2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Bad ride & suspension system

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Bad ride & suspension system
By Jerry on

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am really not happy with the ride of this vehicle, my driving is mostly in the city and the vehicle does not take the pot holes & various bumps that you find in most Cities. On the freeway the ride is very good. I had complained to Nissan Northern Regional in Canada and they referred me my dealership locally and they inspected the suspension system and said nothing was wrong with it that is how it was manufactured, well I sort of expected tho, to no avail! But on the more positive side the car is really a nice car, nice styling and the engine is a little noisy but runs good it is too bad that it's suspension is not adequate to give a more comfortable ride overall.

Yes, of course; the styling is stunning and alot of people eye ball my flaming red car as I drive by, my ego trip. Very fond of the CVT transmission and the 4 cylinder engine is really peppy get at least 30mpg on freeway but only 16mpg in the city (kind of disappointed with that).

Please (hope Nissan read's this) make improvements on the suspension ride, bigger trunk and do away with some of the blind spots (safety feature)oh I know some will say buy a bigger car or SUV, well I like the (2) dr coupe with- out a sports tuned suspension system.