Fun to drive, and more
By BirdBrain on
2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I was a life-long GM'er but last year decided I had to do what's best for me than try to keep blindly supporting the domestics. I also needed better MPG yet retain some sportiness, as I spend most time commuting alone and need some fun driving. I researched hard and narrowed it to the (then) new Malibu, Mazda6 and Altima. The Camry was too blah & Accord a bit large and also vanilla. The Malibu was closest but still a bit mushy and was a brand new model. I have put over 30k miles on my SL and couldn't be happier still. CVT is great once you get used to how it works/sounds. Great handling too. Nice interior and controls, quik-down windows. Decent std stereo. GR8 sunroof
Favorite Features
CVT/2.5L - surprising power (needs RPMs) yet MPG on my mixed 60 mi daily round trip avgs 25+, CVT sometimes feels like I'm driving a manual; Styling - still get comments on it; Suspension - somewhat sporty but not harsh; Keyless entry/ign - more convenient than expected & cool!
Suggested Improvements
Traction control and heated outside mirrors should have been standard, not restricted only to luxe pkg (std in '10 I think); Engine sometimes a bit noisy, but it is a 4 cyl and working hard;