Used 2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2009 Nissan Altima Poor Quality Interior
By Michael

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2009 Altima with 25000 miles and the dashboard is melting. Nissan refuses to replace it. They have poor customer service. The regional manager I was speaking to hung up on me. Poor quality, Buy a Toyota it’s a better car. Look into the class actions law suite regarding melting dash board and the concerns around safety.

Nissan refused to replace mine because it is out of warranty. They are currently involved in a Class Action suit that goes to trial this summer. This is not an isolated problem. There are many reports of the 2008 and 2009 years with this issue. It is truly a safety problem. The dash gets so shiny that when driving into the sun you cannot see. Nissan as well as the other Japanese auto makers are fully aware of the substandard dashboards. Toyota stepped up and extended the warranty on both the Toyota and Lexus brands. Nissan refuses to do anything unless they lose the class action suit and even then I fully expect them to drag their feet. The dealer I took my car to for the inspection wished me luck but basically said Nissan Corporate will do nothing to help you. They said they see the melting dash issue all the time here in South Florida. http://www.wftv.com/news/action-9/action-9-melting-dashboards-causing-safety-issues-for-drivers/155341084

Great product
By Lhud

great car
By stephen hayward

serviced every 3000 t0 4000 miles all original equipment including tires

Awsome,no problems
By Fartell Cluggins

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Idk what people are saying about charging issues, mines fine and I love the car. Leather, sunroof, bose, dial climate control (as was my 96.5 regal gs but at least nissan caught up) no problems, stiff,sporty suspension was a pleasant surprise,

Don't buy!
By Brian Hertling

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well here it goes...I don't complain much, but Ive had it with my 2009 Nissan Altima. The steering lock column has failed on me, leaving the vehicle dead in its tracks. After researching the issue, Ive learned that it has been and continues to be a major issue on this make and model. I reside in Minnesota and this happened at night with the temperature of -5 and wind-chills at -30 leaving my wife and I stranded 30 miles from home and 45 miles from the nearest Nissan dealer.
The $700 part fails to disengage from the steering column and therefore renders the car useless. After numerous conversations with Nissan consumer affairs I have yet to get an answer. Apparently they extended the warranty for this part, but go figure...It happened to me after the warranty expired.
In doing more research I have learned that unless a certified Nissan mechanic diagnosis the issue they(consumer affairs) cant or wont(not sure) do anything for me. Furthermore, the part is the size of a deck cards and riveted so I cant replace the part myself. So, long story short...$700 part, $300 in labor, $150 towing bill for a part that is essentially useless. What has me upset is that Nissan knowingly has not placed a recall on the part even though there have been thousands of issues directly related to this issue....Not to mention its on the National Highway Safety Dept list of hazards. There will never be another Nissan in my garage...ever!