Altima still needs some improvement
By Corolla_luva on
2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I bought the Altima 2 weeks ago and I don't know how to describe the feeling of looking at the 2008 Altima 3.5 SE (V-6!!). It's beyond great. But the problems are there, I can't ignore it. After a couple days of driving it, I found the suspension noise to be very loud and found it to be annoying (sounds like it's rusted metal, a "squeak" sound). Two, the build material or overall finish of the interior was made with cheap material. The 2 front side of the door also made a "squeak" noise when you pressed upon it or when the car turned and your leg/thigh leaned against it.
Favorite Features
Plenty of power! 270 hp, suspension and overall ride comfort is great. multi-function steering wheel is a plus. Smooth CVT is more than great. The rear seat space is big enough to fit 6ft tall guy. Good mpg for v-6.
Suggested Improvements
Gotta fix all the squeaking parts and improve the build material/quality. All the parts that I have fussed about is the noise (sunroof, suspension, door panel). If those parts were fixed, it would be a hell of a ride!