2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Disappointed
By Jim Campbell on 01/24/09 22:01 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

While I am very impressed w/ the quality of construction, I remain disappointed w/ the performance of the vehicle. The best mpg I have achieved is 30 mpg when I first bought the car, but this has decreased to around 25 mpg, even on highway driving. The most disturbing aspect of driving my Altima though is the jerky performance of the engine/variable speed transmission. In suburban driving the engine stumbles along until the speed of 40 mph is reached. I can only describe its performance as rough, depending on the rpm modulated by the transmission. When descending hills the transmissions gears down, rather than coast for increased fuel efficiency. My last purchase of a cvt.

Still Lovin' It! Whoosh on!
By Raven on 01/23/09 15:19 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the 3.5 SE 10 weeks ago -- still a great ride! Do see the tire light when it gets cold but that seems to resolve when weather warms up again. Otherwise, no problems yet. Recommend you spring for the compass mirror with integrated garage opener -- available as an add-on from dealer.

Love This Car
By romegirl on 01/12/09 08:47 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my second Altima. I had an 1998 and it was a great car. I love my new 2008 Altima. Beautiful styling and handles great. Very good gas mileage and comfortable since I commute 120 miles round-trip. Highly recommend. I finally got the color of car that I wanted (Sonoma Sunset - Ruby Red), heated leather seats, and sunroof!

Having Problems!!!
By Candace on 01/06/09 19:41 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased new 11/2007, after 2 months, started hearing a roaring noise in the front tires, took it to the dealership, told it was a problem with the tire, no offer to replace. Noise increasingly became louder and louder. I took back, at that point they found 2 bad wheel bearings, they replaced bearings. I've had several problems with the car and Nissan isn't very cooperative. This is the last Nissan I'll ever buy - back to Toyota again!

GREAT CAR
By KARL on 01/05/09 18:05 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car is very comfortable and roomy. I have owned the car for a year now. Handling, brakes, acceleration are excellent. Parking takes a bit of prep because it is longer than the VW I used to drive. I would give this car a 9/10 rating.

My two cents
By Jennifer on 01/03/09 09:58 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I think the Altima is a good quality product and you get a lot of car for the money; however, I have some issues with it. Most importantly, the exterior of the car crinkles very easily (per auto body mechanic). I had a plastic empty shopping car 3 inches away from the car. It rolled into my car and made a ding. I hope I never get into an accident! I also had a problem with my TPMS light malfunctioning. Also, there is a terrible blind spot when you back up from parking spaces. My sister-in-law has the same problem with her Altima. It's either the back of the car is too high or it's the fact there isn't a good visual field from inside the car. not enough window. Very dangerous.

Love it - Hate It
By Darlene on 12/30/08 05:18 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Since I bought this car in April and the sun was shining in upstate NY that day, how it would handle in the snow and ice was the last thing on my mind. Well, I found out. Not good going up or down hills and since I live in a valley, the only way to get to work is UP. I've had some scary times with it already. I'm in search of a really good gripping tires for the front. I fell in love with the car style (love the rear), the leather, the moon roof, etc. The keyless thing was supposed to be a selling point, but I wouldn't buy another one, I've walked away forgetting to shut the car off! I find I'm losing my keys more often too, since you don't have to have them close by.

Very Nice Car
By 2cool4you on 12/29/08 14:27 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a car in January of '08. I love it and everything about it! I had to have the service department do a couple of things to it, like brakes and power seat was shifting every time I take a turn, Nissan issued a service kit for that, ever since it's been a pleasure. I would recommend this car to anybody who tries to decide between Toyota, Honda, etc. Go with Nissan and you will not regret it! My next car is new Maxima!

Good if you don't get snow!
By Aimee on 12/23/08 05:39 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the worst car I have ever driven in the snow. I live in Vermont and I would trade for my Stratus any day. It is not front heavy and is bad in snow. The rear window defogger is insufficient in cold weather, the car creeks when it has ice on it. The rear lights get foggy, I already had one replaced. The car is fun to drive, as long as there is no snow. The CVT is amazing on the highway. Excellent for driving in the city. The dual exhaust looks great. Great brakes, four wheel disc. And the intelligence key is fantastic...except I never know where my keys are to unlock the house because I never need to take them out for my car!

Quite good
By VS on 12/15/08 14:34 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the car for 6 months now. A good family workhorse, with a style.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.