2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews 13

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2009 Altima Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
THE ULTIMATE ALTIMA YET....
By CAR KZ

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

well let me start by writing I sold my 2008 Toyota Avalon touring pkg for this car. this is one comfertable, fun to drive, well equiped, FUEL EFFCIENT, FAST.....etc and the list goes on and on and on... i've owened this car from march/2009 and until today i still look forward driving it. the CVT trany it is the best invention yet that nissan used in their cars. if you ask me about pros and cons all I can say is PROs... PROs. i was a toyota guy for the past 10 years. I tried hondas and more toyotas but didn't like them. i'm so glad/happy that i bought a nissan it is well build inside and outside.the only think that I had to get used to "WHICH IS NOT A BAD THINK" is CVT trany.

Favorite Features

CVT, style inside and outside, quite, roomy, well build and put together and don't let me forget the PUSH BOTTON i haven't took my keyes out of my pocket to open or start the car. and the list goes on and on...

Suggested Improvements

NONE..... NONE..... NONE.....

Well worth the little extra in price
By Zach

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased this car for my wife, we researched and test drove the Camry, Fusion, and Mazda6 as well but selected the Altima. It has what we felt was the best finishing details/trim and was sportier than the Camry and Fussion. The Mazda6 was a close 2nd place but our local dealer didn't have much of a selection. We have owned Mazda 626 and a Camry in the past and really like both of them, but the Altima just fit our needs better this time. Probably a little more in price when equipped comparably, but worth the extra $$. We love it so far.

Favorite Features

The keyless push button start is pretty cool, but overall the stongest in class 175hp four cylinder is what set it apart from the others.

Suggested Improvements

If Nissan could be more flexible on options instead of packaging them the way they do it would be much better. You have to buy alot of extra options to get the alloy wheels.

Simply the Best Car in it's Class
By Mr. + Mrs. Smith

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Altima 3.5 SE coupe is simply the best car in every aspect. the build quality,the many well thought out features,it's performance, smooth ride, awesome handling,looks and especially the great value really make this car an easy choice. Nissan thought of everything in designing and building this fantastic car. The engine has been rated as one of the top ten engines in the world for the past 14 years ! The CVT automatic transmission is regarded as the best transmission in the Auto industry. A warning to Honda + Toyota: you had better step up your game and quit relying on your reputation because you getting left far behind!

Favorite Features

The powerful silky smooth 270hp V6 + 6 speed CVT automatic transmission.The car's awesome looks, smooth quiet ride,great handling and luxurious interior. And all of the really cool bells + whistles (features) this car has! Almost forgot to mention the largest glovebox I ever seen on a car.

Suggested Improvements

Offer an active security system as an option

Don't buy if you use for travel
By Uncomfortable

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took our new Altima SL on its first out of town trip. Very uncomfortable passenger seating, especially the poorly designed front passenger seat. The seat is only 8" from the floor, and seat dimensions are too small for someone over 5'10". Unfortunately, we spent too much time worrying about engine performance and options, and the test drive was not long enough to focus on this serious problem. We bought this for in town driving (which is fine), and for some out of town trips. It is physically painful to ride more than an hour. Very disappointed -- wish we had stayed with a slightly less responsive, and a little more boring Accord or Camry that we considered.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, engine responsiveness.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger seating, especially front passenger seat.

Couldn't Be Better!
By rocketman

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my SE coupe two weeks ago and love everything about it: The V6 is smooth and powerful. It handles extremely well, has great styling, and a well laid-out comfortable interior. I love the bluetooth hands-free (really necessary with a stick-shift), and the Bose stereo is definitely worth every penny!. On top of all that, I beat the Edmunds TMV price by $600 without even haggling with the dealer. A previous reviewer was comparing this car with an Accord coupe and was wondering if Nissan is as reliable as Honda. I say every bit! My trade was a 1995 200SX with 241K miles and it never needed any major repairs! Hope this one does that well!

Favorite Features

The V6 has excellent power and has a nice subdued growl that it makes when accelerating. The bluetooth hands- free works well. The Bose stereo upgrade is worth every penny! The xenon headlights really light up those dark country roads at night. I love the styling.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if the car had a slightly larger trunk, but not if it meant making the car larger overall. It's the perfect size for my everyday commuter car.

Couldnt' be Happier
By NPD

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

To say that I am happy with my Nissan Altima would be an understatement. This vehicle replaced a 2006 Murano. It has everything I could want... and more. My car comes with Bluetooth, which is easy to use and it actually understands me! I don't have the optional Navigation system, but there is a convenient compartment with electrical to plug in my portable Nuvi. My Altima only has 4 cylinders, but I have no problem with acceleration onto the expressway. My only regret is that I am leasing. If I had known how happy I would be, I would have bought it.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of a thing!

happy with my first car
By nursebarbie

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first car, so far 900 miles/3 mo. I live in the city. It is fun to drive in the city and on the highway. I don't know if this is my doing or not, but my breaks are already squeaking (?!) Breaking is not as tight as I would like but steering and maneuvering is fun, esp. for its size. Engine is loud but it's not a bad thing in my opinion. It's pretty easy to parallel park. Center console is nicely set up (and BOSE rocksss) but knobs do seem a little cheap. Back seat is smaller than other cars in its class. Trunk is huge. Sharp car for young people and/or those who want an affordable fun car.

Favorite Features

heated leather seats, keyless entry/push button start (so clutch!!), bose system, auto locks when it hits certain speed

Suggested Improvements

auto headlights

New car experience
By JMart

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

White W/SL Package minus navigation... Initially worried about getting a four cylinder to commute across a small mountain everyday on the way to work. Those fears have been put to rest and the cvt helps slow the car when going downhill. Very smooth ride and currently averaging 27 mpg.

Favorite Features

keyless entry, CVT, Bose Stereo, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Allow people to get foglights without having to plunk down $2000 for a navigation system. auto lock for doors after you walk away.

Nice Car
By dan p.

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ive been very impressed so far with this car. The price was great for such a reliable car. It is not only reliable but can be quick and great on gas.

Favorite Features

many features are included in the "basic" model

Good car
By ben0123

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first new car and I really like it. I was testing 2008 altima coupe 2.5s and Honda accord coupe exl. Even though I like the long term reliability of Honda but I like the style and performance of altima coupe. It is much quite than the Honda accord. I would recommend this car to anyone who likes the sport car. Accord coupe is also a beautiful car but I think it is still like a family car.

Favorite Features

star/ stop button.

Suggested Improvements

17" wheels on 2.5 model. Bixenon headlight like the accord coupe