2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
My recent purchase
By pjrias on 04/10/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My 2009 Altima 2.5 SL was purchased in early March of 2010. It was a Clearance purchase, and was purchased new. So far I would have to say it was my best purchase in 30 years of buying new cars. Took it on a 200 mile all Highway drive to Montauk Point on long Island and averaged 36 mpg at a average speed of 65. The ride was comfortable and quite. The Radio was excellent. And the power was more than sufficient. I'm in love with this car to say the least!

New Surprise
By G Peterson on 02/07/10 16:27 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I own a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder that now has 125,000 miles. It is my baby that I love but since moving to SC from NJ I wanted a car with good mileage for our travels. While only owning the car for a few months I find it fun to drive, mileage is good and I love the way it handles. It is almost like a sports car. In two weeks it will be taken on a drive to Florida and I can't wait to get it on 95 where I can really see the mileage it gets. For a 4 cylinder its has great pick-up.

Fun, stylish, but a few issues
By GM on 12/26/09 15:12 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car looks good and is fun to drive around. Had to get a recall taken care of before first oil change! Manual shifting can be fun. CVT seems smoother after first oil change. CVT seemed to be revving high sometimes. Heater takes too much time to shoot hot air out. Blows cold air and the auto feature stays on lowest fan setting until the heat kicks in. Also it always blows at your feet when on auto and the A/C is always on with auto. There is a leak with back tail light. Nissan ordered the part and it took a while to come in.

Push Button Ignition System
By Nissan Altima on 09/11/09 21:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a new 2009 Nissan Altima for a little less than 5 months. And I find the push-button ignition very unreliable. On three different occasions now, I just could not start the car. I took it into the dealer. I was told that they changed the codes.It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it is most aggravating. Tonight, I waited in the dark for the Auto Club after trying more than a half hour to start it. Finally, the push button ignition connected and I called the Auto Club to cancel service. I know that you have to push on the brake pedal to get it started and I have done this repeatedly without success. Is there a sure-fire way to start this car? Please tell me.

Go With Six Cyl
By 4isnotenuff on 08/05/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got the SL package on my 2.5S and am only mildly content with the performance vs. options compromise I chose. Having only owned previous 8 cyl. cars (Last was a Continental), the change to 4cyl has been an adjustment to say the least. Ride is great, styling and value are better than Accd/Camry/Mazda6. Power is acceptable; but, wish I got the 6cyl. Still think the mileage for either is great.

Ya gotta drive this one !!!!!
By Rob on 08/02/09 09:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first foreign vehicle. I have been a " Ford Guy " since I started to drive 32 years ago. I tried Honda, Toyota and Nissan is my choice. This car is fun to drive and the gas mileage is unreal. I get on average 31 mpg. I am 6'3" and I have plenty of head and leg room. There is also plenty of room for 3 average adults in the back seat also. No need for the 6 cyl for power, just take the 4 cyl first and give it a try. Much better gas mileage also.

Will buy another
By Anita on 07/23/09 13:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is amazing! PLENTY of power considering it is a 4 cyl. when I test drove it I thought it was a 6!!!! Inside is comfortable with lots of room for my 6 ft husband to drive and sit. Back seat is giant. I will buy another when I am ready and usually that is a year but I want to keep this one for years to come. My friend is going to buy one this weekend!!!

Great Value
By Sephen on 06/13/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased my Nissan Altima and really love it. I have spent a months looking for the best car for my wife and new driver son. This car fits perfectly. I spent 17k for a car that is loaded with features. My primary concern was saftey and size. The car is again is perfect, not too big not too small. Fun to drive great looks, great value. Very happy with the price and purchase experience.

Couldnt' be Happier
By NPD on 04/05/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

To say that I am happy with my Nissan Altima would be an understatement. This vehicle replaced a 2006 Murano. It has everything I could want... and more. My car comes with Bluetooth, which is easy to use and it actually understands me! I don't have the optional Navigation system, but there is a convenient compartment with electrical to plug in my portable Nuvi. My Altima only has 4 cylinders, but I have no problem with acceleration onto the expressway. My only regret is that I am leasing. If I had known how happy I would be, I would have bought it.

Cheap, Fast, Cool
By Josh on 01/07/09 09:02 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car has good acceleration, and the CVT is nice. At cruising speeds, if you need to pass somebody the power is always there. The one thing that I found very odd: there is no radio in the base version? Dealer had to install one for me. Car looks good (minus the wheel covers... I don't get that either). Engine noise is present, but it's a 4 cyl so its expected. Push button start is cool. Display is cool. Overall it's a nice ride for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$127 per month*