Used 2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sorry in Reisterstown
By Sorry in Reisterstow

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great looking, handling, performance,but reliability and quality of build questionable. Purchased July 2009. As of October 23, 2009 had to return for leaking water into interior from moonroof and again for battery failure. What's next? Plan to trade-in for a Honda and take a lost. At least I won't need to worry about traveling any distance because of the possible next break down. Although the dealer repaired the cause of the leak, it refused to replace the wet padding unless an odor developed and only charged the completely dead battery.

Favorite Features

Style, handling, performance,18" wheels

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality checks and ensure battery is fully charged before turning over to buyer.

Poor performance
By kim

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Having problems with the CVT trans. Hesitates upon acceleration. Took it to the shop and said that is normal. Car is getting used to your driving. Tries to anticipate what you are going to do. Now I am having problems with the windows opening on their own only the 2 front ones. Has done it 3 times since I bought in June. Dealer cannot find anything wrong. Just have to live with it. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!! But Nissan will fix it if the inside gets ruined by rain. I am not pleased. Sure they will argue that I left the windows down. At this point I will NEVER buy another Nissan. Very unhappy after all of the great reviews.

Favorite Features

The sound system. Very sporty.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the CVT transmission. Back seat could be larger.

very comfortable
By Jerter

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love this car. Owned two crv before and really love them too. But loved the exterior look of the altima, love the CVT, Boise system, quietness while driving. Traded in a Chrysler as a clunker, got a great new carLove this car. Owned two crv before and really love them too. But loved the exterior look of the altima, love the CVT, Boise system, quietness while driving. Traded in a Chrysler as a clunker, got a great new car

Favorite Features

Boise,CVT,looks

Suggested Improvements

like a rear wiper,like the temps show all the time, not only when you set it.more than one item is on the same set

goodlooking -bad driving
By santo

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car because of it's looks. But was disappointed by the performance. The brakes are super sensitive and it jerks when braking and my back hurts every time. Poor visibility for a short person. Very bad on ice and slick roads. In real life look can be deceiving.

Favorite Features

compact, but enough room inside

Suggested Improvements

Improve braking system. Improve visibility

Great fun car but not perfect
By shreve

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my 2009 Altima for 7 months now. I love to drive it. It is such a fun good looking car. It drives and handles well, but it does have some exterior engine noise that could be looked into. Interior room needs a little expanding. They could have taken some of that trunk and given more leg room for backseat passengers.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the keyless remote. I love not having to look for keys. I also like the style of the car. It is good looking and fun.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan definitely needs to look at expanding the interior room of this vehicle. After purchasing it, I wish I would have gotten something with a little more leg room. There is absolutely no room between seat and middle panel. If you drop something, it takes an act of Congress to get it.