2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
What A Car!
By Roger on 01/10/08 20:18 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Once I have purchased a new vehicle, I have never taken a ride just to enjoy the car. Once I bought this car, I found myself taking a ride just for the sheer enjoyment! I purchased the SE 3.5 with the premium package. I have only owned this car for a week; however, this is (by far) the best car I have ever owned.

Great Car
By Craig C on 01/10/08 10:36 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima coupe is a great car. It is a very attractive car from all angles and the ride lives up to the looks. The 2.5 engine produces enough power for quick accelerations and passing on the highway. The interior is well thought out and the quality of materials used is top notch. With the premium package, I have the same features, Bluetooth, leather, heated seats, power driver seat, sunroof, steering wheel controls, Bose stereo system and XM radio that my friend has in his BMW 3 series which cost $20,000 more. The overall build quality is very good on the car both inside and out. The rear seats are not huge but are large enough for two adults to sit comfortably for shorter trips.

Disappointed, though not giving up on it
By heidi.alt on 12/19/07 18:20 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought coupe in August; have now had it 4 months. Ordered it in early Aug. & waited 7 weeks to take delivery. Unfortunately, it seems in their haste to meet early demand, production lines may not have been as fine-tuned as they should have been. In addition to various rattles & exterior seams that do not line up well, including the hood & trunk, I've already replaced the oil pan after an oil leak at the 3-month mark. As of the 4-mo mark, only 1300 miles on the car. Positives: beautiful interior, including intuitive instrument cluster, radio, climate control and comfortable seats; 6 airbags std; decent value for the $. Negatives: worse-than-anticipated fuel economy, big blind spot, tiny trunk.

2.5S Review
By Roksupastar on 12/14/07 14:55 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Power-Band is that of the 350Z. The 2.5 is smooth and has power throughout each gear. Granted, it doesn't have the horsepower of the 3.5, but it makes up for that in MPG. 175hp is plenty while city driving, and it performs excellent on the interstate. The styling speaks for itself, as it is a great looking coupe. Not very many cars today are in its class. Very well priced for what you receive.

Great car!!
By Dan on 12/10/07 12:32 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Got my coupe at the end of October after waiting over a month for it to be made in Japan. I wanted to have a specific configuration so I had to wait for it to be custom made and shipped over. It was worth the wait!!! It drives like a dream and looks like it is moving even when it's parked. The CVT is exactly as they advertise it. I drive in an area with a lot of hills and never feel the car shift. I suggest getting the SL package if possible as it adds many great features that really give it the feeling of a luxury car.

Excellent purchase
By Darryl on 11/28/07 06:30 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love everything about this car. It was an impulse buy for me but have no regrets. The moment I saw the car I knew I had to have it. The car drives very smoothly, and has some get up and go power. The gas mileage is remarkable!

Buy One!
By Keith on 11/27/07 21:00 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2003 Murano for the 08 Altima coupe with Premium and Technology packages. Drove Honda Accord, Civic, Camry; none compared. Much quieter, sportier, better features. Drives like a dream around corners and on fwy. Got MSRP out the door inc. Phantom recovery system. Added 6-yr. full extended warranty for $850. Love the Red exterior/tan interior combo. First tank of gas averaged 28 city/hwy. Sweet steering and CVT make it a dream to drive. Love the convenience of Intelligent Key, Bluetooth, and navigations system.

Super Coupe
By Joe on 11/16/07 21:04 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just purchased the coupe on 12 November, so far it is excellent. What a ride, smooth powerful and reliable. People stop and stare at the car, my friends all love it, the quality is awesome. Nissan outdid themselves with this one. I looked at a lot of cars and the first time I saw it, I was hooked. Drive it and you will buy it.

My thoughts
By lazywaste on 11/09/07 07:48 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is an awesome car, it rivals cars that cost 20-30,000 dollars more, trust me I drove them all. It needs a smoother ride and the driver's side blind spot to be fixed, in addition at 5'10" I feel as though I am too short for the car and as if I am below the sweet spot looking out. All told it's a great car and with a few minor adjustments it would be great, I'm very satisfied with it.

This is one awesome car!
By Jim from Maine on 11/06/07 12:18 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My super black 3.5 SE coupe is comfortable, great looking and most importantly, extremely fun to drive! I test drove a Lexus IS 250 the same day and there was no comparison. As a former Maxima owner, I have always been impressed by the quality and performance of Nissan cars and this coupe is no exception. It's quick, handles very well and turns heads. I haven't even let my wife drive it yet and I've had it a week!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.