2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
happy with my first car
By nursebarbie on 03/22/09 22:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first car, so far 900 miles/3 mo. I live in the city. It is fun to drive in the city and on the highway. I don't know if this is my doing or not, but my breaks are already squeaking (?!) Breaking is not as tight as I would like but steering and maneuvering is fun, esp. for its size. Engine is loud but it's not a bad thing in my opinion. It's pretty easy to parallel park. Center console is nicely set up (and BOSE rocksss) but knobs do seem a little cheap. Back seat is smaller than other cars in its class. Trunk is huge. Sharp car for young people and/or those who want an affordable fun car.

New car experience
By JMart on 03/15/09 17:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

White W/SL Package minus navigation... Initially worried about getting a four cylinder to commute across a small mountain everyday on the way to work. Those fears have been put to rest and the cvt helps slow the car when going downhill. Very smooth ride and currently averaging 27 mpg.

Great Car Great Price
By PFC Mendoza on 03/01/09 23:50 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm in the army so I travel alot and the Nissan altima is the perfect car for me. It's great on gas and it has plenty of room for me and my family. Its a smooth ride and its very quiet for being a 4 cylinder. I have had no problems with it and I love all the features.

Great Car
By ddemlong on 02/21/09 16:49 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was out looking for a new family car after selling my sports car from my little girl being born. I looked at several other brands but also at the Sentra. I found the Altima to be big enough on the inside for the large rear facing car seat we had trouble fitting in other vehicles. The steering response on the vehicle is great, I get an average of combined 26 mpg. The car feels peppy for the 4cyl and the CVT is very smooth. Interior materials seem of good quality and buttons and knobs are conveniently placed. Standard all disc brakes and ABS is a nice feature and the safety features cant be beat. Great 5 star safety ratings. Its the highest in its class. I also really like the exterior looks.

So Far So Great...
By Nando9 on 02/16/09 07:14 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car two days ago. I am a believer in waiting to give a review until a full month or two has passed, as you can't understand a car fully in a couple of days. I will update my review to include whatever needs to be updated at that time. So far I love the car. It looks great both interior and exterior and more importantly, it runs GREAT! The CVT is weird at first but is actually pretty neat. It is one factor that gives this car great mpg. The push to start is another neat perk. The car rides smooth, runs very quiet, and has a good load of features fro the price. The dealer tried the usual tricks to rip me off, but I was able to hold off and get what I feel is a v good deal

Great first impression
By Mcwinward on 02/01/09 15:05 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased 2009 2.5S w/ SL package and I must say I'm impressed with the acceleration of the 4cylinder engine. CVT is neat but keep waiting for the final shift into 5th. Very cool!!! Looked at equally optioned Camry and Accord. We were set to purchase Accord until driving the Altima. Only had for 2 days now. Will update after a month.

Cheap, Fast, Cool
By Josh on 01/07/09 09:02 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car has good acceleration, and the CVT is nice. At cruising speeds, if you need to pass somebody the power is always there. The one thing that I found very odd: there is no radio in the base version? Dealer had to install one for me. Car looks good (minus the wheel covers... I don't get that either). Engine noise is present, but it's a 4 cyl so its expected. Push button start is cool. Display is cool. Overall it's a nice ride for the money.

Very Pleased with the Altima
By ghowe3 on 01/05/09 10:53 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just leased a fully loaded Altima (except for navigation) after leasing a 530i. Not as bad as a drop off in car as I thought. The Altima is sporty, quick on the highway and gets excellent gas mileage. The interior is roomy and sporty with a big advantage over the BMW - there is much more storage space and cup holders.

Death Trap
By Guardian on 01/02/09 00:38 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Its been back to the dealer too many times, have owned the car around a month - what a headache! Twice today the passenger airbag light turned off with the passenger seated with seatbelt on. Whatever car you're getting, check out the NHTSA website for safety complaints. Its a bumpy ride, I guess the price you pay for more performance. The CVT is good, as is the low end torque. Attention to detail and quality are a couple of levels below Camry & Honda.

Liking My Altima
By Farkles on 12/29/08 00:11 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am leasing an '09 after my '94 Camry finally broke down. I looked at Camry, the Aura and a slightly used Milan, but the Altima was more fun to drive, with lots of interior space and a more eye catching exterior. My Altima has been problem free and enjoyable from day one. It handles well, has easy controls, and gives some refinement along with fun.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*