Coupe de Grace
By Coupe de Grace on
2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I wanted to buy the 2007 Altima SL sedan, but the coupe caught my eye and my imagination. I test drove it and I knew I had to have this car! The leather seats are very comfortable and the sound system is excellent. Handing at all speeds is precise without being overly sensitive, and the 2.5L engine is powerful (and economical) enough for me, having had a S 2004 2.5S Altima sedan. I cannot say enough about the Continental tires - they grip tenaciously in wet weather and are quiet. Trunk space is very limited so you may need to put stuff in the rear seat. Smaller folk should be able to access the rear seat, but adults will find it difficult to enter and exit. The rear visibility is limited.
Favorite Features
Excellent handling and steering, CVT transmission, interior and exterior styling, sound system with Bose speakers, and fuel economy.
Suggested Improvements
When the "keyless" fob is not in the vicinity of the vehicle, the doors should lock automatically. Trunk could be larger. Movable exterior heated mirrors on the 2.5L would have been nice.