Used 2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
THE ULTIMATE ALTIMA YET....
By CAR KZ on 04/24/09 17:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

well let me start by writing I sold my 2008 Toyota Avalon touring pkg for this car. this is one comfertable, fun to drive, well equiped, FUEL EFFCIENT, FAST.....etc and the list goes on and on and on... i've owened this car from march/2009 and until today i still look forward driving it. the CVT trany it is the best invention yet that nissan used in their cars. if you ask me about pros and cons all I can say is PROs... PROs. i was a toyota guy for the past 10 years. I tried hondas and more toyotas but didn't like them. i'm so glad/happy that i bought a nissan it is well build inside and outside.the only think that I had to get used to "WHICH IS NOT A BAD THINK" is CVT trany.

Well worth the little extra in price
By Zach on 04/17/09 06:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased this car for my wife, we researched and test drove the Camry, Fusion, and Mazda6 as well but selected the Altima. It has what we felt was the best finishing details/trim and was sportier than the Camry and Fussion. The Mazda6 was a close 2nd place but our local dealer didn't have much of a selection. We have owned Mazda 626 and a Camry in the past and really like both of them, but the Altima just fit our needs better this time. Probably a little more in price when equipped comparably, but worth the extra $$. We love it so far.

Simply the Best Car in it's Class
By Mr. + Mrs. Smith on 04/15/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Altima 3.5 SE coupe is simply the best car in every aspect. the build quality,the many well thought out features,it's performance, smooth ride, awesome handling,looks and especially the great value really make this car an easy choice. Nissan thought of everything in designing and building this fantastic car. The engine has been rated as one of the top ten engines in the world for the past 14 years ! The CVT automatic transmission is regarded as the best transmission in the Auto industry. A warning to Honda + Toyota: you had better step up your game and quit relying on your reputation because you getting left far behind!

Don't buy if you use for travel
By Uncomfortable on 04/10/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took our new Altima SL on its first out of town trip. Very uncomfortable passenger seating, especially the poorly designed front passenger seat. The seat is only 8" from the floor, and seat dimensions are too small for someone over 5'10". Unfortunately, we spent too much time worrying about engine performance and options, and the test drive was not long enough to focus on this serious problem. We bought this for in town driving (which is fine), and for some out of town trips. It is physically painful to ride more than an hour. Very disappointed -- wish we had stayed with a slightly less responsive, and a little more boring Accord or Camry that we considered.

Couldn't Be Better!
By rocketman on 04/09/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my SE coupe two weeks ago and love everything about it: The V6 is smooth and powerful. It handles extremely well, has great styling, and a well laid-out comfortable interior. I love the bluetooth hands-free (really necessary with a stick-shift), and the Bose stereo is definitely worth every penny!. On top of all that, I beat the Edmunds TMV price by $600 without even haggling with the dealer. A previous reviewer was comparing this car with an Accord coupe and was wondering if Nissan is as reliable as Honda. I say every bit! My trade was a 1995 200SX with 241K miles and it never needed any major repairs! Hope this one does that well!

Couldnt' be Happier
By NPD on 04/05/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

To say that I am happy with my Nissan Altima would be an understatement. This vehicle replaced a 2006 Murano. It has everything I could want... and more. My car comes with Bluetooth, which is easy to use and it actually understands me! I don't have the optional Navigation system, but there is a convenient compartment with electrical to plug in my portable Nuvi. My Altima only has 4 cylinders, but I have no problem with acceleration onto the expressway. My only regret is that I am leasing. If I had known how happy I would be, I would have bought it.

happy with my first car
By nursebarbie on 03/22/09 22:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first car, so far 900 miles/3 mo. I live in the city. It is fun to drive in the city and on the highway. I don't know if this is my doing or not, but my breaks are already squeaking (?!) Breaking is not as tight as I would like but steering and maneuvering is fun, esp. for its size. Engine is loud but it's not a bad thing in my opinion. It's pretty easy to parallel park. Center console is nicely set up (and BOSE rocksss) but knobs do seem a little cheap. Back seat is smaller than other cars in its class. Trunk is huge. Sharp car for young people and/or those who want an affordable fun car.

New car experience
By JMart on 03/15/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

White W/SL Package minus navigation... Initially worried about getting a four cylinder to commute across a small mountain everyday on the way to work. Those fears have been put to rest and the cvt helps slow the car when going downhill. Very smooth ride and currently averaging 27 mpg.

Nice Car
By dan p. on 03/14/09 05:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ive been very impressed so far with this car. The price was great for such a reliable car. It is not only reliable but can be quick and great on gas.

Good car
By ben0123 on 03/11/09 15:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first new car and I really like it. I was testing 2008 altima coupe 2.5s and Honda accord coupe exl. Even though I like the long term reliability of Honda but I like the style and performance of altima coupe. It is much quite than the Honda accord. I would recommend this car to anyone who likes the sport car. Accord coupe is also a beautiful car but I think it is still like a family car.