Used 2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Awsome,no problems
By Fartell Cluggins

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Idk what people are saying about charging issues, mines fine and I love the car. Leather, sunroof, bose, dial climate control (as was my 96.5 regal gs but at least nissan caught up) no problems, stiff,sporty suspension was a pleasant surprise,

New Car Nightmare
By JulieQ

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Since owning this car the following has taken place - both tail lights had to be replaced, carpet replaced, door seal replaced, defective sunroof wind deflector replaced, sunroof drain clogged & caused excessive moisture damage, which resulted in having part of headliner glued back in place and interior musty smell, trunk seals not installed correctly which caused the trunk lid to rub grooves into the bumper, hood had to be adjusted to fix large gaps, console became loose driver's side window seals have gaps, sometimes car idles so loudly it sounds like a diesel. I could go on. In April of 2010, I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs. Today, they called as said the problems are normal.

I love how it handles. It's a smooth ride. The gas mileage is incredible.

Automatic setting for passenger seat. Memory setting for driver seat. Fix the idle noise.

Good 4 Dr. Sedan Choice!
By ncgent

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned this car for just over 1 month, and I know I made the right choice. I had 23 choices: Accord, Camry or an Altima. I was looking at the 6 cyl. versions of these sedans. Nissan came through in quality of the interior over the Camry. The Honda had more road noise than the others. The Nissan was the most comfortable for me (6'1", 200#). The handling was superior in the Altima - it felt most in touch with the road. I thought I would not like the transmission, but I LOVE the CVT. No harsh shifting points. The CVT does make a noise when accelerate or shutting the engine down like a jet engine. The 10 year CVT warranty assured me it is ok. I do not hesitate to recommend it.

BOSE, Bluetooth, heated seats, CVT, power there when needed w/3.5 motor.

Add electric passenger seat.

A winner
By elvtars

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm what you could consider a hesitant buyer, someone who may spend a year researching and test driving vehicles before committing to buy. As a long- time Honda owner (I still own an Odyssey), the Accord was my initial favorite, but I've researched and test drove most of the competition as well. These are all excellent cars. While I cannot claim that the Altima is the better car, it had enough features I liked to win me over. I owned it for almost 3 months now and I am still excited every morning when I get into it. Since the Accord was my initial choice, I'm listing below the features of the Altima that won me over. What I liked in the competition is listed as suggested improvements.

Sporty handling, very smooth CVT, powerful 270 HP V6 engine, quiet interior, stylish yet friendly interior design, simple, easy to use central column controls, premium Bose stereo, included Bluetooth connectivity, smart key system, auto headlights, trip computer, comfortable seats, rear vents

Use regular fuel instead of premium, improve fuel mileage. Ride can be on the harsh side sometimes. Add power passenger seat, memory seats and mirrors, auto-dimming side mirrors. XM satellite radio should allow station presets and should operate from the steering wheel. Better exterior styling .

Awesome Car!
By Financial Advisor

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just came off my second Acura TL lease and very pleased with the move to purchase the Altima. Very smooth, comfortable ride. Fun to drive around town. Smart key is much cooler than I thought it would be. Love the transmission.

CVT Transmission, Comfortable Leather Seats, Sat Radio, Bluetooth, Smart Key, ipod adapter, cupholders

memory drivers seat, better standard warranty, sirius as an alternative to xm sat radio