2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
BUGS!! BUGS!! BUGSS!!!
By evelynt1 on 04/22/12 15:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had a pretty fair experice with my Nissan Altima but a major dissapointment in this car is that when there is a problem with the vehicle the dealership seems unavailbale to fix it. I live in a rural area where bugs are prominent and it seems that my car as well as others around mine are extremly suscepitable to bugs being into the tail lights. They are very unsightly and nearly immpossibe to get out. When i contacted the dealer they told me that if the problem was not water they were not responsible for fixing my inconvience. I went to the nissan service area to see what I could do about this and they informed me that I would have to pay $500 each for new tail lights.

Good car but unstable in winter
By arilling1 on 03/16/12 15:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As posted in separate message, my 2009 Altima has stability problems in winter and weighted conditions. Aside from this, it is rather decent car but the fear to drive in winter out-weighs any benefit. I would recommend not to buy due to safety concern.

disturbing horn/alarm
By george6464 on 12/29/11 04:32 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

the altima 2009 is okay but one major pain: the remote key set. the horn button is awkwardly place that whenever the keys are in my pocket, the pad will often touch pocket contents or plain body and sound the alarm when I don't need it. I have to hold it all the time. can the next key pad be modified to ensure the alarm part is lower than other keys and cannot accidentally be triggered.

crappy transmission
By mykegee723 on 10/30/11 00:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

when i got this car it was awesome. then all of a sudden going about 30 mph car would shake and my mileage decreased from combined city and highway 25 to 19 mph. i repeatedly took it in and nothing wrong was found. although dealership felt the shaking right away. they couldnt fix it. repeatedly took it in. all of a sudden a service bulliten came out that this is the way the car is supposed to drive. b s. i say. i contacted nissan usa and tried to reason with them. and they told me yea thats the way it is. i am a car audio installer for more than 8 yrs, and i have worked on many nissan altimas like mine. they all drove great.. obviously there is something wrong. i trade piece o crap in.

Thee Worst Nissan ever owned!!!!
By medinamv on 10/22/11 17:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned about 9 brand new nissan 10 used ones. from 1979 till 2009 5/pick-ups /3-200sx 5-altimas (2 have 200k onthem) 3/240sx and yes even my toys 2001 Skyline/2001 silvia S15 bluetop (stationed in Japanand now in the states with daddy) plus 3 sentras. never any problems at all!BUT! my 09 Altima 2.5s is the biggest dissappointment ever/ engine replaced at 30k for Knocking/ wears tires on rear evry 20k but alignment shows it is fine. now tranny at 59k and engine noise is back. real loud in mornings like oil is not getting up to top end. I am going to trade in ASAP on A Hyundai or VW Passat asap! I have owned my last Nissan.

Great value and performance
By dkeehn2 on 07/19/11 21:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

If you love the G35 but not the price, this is your car. Other than badging and the grill, it is nearly identical. Same 3.5 liter engine that's in the G35 or 350Z. A little less bling than the G cars, but I spent THOUSANDS less for more or less the same car. It is front wheel drive instead of rear wheel drive, as the G is. OK, so "real" sports cars are rear wheel drive. Fine. I prefer the front wheel drive for bad weather situations and this car is still a rocket. Absolutely no problems with it. Good build quality.

Getting Closer to Luxury
By mbro1 on 06/03/11 17:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned a '98, '04, and now the '09. Every Altima has been an improvement over its former self, however, this Altima is surpassing every expectation that I had for it. The CVT is smooth and keeps the car in a superb power range, yet maximizing the fuel economy. The noise outside of the cabin is greatly reduced from the prior models and everything is just perfectly improved. Nissan has certainly pulled themselves into an area that is capable of competing with European and American Luxury brands. Think about it...do you want Luxury that'll cost you as much as a house, or car that is almost just as good for a supremely phenomenal deal!!!

It's the Ultima
By alainalane on 04/29/11 08:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just got this car and it is wonderful. Has a lot of get up and go, very spacious, tons of leg room, comfy seats, great interior. I could go on and on. The glove box is very deep, and theres tons of little compartments around the car to store your things. It's a fun car to drive.

CRAPPIEST Car I ever owned
By giorgos2 on 04/22/11 13:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2009 Altima in March 2009. It is by far the CRAPPIEST car I ever owned (among 10+ cars). Extremely noisy cabin, gas-alcoholic, rides uncomfortably, issues with transmission, touchy brakes, cheaply-made interior, seals already weathered, very noisy while accelerating, etc, etc. ... and not to mention the much higher insurance-premiums Nissan owners have to pay for such a piece of crap. CVT is totally worthless - it truly subtracts any little value this vehicle has. The only positive attribute I can talk about is the style of the car, and outside shape/contours, which were quite a big factor in choosing it - I still think it has a great look (as most Nissans do).

Worst car ever owned
By hrl227 on 02/24/11 19:03 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought 2009 Altima brand new in Nov 2009. Engine extemly loud, the rear brakes are so loud. I only have 11,000 miles on it. The engine sounds like it is going to drop to the ground at any moment. The passenger chair makes a virbrating sound. Just an awful new car. I regret buying this piece of crap. I can't wait to go back to Honda.