2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Ya gotta drive this one !!!!!
By Rob on 08/02/09 09:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first foreign vehicle. I have been a " Ford Guy " since I started to drive 32 years ago. I tried Honda, Toyota and Nissan is my choice. This car is fun to drive and the gas mileage is unreal. I get on average 31 mpg. I am 6'3" and I have plenty of head and leg room. There is also plenty of room for 3 average adults in the back seat also. No need for the 6 cyl for power, just take the 4 cyl first and give it a try. Much better gas mileage also.

GREAT CAR!
By Krystal on 07/25/09 06:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car! I was undecided between the Altima and the Malibu and after test driving both of these cars I fell in love with the Altima! It has so much more room and it drives so much smoother then the Malibu! I'm so pleased with my final decision! Also, you can also use the Altima as a standard or an automatic vehicle. I don't know how to drive a standard but my boyfriend loves that we have that extra feature in the car! The push start button is amazing because when I leave work my hands are always so full so I've always had to dig for my keys and now I don't have to! This is a really amazing car and I'm so pleased that I chose the NISSAN ALTIMA!

Will buy another
By Anita on 07/23/09 13:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is amazing! PLENTY of power considering it is a 4 cyl. when I test drove it I thought it was a 6!!!! Inside is comfortable with lots of room for my 6 ft husband to drive and sit. Back seat is giant. I will buy another when I am ready and usually that is a year but I want to keep this one for years to come. My friend is going to buy one this weekend!!!

Overhyped Car - Too Much Noise/Vibration
By Jason on 07/21/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in the market for a new car and after reading reviews and test driving a lot of cars, the Nissan Altima was my eventual choice. First the good - great power for a 4-cyl and great gas mileage. Interior is plain but functional. Very stylish. But now the bad. After 1 week of driving - A LOT of vibrations in the floor and pedals from the road. It is to the point now that my feet physically hurt if I operate the car for more than 20 minutes. According to 2 different Nissan mechanics, this is "perfectly normal" and "why the car is so cheap." I don't consider $24K to be cheap and I certainly don't expect any car to operate like this one. This purchase is a regrettable one for sure.

A winner
By elvtars on 07/18/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm what you could consider a hesitant buyer, someone who may spend a year researching and test driving vehicles before committing to buy. As a long- time Honda owner (I still own an Odyssey), the Accord was my initial favorite, but I've researched and test drove most of the competition as well. These are all excellent cars. While I cannot claim that the Altima is the better car, it had enough features I liked to win me over. I owned it for almost 3 months now and I am still excited every morning when I get into it. Since the Accord was my initial choice, I'm listing below the features of the Altima that won me over. What I liked in the competition is listed as suggested improvements.

Love my Altima
By FreezingD on 07/18/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Driven 2600 miles so far. Car is very fun to drive (I have the 6M). Is getting 31-32mpg, I drive 70/30 hwy/ cty. Love the styling, front seats are comfortable. Not sure about the passenger comfort, no one has complained. Car is very steady at 75MPH. Great family car that I don't mind driving around by myself. Stereo is ok, nothing special. Great value for the money.

Awesome!
By Tomasso on 07/15/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima's suspension is superior to the 3-series. It handle Manhattan and Jersey pot holes as if they don't exist. The steering is tight and responsive. Got a sick deal too. Fully-loaded (without nav) for $1,500 below invoice and got them to throw in fog lights.

Excellent Vehicle
By Happy Owner on 07/13/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have always owned American made vehicles until this purchase. I now ask myself, what took me so long! Drives like a dream, great fuel economy and pretty to look at. Very classy and comfortable car. I will never buy anything else I am sold for life. If you haven't decided what to buy, look no further!

Great so far.........
By kinger_111 on 07/07/09 03:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a 2.5SL to replace a 97 Civic coupe and have been very happy thus far. Car looks great, is comfortable, gets good gas mileage (28 mixed through 800 miles...mostly freeway), is quiet and has good pep for a 4 cylinder engine.

Have always owned Nissan...
By L. Virginia on 07/05/09 08:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This new Altima is a very nice car. I sold a '96 that just wore out after 215000 miles. I always buy Nissan, as they are $2 to 5k cheaper than Toyota and the fit, finish and quality are comparable. I love this car and it is fun to drive. Love the Keyless entry and push button starter. Trunk is very nice. All around, I think this car, in Dark slate and charcoal interior looks very classy, and can compete with next model up lines.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*