2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Good 4 Dr. Sedan Choice!
By ncgent on 02/04/10 11:52 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned this car for just over 1 month, and I know I made the right choice. I had 23 choices: Accord, Camry or an Altima. I was looking at the 6 cyl. versions of these sedans. Nissan came through in quality of the interior over the Camry. The Honda had more road noise than the others. The Nissan was the most comfortable for me (6'1", 200#). The handling was superior in the Altima - it felt most in touch with the road. I thought I would not like the transmission, but I LOVE the CVT. No harsh shifting points. The CVT does make a noise when accelerate or shutting the engine down like a jet engine. The 10 year CVT warranty assured me it is ok. I do not hesitate to recommend it.

Best made sedan built in Mississippi
By Rusty Wolsleger on 01/10/10 15:30 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

No issues at all, great on MPG, Nashville to Jackson on a tank of gas! Comfort is great, compared to a old mans Camry, this is the car with style and reliability!

Fun, stylish, but a few issues
By GM on 12/26/09 15:12 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car looks good and is fun to drive around. Had to get a recall taken care of before first oil change! Manual shifting can be fun. CVT seems smoother after first oil change. CVT seemed to be revving high sometimes. Heater takes too much time to shoot hot air out. Blows cold air and the auto feature stays on lowest fan setting until the heat kicks in. Also it always blows at your feet when on auto and the A/C is always on with auto. There is a leak with back tail light. Nissan ordered the part and it took a while to come in.

Great Looking car-good in snow
By Jersey Driver on 12/23/09 09:10 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I currently have about 2k miles on the car. The Car handles excellent on the highway and in the city. It took a little while to get used to the brakes and the acceleration of the CVT. I recently drove in the snow storm of 2009. I had no problem keeping up with the snow plows. Handles great in rain, snow and icy roads.

Update
By phillygm on 12/16/09 18:05 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've got about 10000 on the clock now. Car still drives like a champ. Mileage pretty much the same as when purchased, @ 20-22mpg combined 20 miles roundtrip daily depending on foot. Noise in engine compartment is ABS automatic and occurs on all Lexus and Nissan V6's, some more audible than others. Sadly, the rattle in the back was never solved after repeated trips. Strangely, it goes away when a passenger sits on side of the back seat, may try and lcoate rattle myself at some point. No major disappointments yet.

Good
By suhail on 12/05/09 20:16 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima is a fun ride You get a lot for the price

Average
By kurtski on 11/28/09 20:32 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

CVT not as expected as it downshifts too often. Windshield is always fogging up. Electrical issues as airbag and tire pressure light go on and off.

ALTIMA 3.5 SE SEDAN
By Brandon on 11/21/09 10:28 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Car is a blast to drive. The 3.5 mated to the CVT tranny is fantastic. The combination gives immediate throttle response and will push you back in the drivers seat. The handling is great also. Very sure- footed around corners and on the freeway. Steering is tight and responsive. Quality touch and feel to the interior. Well built and stylish. Alternator had a problem (important to note that the car still started and drove fine) and was grounding out on the frame somehow only six weeks after purchase (This is my fourth Nissan and all have been very reliable). Dealer fixed without question and back on the road enjoying car the next day. Drives and feels like a $45K car

Fantastic Travel Car
By Don Douglas on 11/16/09 15:53 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We wanted a vehicle which offered comfort first and economy second for our retirement travels. Our 2009 Altima has exceeded expectations. It is as comfortable on the open road as our 2003 Tahoe and gets 32 mpg at and 5 mph above speed limits with AC on. Also pleasantly surprised with 29 mph around town. Has sufficient power to climb I70 from Denver into the Rockies with ease. Bought the Altima after extensive comparisons to the Camry, Accord and Hyundai Sonata. Altima won for riding comfort and power in the 4- cylinder group. Cannot be more pleased with our selection and would recommend this car to anyone.

Amazing
By Kendal Henry on 11/14/09 22:25 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The reason I purchased my Altima was because my wife wanted a bigger car. Owned a Honda Civic, which I loved great on gas. Just not roomy enough. I like the styling. Very roomy for my wife and my 2 daughters. The 4 cyl @ 175hp is amazing. Owned a Nissan Maxima before, so I know about Nissan performance. Enjoying every minute of it. Interior styling while not great is comfortable. Some slight exterior noise, a little noisy when accelerating.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*