Used 2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

6 years and still going strong
By barc2009

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So I've had my 2.5-SL for 6yrs and 57,000 miles now ... haven't had a single issue with it beyond routine maintenance stuff. It's been a great car ... was very happy with this purchase.

Great power, efficency, comfort and reliability for this segment.

Wished I'd opted for the technology package originally, but otherwise ... all good.

Nissan Sucks
By arifzaidi

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Let me just say that, one shall never buy Nissan. If you need your warrenty honored, you will have to spend more on your inspections and work around that Nissan will recommend before they agree to pay for it. I have Altima 2009 with bad transmission. Nissan support recommended 1800 worth of work around and it still has a problem and they are not honoring the warrenty. Nissan users, please lets get togather and sue Nissan. It shouldn't be selling these cars in USA because they are treating customers really bad.

EVerything is bad now!

Customer service, honor your words for warrenty instead of miling customers. You don't want to pay for warrenty until customer spends more on workarounds that you recommend. You have got to be ashamed of yourself.

Glad I bought it
By shelbydog9

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Nissan Altima new. I was looking for a new car and went to a local car show, where they had many cars of the type I was looking for (sedans). I’m 6’5” tall, my first concern was whether I fit or not. Either not enough head room or not enough leg room eliminated 90% of the cars. Price range, basic features, comfort narrowed it down to this car. I chose the bigger engine for more control and better handling. I have almost 60,000 miles on it now and I still love the car. I did have a problem with the front windshield cracking within the first month; they replaced it without any problem. This car has been well worth my investment.

I’m getting 20.5 miles per gallon (80% local, 20% highway), actually calculated from the first fill up I got. Head & leg room is great.

I don't like the look of the new 2015 models as much as my (and similar) year.

2009 Altima Hybrid--disappointed
By msginny

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really wanted to like this car. Even though it wasn't originally sold in the Midwest where I live, I had a dealer get one for me back in 2010. Over the weekend, my car stranded me with the infamous steering column issue. I couldn't get it started in the Mall parking lot...no prior warning lights, etc. Upon trying to start it, the red "key" light came on. Today they fixed it under the "extended warranty" which should've been a recall. The dealer did tell me the parts aren't always in stock, and some customers had to wait a month for a part and repair. Bad job, Nissan. The romance is over, and I'm kicking you to the curb.

Push button start Hybrid system (borrowed from Toyota Prius) Keyless entry Dual heating controls Traction control

Better recall policy and correspondence with owners Better tires--this car handled poorly in snow with OEM tires Better trim options on Hybrids

I love my 09 Nissan Altima
By sgtkeebler

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

very fun to drive around in, and my comfort level in this car is excellent!!! I added on 20% window tint and all the girls turn their heads to look at me. What can I say this car just feels right for me. My last car didn't feel right at all. The engine is very quiet, and it is a undercover powerhouse best 4cly engine I have ever had, even comes with dual exhaust. I don't understand all these bad reviews because I absolutely love the car and have had zero problems since I bought it (not to mention it was a rental before I got it). I got it at 33,668 miles for 14,147$$. I love this car if you are considering purchasing this car I would say this would be the most efficient car you can get.

the interior is very luxurious even for the base model, comes stock with aux port for my iPhone 5s, excellent heating and a/c, very fast once I step on the gas it is very responsive my head jerks back sometimes because i hit the gas to hard, nice breaking system, the cvt transmission is excellent when Im going up-hill I can't even tell because the car shifts into the best gear for hill climbing, perfect gas saver for a college student, stylish and mean looking, I could go on and on about the pros of this car. I love it very much.

when the engine is shut off, and I am just siting in the car I can hear the wind blowing, and dogs barking pretty well, but when I am driving noise is not there very quiet when driving. Thats the only "improvement" i can think of best car i have ever bought.