Used 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

It is what it is.
By Mr. Ed

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had mine six years. It has 160K on it. Other than what you would expect - a set of brakes and a serpentine belt. Not a single repair, just routine maintenance. It is a basic model, cheap interior, not overly comfortable but I knew that when I bought it. It is extremely reliable and it was not expensive. It has been paid off for years. I plan to drive it until it drops - I think that is going to be a long time. ..--About 2/3 of them are highway miles.

Motor Blew Now Transmission has gone out P.O.S.
By Jeff Moore

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Motor Blew Now Transmission has gone out! Had this 2009 Nissan less than two months and had to replace the motor and the day after that the transmission has gone out called Nissan and their wonderful extended warranty is out by 4000 miles gave me a case # and said I would HAVE TO TAKE IT TO A NISSAN DEALER to get it diagnosed and pay for it myself and then call them back with repair cost from the DEALER SHIP! Now how do you think that will go? Less than 2 months motor and Trans.!!! Well I will never own or buy anything from Nissan again! I have a real nice looking piece of crap setting in my drive way that I have been out thousands of dollars on and only drove less than two months!! I plan on doing some free advertising for Nissan for as long as I live and will advise anyone and everyone I know to never ever buy any Nissan product! Very unhappy very disappointed in this car!

2009 Nissan Altima Poor Quality Interior
By Michael

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2009 Altima with 25000 miles and the dashboard is melting. Nissan refuses to replace it. They have poor customer service. The regional manager I was speaking to hung up on me. Poor quality, Buy a Toyota it’s a better car. Look into the class actions law suite regarding melting dash board and the concerns around safety.

Nissan refused to replace mine because it is out of warranty. They are currently involved in a Class Action suit that goes to trial this summer. This is not an isolated problem. There are many reports of the 2008 and 2009 years with this issue. It is truly a safety problem. The dash gets so shiny that when driving into the sun you cannot see. Nissan as well as the other Japanese auto makers are fully aware of the substandard dashboards. Toyota stepped up and extended the warranty on both the Toyota and Lexus brands. Nissan refuses to do anything unless they lose the class action suit and even then I fully expect them to drag their feet. The dealer I took my car to for the inspection wished me luck but basically said Nissan Corporate will do nothing to help you. They said they see the melting dash issue all the time here in South Florida. http://www.wftv.com/news/action-9/action-9-melting-dashboards-causing-safety-issues-for-drivers/155341084

Great product