2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Absolutely LOVE it!

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Absolutely LOVE it!
By Chardoi on

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My occupation requires me to drive hundreds of miles a week and I wanted a reliable and economical "work tool." Stepping down from an 8-cyl BMW X5 for fuel economy, I must say that I am very pleased with the pep and gas mileage of my 2.5 S. As an audiophile, it is very out of character for me to settle for the factory (base) stereo. In doing so, I am pleasantly surprised at how nice is sounds. I'm sure the Bose may be a little better, but I doubt it's worth the extra moola. The car is quick for a 4-banger, agile, quiet at interstate speeds, and comfy. My wife is telling her friends "It's a miracle that he likes a 4-cyl car!" In a nutshell, I absolutely love it!

I love that at 6'2" and 225 pounds I fit in it comfortably. I love the standard stereo, smooth and quiet ride, and pep of the 4-cyl engine. The push button entry/start is fun and easy. I even like the "whhrrrr" as the CVT shuts down. My absolute favorite part is the money saved at the pump!

Move the aux input down into the console so I can close the door and hide my iPod and not have the wire sticking out of the dash. A rear wiper, 17" tires, and the upgraded side mirrors would be nice to have on my 2.5 S. I also wish it locked automatically. But love it even without the extras.