Used 2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great Looking car-good in snow
By Jersey Driver

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I currently have about 2k miles on the car. The Car handles excellent on the highway and in the city. It took a little while to get used to the brakes and the acceleration of the CVT. I recently drove in the snow storm of 2009. I had no problem keeping up with the snow plows. Handles great in rain, snow and icy roads.

Gas mileage, CVT engine, Keyless remote. Push button start. Fun to drive and great looking. Great pickup for a 4cyl.

Improve Interior squeaks and rattles, Improve sound reduction. Seats need more thigh/lumbar support.Traction control should be standard. Replacement key should be less than $300. Work on highway wind noise reduction.

Not my Car/Hubby's
By Carola

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in a '99 Avalon Toyota. Car is low to ground like Avalon '99. Engine noise is too loud, sluggish take off. Just not a car for me. I never drive his car, no desire to. Exterior is pretty, but I'd rather have a Camry. It is higher of ground and seats need to be automatic. I haven't found a comfortable position in front seat yet, driver or passenger. I refuse to take a trip in car.

The keyless entry and start are wonderful, the exterior is stylish, but too low to ground for me.

Update
By phillygm

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've got about 10000 on the clock now. Car still drives like a champ. Mileage pretty much the same as when purchased, @ 20-22mpg combined 20 miles roundtrip daily depending on foot. Noise in engine compartment is ABS automatic and occurs on all Lexus and Nissan V6's, some more audible than others. Sadly, the rattle in the back was never solved after repeated trips. Strangely, it goes away when a passenger sits on side of the back seat, may try and lcoate rattle myself at some point. No major disappointments yet.

Power and handling are exceptional. Still brings a smile to my face and a frown to the wife's.

After reading other reviews, build quality should still be addressed and techs better trained to identify loose or ill-installed equipment.

Good
By suhail

2009 Nissan Altima is a fun ride You get a lot for the price

In Dash music system pretty good And the sound quality is excellent

I don't really have any negative feedback for this car the interior is silent don't hear much sounds from outside.

Average
By kurtski

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

CVT not as expected as it downshifts too often. Windshield is always fogging up. Electrical issues as airbag and tire pressure light go on and off.

Push button start

fogging issues and more driver friendly CVT