Used 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Motor Blew Now Transmission has gone out P.O.S.
By Jeff Moore

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Motor Blew Now Transmission has gone out! Had this 2009 Nissan less than two months and had to replace the motor and the day after that the transmission has gone out called Nissan and their wonderful extended warranty is out by 4000 miles gave me a case # and said I would HAVE TO TAKE IT TO A NISSAN DEALER to get it diagnosed and pay for it myself and then call them back with repair cost from the DEALER SHIP! Now how do you think that will go? Less than 2 months motor and Trans.!!! Well I will never own or buy anything from Nissan again! I have a real nice looking piece of crap setting in my drive way that I have been out thousands of dollars on and only drove less than two months!! I plan on doing some free advertising for Nissan for as long as I live and will advise anyone and everyone I know to never ever buy any Nissan product! Very unhappy very disappointed in this car!

Great product
By Lhud

great car
By stephen hayward

serviced every 3000 t0 4000 miles all original equipment including tires

Don't buy!
By Brian Hertling

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well here it goes...I don't complain much, but Ive had it with my 2009 Nissan Altima. The steering lock column has failed on me, leaving the vehicle dead in its tracks. After researching the issue, Ive learned that it has been and continues to be a major issue on this make and model. I reside in Minnesota and this happened at night with the temperature of -5 and wind-chills at -30 leaving my wife and I stranded 30 miles from home and 45 miles from the nearest Nissan dealer.
The $700 part fails to disengage from the steering column and therefore renders the car useless. After numerous conversations with Nissan consumer affairs I have yet to get an answer. Apparently they extended the warranty for this part, but go figure...It happened to me after the warranty expired.
In doing more research I have learned that unless a certified Nissan mechanic diagnosis the issue they(consumer affairs) cant or wont(not sure) do anything for me. Furthermore, the part is the size of a deck cards and riveted so I cant replace the part myself. So, long story short...$700 part, $300 in labor, $150 towing bill for a part that is essentially useless. What has me upset is that Nissan knowingly has not placed a recall on the part even though there have been thousands of issues directly related to this issue....Not to mention its on the National Highway Safety Dept list of hazards. There will never be another Nissan in my garage...ever!

good car prone to some repairs
By Bill schledwitz

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Takes about $100/year in miscellaneous repairs.