2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: 2009 Nissan Altima 4 door SL

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2009 Nissan Altima 4 door SL
By lissysmom02 on

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought brand new. I think that the overall appearance of the vehicle is sharp. I do however have some issues. The engine noise in the cabin is quite loud. I also have condensation in my rear brake lights and when addressed with the dealer, they told me that was normal. Had to have the rotors resurfaced already at 11,400 miles (I've had it less than a year.) The CVT transmission seems to lag and not shift fast enough. It also feels like it can't get out of its own way sometimes. My Mazda 3 was faster and way more fun! The Altima is nice but not really fun to drive and the steering is weird, I always feel like I am correcting it.

I love the push start and the little gadgets of convenience. I like the bells-and-whistle stuff. The heated leather seats are great in the winter. There is a good amount of room in the back seat and the trunk is good size.

steering and in-cabin noise improvements should be addressed. Cornering and handling could be better. Improvements to the CVT transmission so it compliments instead of being an issue of concern.