2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
New Car Nightmare
By JulieQ on 08/06/10 18:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Since owning this car the following has taken place - both tail lights had to be replaced, carpet replaced, door seal replaced, defective sunroof wind deflector replaced, sunroof drain clogged & caused excessive moisture damage, which resulted in having part of headliner glued back in place and interior musty smell, trunk seals not installed correctly which caused the trunk lid to rub grooves into the bumper, hood had to be adjusted to fix large gaps, console became loose driver's side window seals have gaps, sometimes car idles so loudly it sounds like a diesel. I could go on. In April of 2010, I contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs. Today, they called as said the problems are normal.

Good 4 Dr. Sedan Choice!
By ncgent on 02/04/10 11:52 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned this car for just over 1 month, and I know I made the right choice. I had 23 choices: Accord, Camry or an Altima. I was looking at the 6 cyl. versions of these sedans. Nissan came through in quality of the interior over the Camry. The Honda had more road noise than the others. The Nissan was the most comfortable for me (6'1", 200#). The handling was superior in the Altima - it felt most in touch with the road. I thought I would not like the transmission, but I LOVE the CVT. No harsh shifting points. The CVT does make a noise when accelerate or shutting the engine down like a jet engine. The 10 year CVT warranty assured me it is ok. I do not hesitate to recommend it.

A winner
By elvtars on 07/18/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm what you could consider a hesitant buyer, someone who may spend a year researching and test driving vehicles before committing to buy. As a long- time Honda owner (I still own an Odyssey), the Accord was my initial favorite, but I've researched and test drove most of the competition as well. These are all excellent cars. While I cannot claim that the Altima is the better car, it had enough features I liked to win me over. I owned it for almost 3 months now and I am still excited every morning when I get into it. Since the Accord was my initial choice, I'm listing below the features of the Altima that won me over. What I liked in the competition is listed as suggested improvements.

Awesome Car!
By Financial Advisor on 06/26/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just came off my second Acura TL lease and very pleased with the move to purchase the Altima. Very smooth, comfortable ride. Fun to drive around town. Smart key is much cooler than I thought it would be. Love the transmission.

I Love It
By Brad on 12/18/08 21:24 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After test driving a 2.5 SL and a 3.5 SL, I had to get the 3.5 SL. To me, the small difference in price and sacrifice in gas mileage/premium gas were worth it. The engine has a lot of power (100hp more), sounds great, the car has a more solid feel, and is just tons more fun to drive! The black leather interior is very stylish and comfortable. So far nothing is rattling. The CVT and overall ride are very smooth. There are some quirks to the car, like if I press the Bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel hard, the horn beeps, and it feels like it is engine braking more than it should when I take my foot off the gas, but they don't bother me too much (yet).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$146 per month*