Been a great lease, deciding to purchase it or not
By tmac4718 on
2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Brand new lease on 08/13/2008, now has 36k miles. Have enjoyed the car so much I'm trying to decide whether to just buy it. If it was awd it would be a no brainer. Even with brand new Toyo all seasons this year it still stinks in the winter. Car is too light and can't keep the front tires from slipping entirely too much in the winter, drove my 4wd instead. Brakes have squealed the whole time, dealer says normal. And an odd loud ping upon startup when putting in reverse. Dealer can never reproduce the ping. Other than that great car. Other peoples tranny issues concern me but still has warranty
Favorite Features
Bose stereo, pushbutton start, I like the CVT for highway driving, gas mileage keeps getting better and better, seating position, steering wheel positions, seats(driver better than passenger), trunk space is huge, car is quiet, smooth, no road noise. Bluetooth and phone is better than my wifes MDX. 20 gallon gas tank is sweet!
Suggested Improvements
Brake squeal, beef up the steering feel(way to light), make the car a little bit heavier for freeway speeds and snow covered roads, make the brake and gas pedals not so sensitive. Passenger seat same as drivers.