Used 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Nissan worst car I've ever purchased
By Gipson

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this 2009 Altima with 40,000 miles on it. Within a month the tps sensors went out. 600$ to repair. Less than 2years later those same sensors go out again another 600$ to repair. 4Years into the car the transmission is going bad and Nissan does not repair or even troubleshoot the transmission they only suggest replacing it when they feel it might b the issue. HONDA HERE I COME!!! I also have a 2003 honda that has 180,000 miles that I've had over 8years no issues at all with it.

Nice Altima
By heartbreaker

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this vehicle about 6 mos ago. Drive is smooth and has Great pick up speed! The comfort is great as well as the gas mileage. Just a great car for the price. However, there seems to be a knocking noise every time I start the car and take off--took it in and they say it is the brakes and or airbags. Hmmm is pretty loud, sounds like something is stuck. There sometimes is a noise coming from the back, not sure what it is. Over all the car is a good car. No other problems.

The exterior, acceleration

Less noises, sounds like things are loose.

Love my Altima
By FreezingD

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Driven 2600 miles so far. Car is very fun to drive (I have the 6M). Is getting 31-32mpg, I drive 70/30 hwy/ cty. Love the styling, front seats are comfortable. Not sure about the passenger comfort, no one has complained. Car is very steady at 75MPH. Great family car that I don't mind driving around by myself. Stereo is ok, nothing special. Great value for the money.

Push to start ignition. The way the key fob works. Fuel economy. Styling. Comfort. Value.

Don't like the suitcase-crushers in the trunk. Ford Fusion has the better design here. Throws on the stick shift are a little long, could be improved.

Have always owned Nissan...
By L. Virginia

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This new Altima is a very nice car. I sold a '96 that just wore out after 215000 miles. I always buy Nissan, as they are $2 to 5k cheaper than Toyota and the fit, finish and quality are comparable. I love this car and it is fun to drive. Love the Keyless entry and push button starter. Trunk is very nice. All around, I think this car, in Dark slate and charcoal interior looks very classy, and can compete with next model up lines.

The interior and exterior are beautiful. I look at those that bought entry-level BMW's for $35k and think this car is every bit as good, for $17k. Like the Aux input for the MP3 players. Good sounding audio system. CVT transmission is really fun to drive. Manual for fun, Auto for cruising. Buy.

Brakes are a bit funny feeling, they do require some distance for 4 wheel discs. Maybe some bigger rotors?. They need a slight improvement. The steering is a bit soft, but good.

THE ULTIMATE ALTIMA YET....
By CAR KZ

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

well let me start by writing I sold my 2008 Toyota Avalon touring pkg for this car. this is one comfertable, fun to drive, well equiped, FUEL EFFCIENT, FAST.....etc and the list goes on and on and on... i've owened this car from march/2009 and until today i still look forward driving it. the CVT trany it is the best invention yet that nissan used in their cars. if you ask me about pros and cons all I can say is PROs... PROs. i was a toyota guy for the past 10 years. I tried hondas and more toyotas but didn't like them. i'm so glad/happy that i bought a nissan it is well build inside and outside.the only think that I had to get used to "WHICH IS NOT A BAD THINK" is CVT trany.

CVT, style inside and outside, quite, roomy, well build and put together and don't let me forget the PUSH BOTTON i haven't took my keyes out of my pocket to open or start the car. and the list goes on and on...

NONE..... NONE..... NONE.....