2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Great Car!
By Beachcomber on 05/29/09 22:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my new Nissan Altima coupe. It has a great feel on the road, plenty of pep and it's fun to drive. The Altima coupe has that "sports car" feel at an affordable price. The new CVT transmission is excellent...a great addition to this fine car. I would highly recommend this car to anyone in the market for a sporty daily driver.

Love It
By Matt F on 05/21/09 04:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned the car for just over two months now, and am completely satisfied with my purchase. Mixed highway and city driving gives 27-30 mpg (over 4000+ miles so far). The ride is smooth, the car is comfortable, and I love the way it looks and handles. Passengers have commented on how well it rides and how it looks. It is a quiet car even at highway speed. Another reviewer complained about the sound of the turn signal; I think it's so quiet I have to visually check to see that it's actually on. Keyless entry/push button start takes some adjustment, but is very convenient. Good A/C and stereo with the convenience package. Absolutely no doubts or regrets to this point.

Very Pleased, so far
By Brad on 05/20/09 12:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I switched from the Murano (which I loved)to the Altima, due to gas prices. I avg.30.5 per gal. and can't believe how far I can go on a full tank. I do miss the storage room, although it's generally good. The nav stinks compared to a Garmin at a fraction of the price. The design of the black console is just ok. On long drives my leg leans against the center console and becomes uncomfortable. Generally though, it's a nice drive. The car should have a rear wiper.It does have a Great sound system.

Love my Altima
By LizzieGirl on 05/19/09 15:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Altima 2 months, and the longer I have the more I love it. I get 35 mpg on the Interstate and 25-26 in town. I did a lot of research and test drove most of the competition. But when I saw the Altima, it was love at first sight. I have just under 2,000 miles on it and it drives like you're on a cloud. It is quiet and the CVT transmission is very smooth. I love the sporty look of it. I thought I got a great deal for this amount of car. I would highly recommend the Altima.

less impressed all the time
By olddad on 05/17/09 23:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2009 Altima 2.5 S in March. I previously was driving a 1998 Honda Accord. I have only driven about 1200 miles in this car so far. Fuel economy around town is about the same as my accord. I like driving this car around town. I don't think it compares to the Accord on the highway. The Accord drove itself, this car, I have to steer too much. I don't care for the way the Altima handles on the open road.

Lot of Bang for the Buck
By kinarow1 on 05/11/09 17:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Why spend $10K more for a BMW, Audi, or Acura? This has most of the amenities of the high end luxury brands at a huge savings. Surprisingly quiet, good enough power, reasonably nice stereo. Sharp looking car.

Fun family car
By phillygm on 05/05/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Got it loaded minus nav. Only owned the car for a week with almost 200 on the clock. The ride is wonderful and the power is exceptional. It feels very athletic yet has the capabilities for a family car that I was looking for. I rated it slightly lower on build and reliability because I already have a squeak by the back seat and a strange clank in the engine compartment by the driver's side firewall. Almost sounds like some spring mechanism resetting. It only does it after each start up after cooling down when you are just starting to drive off. Very strange.

Best for the money
By royboy41 on 05/02/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my vehicle for 1000 miles now and I am very happy with it. I looked at a variety of cars: used Acura TL, new Acura TSX, Mazda 3 (2010) and a Ford Edge. The Altima SL CVT with Bose is very comparable to the TSX but has a better body style and was thousands cheaper. The voice activation blue-tooth phone is very very cool! Wish the 2.5 had a few more horses for when the car has 4 passengers, but it is sufficient. You can always step up to the 3.5 if needed for a couple grand. It also fits 5 passengers very comfortably.

So far so good
By Teefer on 04/30/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just picked it up yesterday after years of waiting and researching (thank you Edmunds!) 2.5S with Convenience Package and Moonroof in Winter Frost. I'm 6' 2" so I have the seat back/down, which does create some blind spots. Ride is quiet and the CVT is great. Push-button start and keyless entry are pretty neat.

Hard to Please Happy Driver
By jmbduke on 04/26/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted to wait until the I had some time with the car before I gave my review. All i can say is that I really enjoy driving this car. The engine is sweet and quite responsive around town and on the highway. The gas mileage is where I though it would be (average 26 in mixed driving) and it has been increasing with each tank. No car is perfect, but the SL has all the features I was looking for at a price that did't leave me car poor at the end of the month. I test drove all the competition...Fusion, Accord, Camry, Malibu, Mazda6....and I kept coming back to the Altima. I'm glad I did.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$127 per month*