Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Best Car I Ever HAd
By Bam Bam

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car about two years ago and it is still fun to drive. The suspension is sporty and it really shocks people at the "get up and go" it has. I put on an nismo exhaust and cold air intake and it sounds aggressive and just down right mean. Plus it really helps with the mpg, i love the keyless entry and the push button start. I would 100% advice people to look in to this car. I looked at the camry and accord i just didn't feel the same amount of excitement i do from my altima. All around great car

Favorite Features

to many to mention

Suggested Improvements

none

2.5SL package
By Mr. Patel

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 08 Altime from my previews experience with a 03 Altima. I put 150,000 on my 03 Altima without any problem, so i bought an 08 Altima. 08 Altima is a great product, but the CVT transmission is horrible. I had so many problems while driving in the city from 40 to 50 mph. Also, the mic with blue-tooth feature is terrible. When you on the phone with another person, they cant hear you. Need better mic. Nissan needs to bring back their traditional transmission or they will lose alot of customers. I trade- in my Altima for a pre-owned Lexus.

Favorite Features

Fun car, excellent design

Suggested Improvements

Nissan bring back our old transmission!

Best-in-Class from Drvr's point of View
By Barmalej

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been driving this car for 2 yrs. Seriously compared to similar in class before I got into this one. Camry/Accord/Malibu/Aura, even BMW3 feel less comfortable (Driver's). Handling is amazing, Sporty suspension makes it feel just Right! //Concerns. 1st:= still can't get used to how CVT behaves when downshifting using TipTronic(manual mode):going from 4th to 3d (*those are not actual gears on CVT!) makes the car jerk a bit, but @ approx.50-60km/hr is does not happen, yet it's not always easy to catch that moment. 2nd:= Fuel economy [city] a bit worse than advertised: My Min 8.7L/100km (Summer), Max 10.3L/100km (Winter). The Longest drive on 1 tank = 810 km (-not bad!;)

Favorite Features

Handling, Comfort, SpeedUp(thanks to CVT!) - I can pretty much do any 6cyl car on the 1st 100m!:)), Visibility, TipTronic, spacious trunk, pretty good (& Loud enough:))) Stereo even for the standard model, Heated Seats(Fabric!).

Like Car But Has An Incurable Bug
By Don

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I Generally like the car especially the gas mileage. Plenty of interior room, and trunk space. The only negative seems to be paring of the CVT transmission with a 4-cyl. engine. When starting uphill from a stop, particularly w/the A/C on, it feels like the engine is missing or that it is having difficulty shifting gears. I think it is the latter. I've taken it to the dealership 3 times, and they cannot find anything wrong and suggested I use a higher octane gas. That did not work (and defeats the purpose of buying a 4-cyl.). So, I use the shift control in the "manual" mode when going up a hill from a stop and do not experience the "missing" feeling.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage; body style; large trunk

Suggested Improvements

More lower lumbar support in the front seats; inside temperature control that will "set" the temp., so that one does not have to continually "fritz" with the temp. control knob.

2008 Altima 2.5SL 2year and 21k miles
By SmallGiant

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall so far My Altima has been a great car and a great value, 2 years old and i still get compliments on it daily, the car is great in the city and smooth on the highway. but by no means is it a performance car its not too much that i dont like about it, but the 2.5 engine is loud during acceleration, and at high speeds(80+) the car feel like it is easily swayed by the wind. and in the summer the leather is unusually hot, it seems to hold the heat in even after the a/c has been blasting for a while, and some of the interior fittings feel cheap, but none of these are nothing you cant live with, and it would not change my mind from having to make the purchase all over again.

Favorite Features

ikey keyless entry and start, once u have this feature you'll never be able to live with out it, premium car features without the price. Fuel economy is good, even tho i barely ever hit what was quoted on the window sticker. dual exhaust

Suggested Improvements

the loud 2.5engine is very annoying, the CVT may be good for smooth shifting and fuel economy, but a kills the fun to drive factor, they should offer ventilated seats because the leather is hot! offer a remote start. and automatic window roll up option on the ikey