Used 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Performance Without A Heavy Price Tag
By Ken Harris

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently traded in a 2009 Honda Accord EXL-4ycl because I was not satisfied with the braking and acceleration. After about 9k miles I started having problems with the rear brakes. I test the drove the Altima and was pleasantly suprised with the performance as compared to the Accord. The Altima has a silky smooth powertrain thanks to the CVT transmission. I prefer a more sporty type vehicle and did not have alot of money to spend. I purchased a used 09 that was in almost showroom condition for 16k. This is the vehicle to purchase if you are seeking performance in a 4 cyl.

Push Start Ignition and CVT Transmission.

I would like to see alloy wheels as a standard option which I believes is the case for 2011. Vanity mirror and Auto headlights

Thin paint
By n25ks

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I very much enjoy driving this car. It rides smoothly and has punch when you hit the accelerator.

Keyless entry and ignition, power at take off because of the CVT, roomy interior, orange on black dashboard display, slopped rear, big windows.

Thicker/higher quality paint (it chips and scratches easily). I'm scared to drive it on a long road trip fearing that the front bumper, hood and side fenders will look like someone took numerous shots at it with a BB gun and never missed. Yeh I could get a bra, but bras go on breasts, not cars.

Dissatisfied Customer
By Dissatisfied Custome

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased 09 Altima last December. We haven't owned the car one yr and the engine began to knock like a diesel. Took car in for servicing by dealer and informed it needed a new engine. After much scrutiny by NISSAN, warranty covered the engine replacement. Had the car back for 2 days, engine wouldn't turn over. Radio, lights, windows would work, but car would not start. Replaced battery at my own expense, still happening. Just wishing we had the Chevy Trailblazer back, and rid of this nightmare.

None at this point.

A warranty is a warranty....please do not scrutinize consumers when the manufacturer has sold them a lemon!

Best of all the rest!
By Nissan Altima 2.5s

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have been driving it for 17 months. I love the comfort. I get 31 miles per gallon combined city, highway. Best car I have ever owned and no problems with it so far.

heated seats, blue tooth lumbar support,and gas mileage.

Can't think of any.

Hesitant Transmissiion Problems
By Ken Mader

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have problems with acceleration. The drive is not smooth and there is hesitation when first giving gas of about 3-4 seconds before it gives me power. Nissan says that this is normal and that there is nothing wrong with the car. Nissan is aware of the problem because others have complained of the same problem, but Nissan is not willing to fix the problem or make the consumer happy. Shame on Nissan!

Body style is nice. I like the heated seats.

Nissan needs to make good on their vehicles by addressing the transmission problems that they are aware of. This is my third Nissan Altima and my last one!