Used 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Brakes, nuff said
By dannyry

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm going on my 3rd set of brakes in 2 years. Front brakes I should say. I've owned various cars through my life, drive mostly highway miles, and regularly check my brake fluid. I can't say I recommend this or the refresh model based on this. It's getting a little costly to say the least. I've owned a prior altima to this and had no issues, and drove in the city at the time. If you search it, it's a common problem which has not been issued a recall, so I guess it's not as known or common as it needs to be for a recall. I can without a doubt say this is my last altima, and I will always wait 2-3 years after the refresh and do proper diligence prior to buying a car.

Favorite Features

It has an auxilary jack. That is my favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the brakes. Maybe the passenger seat comfort.

BUGS!! BUGS!! BUGSS!!!
By evelynt1

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had a pretty fair experice with my Nissan Altima but a major dissapointment in this car is that when there is a problem with the vehicle the dealership seems unavailbale to fix it. I live in a rural area where bugs are prominent and it seems that my car as well as others around mine are extremly suscepitable to bugs being into the tail lights. They are very unsightly and nearly immpossibe to get out. When i contacted the dealer they told me that if the problem was not water they were not responsible for fixing my inconvience. I went to the nissan service area to see what I could do about this and they informed me that I would have to pay $500 each for new tail lights.

Favorite Features

N/A

Suggested Improvements

To be able to fix problems effecintly. Also to remve the tube that allows bugs to find there way into the lights. These bugs inevitably, make me not want to drive my car which in turn gives my rate for car performance and quality rate to be low.

Good car but unstable in winter
By arilling1

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As posted in separate message, my 2009 Altima has stability problems in winter and weighted conditions. Aside from this, it is rather decent car but the fear to drive in winter out-weighs any benefit. I would recommend not to buy due to safety concern.

Suggested Improvements

Make stable for winter conditions.

disturbing horn/alarm
By george6464

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

the altima 2009 is okay but one major pain: the remote key set. the horn button is awkwardly place that whenever the keys are in my pocket, the pad will often touch pocket contents or plain body and sound the alarm when I don't need it. I have to hold it all the time. can the next key pad be modified to ensure the alarm part is lower than other keys and cannot accidentally be triggered.

crappy transmission
By mykegee723

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

when i got this car it was awesome. then all of a sudden going about 30 mph car would shake and my mileage decreased from combined city and highway 25 to 19 mph. i repeatedly took it in and nothing wrong was found. although dealership felt the shaking right away. they couldnt fix it. repeatedly took it in. all of a sudden a service bulliten came out that this is the way the car is supposed to drive. b s. i say. i contacted nissan usa and tried to reason with them. and they told me yea thats the way it is. i am a car audio installer for more than 8 yrs, and i have worked on many nissan altimas like mine. they all drove great.. obviously there is something wrong. i trade piece o crap in.