Class with economy
By Polverizer on
2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
The Altima coupe has the best-looking backend of any car out there at any price. Look at it from the rear and a little to the side and its a joy to behold. The 4 cylinders get you up to speed without even trying. Back seat has more headroom (slightly) than the Scion tC and Civic coupe -- but a 6-footer's head might touch the rear window. Not sure about mileage. I'm still on the first tank, but it seems fairly decent. Front seats are very comfortable, with good driver's lumbar support. Driver's leg compartment is more comfortable than Civic coupe, where the parking hand brake bothered my knee, and more spacious than the Mazda 3 sedan that crowded my lower leg. A lot of quality for the money.
Favorite Features
The beautifully tapered trunk and overall exterior styling, driver's seat, powerful smooth 4-cylinder Nissan engine. Fit and finish is superb.
Suggested Improvements
I don't quite understand the allure of the push button starter as opposed to a key, but it works fine. Wish the front end had a more attractive design. Golf clubs fit in the trunk easily if you put the top of the bag with the clubheads in first and then the bottom of the bag. A bit more trunk space.