Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

It's Fun to Drive!
By Grandpa

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Forget that it has a backseat, it'll never get used, even if you wanted to. Backing up is helped with a back up monitoring system. Besides that, it's a blast to drive and gets good gas mileage.

Driving position and instrumentation, plus the exterior is beautiful!

Standard factory back up monitoring system and better rear seat access.

An eye-catcher... Definitely
By Michael the Psycho

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I will have to say this car is extremely smooth to drive. I have driven a few cars before but the acceleration on this vehicle just blows everything else out of the water (and I only got the 2.5S!). In fact, if I don't pay close attention, the majority of my drives are at 20 over the speed limit. If you want a beautiful, sporty car with the price tag of a mainstream car, this is most likely it. I got to say though, the back seats are really not comfortable. I've seen some reviews say the rear space being mediocre in comfort; I think that's an understatement. My roommate's children (both under 10) can barely fit but I guess the target demographic of this car was never for "family" passengers.

The exterior design. The color. The things that come with the convenience package. Smart key (talk about renovating ideas!). Dashboard design is just enticing for the eye. Overall front seat design is just superb! The storage spaces and glove compartment are just huge. Prepare to amaze people.

The rear field of view is terrible. Don't get this car if you have to back up often in tight spaces. I actually touched bumpers with a pickup truck (of course, bad driving on my part) being influenced by the lack of visibility. The body did not get damaged though!! Very strong Japanese manufacturing!

Awesome Car for the money
By Ben

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My fiance and I love our coupe. I feel it's the best bang for your buck at this price range. Between performance, styling, and mpg it really is a great all around car.

Push button start. Center console holds our Magellan perfectly so we don't have that conspicuous suction cup on the windshield.

I wish the power seats that come with the convenience package had memory.

Best car I've ever owned
By Jason

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car. I think that the best way to describe just how great this car is to tell you what my dad said. He just bought the new Lexus sports car and he says that if he could do it all over again he would have gotten the 08 Altima Coupe because it drives almost as well and looks sharper on the outside, is more comfortable, and when you factor in that it is half the price it's a no brainer.

Push button start, keyless entry and trunk, Bose/XM.

Add in seats that can be cooled as well as heated, because the black leather gets really hot in the summer.

Great Buy
By GRJD

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

3 months and 8,000 miles. I really love the car. Great sporty fun on the back roads; very long-legged and comfortable on the freeway. Originally looked at the manual, but read up on the CVT, tested it, and I love it: the powerful and smooth acceleration is hard to describe. Manual-mode is great fun too. A real head-turner. You don't see many coupes on the road, and I've had LOTS of compliments on it (mine's black). For the money, I don't know how you can beat the power, handling, and styling. For me this car is a good mix: a sporty "driver's car", but still comfortable and practical for the daily commute (especially the front-wheel drive for winter).

1) Overall power/performance. 2) Exterior styling. 3) Driver's seating comfort - the seat and steering wheel tilt/telescope give you unlimited options. 4) BlueTooth. 5) Keyless/pushbutton system. 6) Bose system/XM.

The suspension is a little more harsh than it needs to be for the everyday driver. Could use more trunk space.