2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Very happy Altima owner
By tonygio on 09/11/09 06:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked at the Accord and the Camry to measure up against the Altima. I believe all three of those cars are comparable. The main selling point to go with the Altima was the look of the car. I have received many compliments on the car that I do not believe I would receive had I bought either of the other two cars. Aside from the looks, this car has been fantastic. The fuel economy has been amazing, do not believe any review that tells you otherwise. The handling and the comfort of the Altima has met and exceeded our expectations. Nissan has done a fantastic job with this car and we couldn't be happier with a purchase. Kudos Nissan, great job! You have earned a long time customer.

Fun to Drive
By geibelkj on 09/09/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a fun car to drive. Traded in a 2009 accord EX-L for an end of year 09 Altima 2.5 SL. The Altima is a great car. has excellent pickup with the CVT. Smooth and quiet. Fuel economy is good, just took a 4 hour road trip, saw a little over 30 mpg.

Zip Down the Highway in Style & Comfort
By Chris T on 08/28/09 12:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love the styling and comfort of my 2.5S and am glad I made the choice to buy a Nissan product this time around. It has a lot of zip and a sporty look for a 4 door sedan. I've always owned 2 door coupes, but this 4 door car has won me over.

So Glad I Bought IT!
By Poncho on 08/27/09 17:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car in June 09 but it was an 08 left over from the previous year. I paid 21,500 including ttl. They gave me and awesome deal and I loved the service. It has great pick up and no can pass me up. Has good traction and excellent features. It could more cushy seats, but they are ok. The only thing worng is that the right wiper doesnt work right. So I am going to take it to get the wiper replaced. But as far as a v6 it is an awesome car. Better than Toyota and Honda. Another thing I noticed that was fishy was that the gap between the passenger door and the back passenger side door has a larger gap between them than the opposite side. Same with gaps on the hood sides

Pretty Good
By Richard Seibert on 08/25/09 10:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car has smooth ride and decent handling. Handling could be improved with better OE tires. Very pleased with MPG so far. Lease deal was terrific, and that is what swayed me, although I do like the styling and interior design. Intelligent key is great--no fishing for the remote.

Just Purchased -- Great So Far
By traffic_doc on 08/24/09 10:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased this vehicle a week ago using the clunker incentive. I purchased the Altima 2.5S with all the options except for the Navi. So far I have driven it ~900 miles. Ride, handling, acceleration, etc are all excellent. I couldn't be happier.

Stay Away
By unhappy in maryland on 08/22/09 02:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had the car for two months and water has entered on the drivers side. Although the dealer is attempting to determine the cause and will fix under the warranty, I now worry whether there has been any damage to the wiring or computer systems most critical to this vehicle, as the water has entered up under the dash. Particularly, the keyless starting system and the possible rust to the floor boards due to the amount of water that has been deposited since I do not know how much water has entered the car. I am retired and have not driven much and there have been at least 4 heavy rains.

Pathetic Fuel Economy
By Sorrybuyer on 08/07/09 00:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 4Runner thinking that I would get better fuel efficiency based on the advertised 23/31 mpg. It's giving a dismal 18 mpg in the city and a pathetic 20.5 mpg combined. And yes it is the 4 cylinder 2.5S. My 4Runner was giving me just a mile or two less with a 6 cylinder engine! Besides the poor fuel efficiency it's a decent car but if you are looking for better mileage, look elsewhere. My last Nissan purchase!

Awesome car over all - love it
By Superguy on 08/05/09 21:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got the 2.5SL with the nav package. I'm very happy with the car. I love the CVT - very responsive and smoother than the 07 loaner the dealer gave me while waiting for my car. Car is fun to drive, and has a surprising amount of power for a 4 cyl - made me forget about not being able to get the V6. I average about 27-29 mpg in suburban traffic. It stinks that stability and traction control are only available in the V6 cyl. My other big gripe is the radio that comes with the nav package. Could be MUCH better. Sounds good though Overall, this is the best car I've bought to date. I enjoy driving it and it has a smooth and quiet ride. Engine can be a little noisy when revved though.

Go With Six Cyl
By 4isnotenuff on 08/05/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got the SL package on my 2.5S and am only mildly content with the performance vs. options compromise I chose. Having only owned previous 8 cyl. cars (Last was a Continental), the change to 4cyl has been an adjustment to say the least. Ride is great, styling and value are better than Accd/Camry/Mazda6. Power is acceptable; but, wish I got the 6cyl. Still think the mileage for either is great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*