Used 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Electronic Steering Column Lock
By Jeff Long

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Got stranded when the ESCL failed. One month out of extended warranty with very low miles, only 5000 miles a year on average, and they denied warranty. So $975 bill for me. Wouldn't buy one again. Had other issues with the car as well.

Nissan worst car I've ever purchased
By Gipson

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this 2009 Altima with 40,000 miles on it. Within a month the tps sensors went out. 600$ to repair. Less than 2years later those same sensors go out again another 600$ to repair. 4Years into the car the transmission is going bad and Nissan does not repair or even troubleshoot the transmission they only suggest replacing it when they feel it might b the issue. HONDA HERE I COME!!! I also have a 2003 honda that has 180,000 miles that I've had over 8years no issues at all with it.

6 years and still going strong
By barc2009

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So I've had my 2.5-SL for 6yrs and 57,000 miles now ... haven't had a single issue with it beyond routine maintenance stuff. It's been a great car ... was very happy with this purchase.

Great power, efficency, comfort and reliability for this segment.

Wished I'd opted for the technology package originally, but otherwise ... all good.

Nissan Sucks
By arifzaidi

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Let me just say that, one shall never buy Nissan. If you need your warrenty honored, you will have to spend more on your inspections and work around that Nissan will recommend before they agree to pay for it.

I have Altima 2009 with bad transmission. Nissan support recommended 1800 worth of work around and it still has a problem and they are not honoring the warrenty. Nissan users, please lets get togather and sue Nissan. It shouldn't be selling these cars in USA because they are treating customers really bad.

EVerything is bad now!

Customer service, honor your words for warrenty instead of miling customers. You don't want to pay for warrenty until customer spends more on workarounds that you recommend. You have got to be ashamed of yourself.

Glad I bought it
By shelbydog9

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Nissan Altima new. I was looking for a new car and went to a local car show, where they had many cars of the type I was looking for (sedans). I’m 6’5” tall, my first concern was whether I fit or not. Either not enough head room or not enough leg room eliminated 90% of the cars. Price range, basic features, comfort narrowed it down to this car. I chose the bigger engine for more control and better handling. I have almost 60,000 miles on it now and I still love the car. I did have a problem with the front windshield cracking within the first month; they replaced it without any problem. This car has been well worth my investment.

I’m getting 20.5 miles per gallon (80% local, 20% highway), actually calculated from the first fill up I got. Head & leg room is great.

I don't like the look of the new 2015 models as much as my (and similar) year.