2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Fun, but room for improvement
By GMO on 11/09/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Fun car. Looks great. Issues: Super loud wind noise esp. with windows down and driving over 40mph. Steering is weird. Always aligning it. tends to pull too much to left. Found condensation in rear brake light already. Volume knob makes squeaky sounds sometimes. Don't like the seek control on steering wheel. why hold it down and have to wait. That isn't good. Brakes are jumpy and just not right. The CVT shifting is okay,but takes too long to shift and hangs in high rev too long. It is better when i do it manual and shift at the proper time. It is not smooth at all. it's fun to drive around town. Engine revs a bit too loud and wish the shifting was better. Mileage is good and it looks nice

Poor performance
By kim on 11/02/09 09:09 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Having problems with the CVT trans. Hesitates upon acceleration. Took it to the shop and said that is normal. Car is getting used to your driving. Tries to anticipate what you are going to do. Now I am having problems with the windows opening on their own only the 2 front ones. Has done it 3 times since I bought in June. Dealer cannot find anything wrong. Just have to live with it. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!! But Nissan will fix it if the inside gets ruined by rain. I am not pleased. Sure they will argue that I left the windows down. At this point I will NEVER buy another Nissan. Very unhappy after all of the great reviews.

very comfortable
By Jerter on 10/21/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love this car. Owned two crv before and really love them too. But loved the exterior look of the altima, love the CVT, Boise system, quietness while driving. Traded in a Chrysler as a clunker, got a great new carLove this car. Owned two crv before and really love them too. But loved the exterior look of the altima, love the CVT, Boise system, quietness while driving. Traded in a Chrysler as a clunker, got a great new car

Great fun car but not perfect
By shreve on 10/13/09 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my 2009 Altima for 7 months now. I love to drive it. It is such a fun good looking car. It drives and handles well, but it does have some exterior engine noise that could be looked into. Interior room needs a little expanding. They could have taken some of that trunk and given more leg room for backseat passengers.

Hesitation on Acceleration
By Gary Nadeau on 10/13/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When accelerating the car hesitates significantly. This happens primarily in going from slower to faster speeds and around 2000rpm. Then when you give it a touch more gas, it takes off. It borders on being dangerous. I'm currently trying to get Nissan to recognize that there is an issue. I feel like I'm getting the run around.

The best car
By dede on 10/08/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my new Nissan. I purchased the Nissan Altima 3.5Se with the premium package. The car is super fast. The pickup is amazing. The seats are comfortable. The backseat is huge. Enough room for 3 adult size kids. The car is quiet. The controls are easy to handle. The gas mileage could be better. The car still rides like a dream and worth the extra in premium gas.

LOVE MY ALTIMA
By Pam on 09/22/09 08:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. I have the 2.5SL with every option except Navi. It is extremely comfortable and fun to drive. My first tank of gas I averaged 26 mpg and that is local driving. This is my 5th new car in 4 years and I finally found one I will keep!!!! I test drove the Optima, Accord, Sonata, Camry, several Crossovers, this won hands down. I would recommend this car very highly. The sales people and finance people at Mitchell Nissan on Enterprise AL are the best.

Car with lots to offer
By gmo7092.5S on 09/17/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car is great. Looks really good. Like it in Silver the best. Handles pretty well. Lots of packages ..conv, conv plus and connection package. Looking forward to better reliability than I had with my Olds Alero v6. That was a fun car to drive, but too many issues with the head gasket leaking! Now I have a 4cylinder, but I am liking it. Coupe should have lights/design that sedan has! Love radio but does need quicker way to get from low #'d station to higher without having to hold down seek and wait. Also, brakes are a bit touchy. Steering seems to not want to center for some reason. Wind noise is really loud with windows down on faster drive..super loud. Key fab buttons look alike

Push Button Ignition System
By Nissan Altima on 09/11/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a new 2009 Nissan Altima for a little less than 5 months. And I find the push-button ignition very unreliable. On three different occasions now, I just could not start the car. I took it into the dealer. I was told that they changed the codes.It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it is most aggravating. Tonight, I waited in the dark for the Auto Club after trying more than a half hour to start it. Finally, the push button ignition connected and I called the Auto Club to cancel service. I know that you have to push on the brake pedal to get it started and I have done this repeatedly without success. Is there a sure-fire way to start this car? Please tell me.

Very happy Altima owner
By tonygio on 09/11/09 06:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked at the Accord and the Camry to measure up against the Altima. I believe all three of those cars are comparable. The main selling point to go with the Altima was the look of the car. I have received many compliments on the car that I do not believe I would receive had I bought either of the other two cars. Aside from the looks, this car has been fantastic. The fuel economy has been amazing, do not believe any review that tells you otherwise. The handling and the comfort of the Altima has met and exceeded our expectations. Nissan has done a fantastic job with this car and we couldn't be happier with a purchase. Kudos Nissan, great job! You have earned a long time customer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.