Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best of my Nissans
By Great Car

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned several Nissans most of them being various models of the Z car. I find this car to drive and handle better than all of them. I fell in love with this car the first time that I saw it and purchased the same day eventually driving it from Arizona to Texas. It really performed well and was very comfortable in driving cross country.

Dashboard illumination,controls on the steering wheel really caught my eye.Leg room was very good and the styling was excellent.

More variety in colors and interior. Larger tires and better fuel economy.Having automatic door locks would be a welcomed asset.

Beware of heater
By BEWARE OF HEATER

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When you put the heater on the foot only position the heat comes out mainly from the windshield defrost and not the feet. If you put the heat on the foot/defrost position it performs the exact same function. My problem is I'm 4"10 and the defrost blows right in my face which is gagging me. My husband is 6" 1 and it dries out his contacts. I have contacted 3 dealers and the manufacturer who say that is the way the car is made. My point is why have two buttons if they both perform the exact same function. No one can give me an answer to that so I'm stuck with this horrible heater blowing in my face. Also the face vents tilt but do not close so you have air hitting you from there too!!

Keyless ignition, the way the car looks from behind with the spaceship tail lights. The smooth fast way it drives.

Have the heater come out on just the feet when you push the foot only button. Have the option of totally closing vents. Have a reminder beep when you leave the sun roof open. More space under the car seats. The sunshield on the windshield blocks the drivers view for tall people. Trunk wider.

Perfection in a car!
By Perfection

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is so perfect. It's beautiful, fast and not everyone drives one! The only thing I was unhappy about is no spoiler and no vent visors. The coupe is amazing and everything I could ask for in a car. The system is great too!

Push start, Intelligent Key, Bose system, leather interior (very classy!), rearview dimming mirror, sunroof (very nice!), steering wheel with all the fun buttons, my lights... everything

SPOILER! It is a coupe, I want a spoiler.

Class with economy
By Polverizer

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima coupe has the best-looking backend of any car out there at any price. Look at it from the rear and a little to the side and its a joy to behold. The 4 cylinders get you up to speed without even trying. Back seat has more headroom (slightly) than the Scion tC and Civic coupe -- but a 6-footer's head might touch the rear window. Not sure about mileage. I'm still on the first tank, but it seems fairly decent. Front seats are very comfortable, with good driver's lumbar support. Driver's leg compartment is more comfortable than Civic coupe, where the parking hand brake bothered my knee, and more spacious than the Mazda 3 sedan that crowded my lower leg. A lot of quality for the money.

The beautifully tapered trunk and overall exterior styling, driver's seat, powerful smooth 4-cylinder Nissan engine. Fit and finish is superb.

I don't quite understand the allure of the push button starter as opposed to a key, but it works fine. Wish the front end had a more attractive design. Golf clubs fit in the trunk easily if you put the top of the bag with the clubheads in first and then the bottom of the bag. A bit more trunk space.

Fun Car to Drive.
By Michael

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Although I do have some cons but overall experience has been great. My cons are the option package by Nissan, poorly put together. When changing lanes I do experience some blind spots. At last the interior design could be a bit better. Other then those, I would recommend this car to anyone.

The V6 engine and the 6speed M transmission are my favorite features.

Better optional package. Interior design could use some improvements.