2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
less impressed all the time
By olddad on 05/17/09 23:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2009 Altima 2.5 S in March. I previously was driving a 1998 Honda Accord. I have only driven about 1200 miles in this car so far. Fuel economy around town is about the same as my accord. I like driving this car around town. I don't think it compares to the Accord on the highway. The Accord drove itself, this car, I have to steer too much. I don't care for the way the Altima handles on the open road.

Lot of Bang for the Buck
By kinarow1 on 05/11/09 17:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Why spend $10K more for a BMW, Audi, or Acura? This has most of the amenities of the high end luxury brands at a huge savings. Surprisingly quiet, good enough power, reasonably nice stereo. Sharp looking car.

Fun family car
By phillygm on 05/05/09 13:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Got it loaded minus nav. Only owned the car for a week with almost 200 on the clock. The ride is wonderful and the power is exceptional. It feels very athletic yet has the capabilities for a family car that I was looking for. I rated it slightly lower on build and reliability because I already have a squeak by the back seat and a strange clank in the engine compartment by the driver's side firewall. Almost sounds like some spring mechanism resetting. It only does it after each start up after cooling down when you are just starting to drive off. Very strange.

Best for the money
By royboy41 on 05/02/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my vehicle for 1000 miles now and I am very happy with it. I looked at a variety of cars: used Acura TL, new Acura TSX, Mazda 3 (2010) and a Ford Edge. The Altima SL CVT with Bose is very comparable to the TSX but has a better body style and was thousands cheaper. The voice activation blue-tooth phone is very very cool! Wish the 2.5 had a few more horses for when the car has 4 passengers, but it is sufficient. You can always step up to the 3.5 if needed for a couple grand. It also fits 5 passengers very comfortably.

Hard to Please Happy Driver
By jmbduke on 04/26/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted to wait until the I had some time with the car before I gave my review. All i can say is that I really enjoy driving this car. The engine is sweet and quite responsive around town and on the highway. The gas mileage is where I though it would be (average 26 in mixed driving) and it has been increasing with each tank. No car is perfect, but the SL has all the features I was looking for at a price that did't leave me car poor at the end of the month. I test drove all the competition...Fusion, Accord, Camry, Malibu, Mazda6....and I kept coming back to the Altima. I'm glad I did.

THE ULTIMATE ALTIMA YET....
By CAR KZ on 04/24/09 17:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

well let me start by writing I sold my 2008 Toyota Avalon touring pkg for this car. this is one comfertable, fun to drive, well equiped, FUEL EFFCIENT, FAST.....etc and the list goes on and on and on... i've owened this car from march/2009 and until today i still look forward driving it. the CVT trany it is the best invention yet that nissan used in their cars. if you ask me about pros and cons all I can say is PROs... PROs. i was a toyota guy for the past 10 years. I tried hondas and more toyotas but didn't like them. i'm so glad/happy that i bought a nissan it is well build inside and outside.the only think that I had to get used to "WHICH IS NOT A BAD THINK" is CVT trany.

Well worth the little extra in price
By Zach on 04/17/09 06:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased this car for my wife, we researched and test drove the Camry, Fusion, and Mazda6 as well but selected the Altima. It has what we felt was the best finishing details/trim and was sportier than the Camry and Fussion. The Mazda6 was a close 2nd place but our local dealer didn't have much of a selection. We have owned Mazda 626 and a Camry in the past and really like both of them, but the Altima just fit our needs better this time. Probably a little more in price when equipped comparably, but worth the extra $$. We love it so far.

Don't buy if you use for travel
By Uncomfortable on 04/10/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took our new Altima SL on its first out of town trip. Very uncomfortable passenger seating, especially the poorly designed front passenger seat. The seat is only 8" from the floor, and seat dimensions are too small for someone over 5'10". Unfortunately, we spent too much time worrying about engine performance and options, and the test drive was not long enough to focus on this serious problem. We bought this for in town driving (which is fine), and for some out of town trips. It is physically painful to ride more than an hour. Very disappointed -- wish we had stayed with a slightly less responsive, and a little more boring Accord or Camry that we considered.

Couldnt' be Happier
By NPD on 04/05/09 14:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

To say that I am happy with my Nissan Altima would be an understatement. This vehicle replaced a 2006 Murano. It has everything I could want... and more. My car comes with Bluetooth, which is easy to use and it actually understands me! I don't have the optional Navigation system, but there is a convenient compartment with electrical to plug in my portable Nuvi. My Altima only has 4 cylinders, but I have no problem with acceleration onto the expressway. My only regret is that I am leasing. If I had known how happy I would be, I would have bought it.

happy with my first car
By nursebarbie on 03/22/09 22:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first car, so far 900 miles/3 mo. I live in the city. It is fun to drive in the city and on the highway. I don't know if this is my doing or not, but my breaks are already squeaking (?!) Breaking is not as tight as I would like but steering and maneuvering is fun, esp. for its size. Engine is loud but it's not a bad thing in my opinion. It's pretty easy to parallel park. Center console is nicely set up (and BOSE rocksss) but knobs do seem a little cheap. Back seat is smaller than other cars in its class. Trunk is huge. Sharp car for young people and/or those who want an affordable fun car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan in NJ is:

$217 per month*