Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Fantastic car for the money
By TON10ESR

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I leased my 2008 Nissan Altima 3 years ago and it still runs like a champ! I never had any major or minor problems with it besides a minor recall that the dealer took care of for me. It is a great car with push button start, CVT Automatic transmission that shifts great, and has a great ride. I just wish Nissan's options weren't so expensive, but otherwise it's a very well made car and I would recommend it to anyone:).

Push button start(no need for keys, just have them in your pocket) CVT transmission

more cost efficient options(sunroof, leather etc).

Nice look but poor build quality
By akabook

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife loves the look of the car and that's why we bought it. But the build quality of the car is not good: the car is light, the steel sheet feel cheap and thin. Our doors have already collected a lot of dents and dings. I am a little worried how long this car can actually last. Engine and CVT so far so good. The automatic windows can be inconvenient. You have to start your engine to be able to operate your windows.

appearance.

Thicker and heavier. Let me operate my windows without starting the engine!

CVT Performance Needs Attention
By Shelly

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned this vehicle for over 2 years. Love everything BUT the CVT Transmission! It hesitates upon acceleration, it jerks (like a manual transmission that needs shifted) at 35-40 mph. To me...it's EMBARRASSING, I feel like I am driving a sub par vehicle when I have a passenger with me. Hello Nissan, 35-40 miles an hour in the city is the speed limit! Please, please fix this issue...it is making me CRAZY! Love the sportier feel over my previous Camry, but with Nissan aware of this issue and not having a fix for it yet is just ridiculous. Thank goodness this car is going to be passed down to my 16 year old soon so I can get another vehicle.

Push button start, sporty feel, exterior look.

Fix for CVT Transmission issue.

Great car
By mike

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a very high quality car, you can tell they spent money on these, I can see by owning this car Nissan takes great pride in building and designing their cars. All the parts from the brake rotors to the windshield wipers are top notch. The trans alone is worth the price of admission. What a car.

everything, especially the transmission

the base interior is a little bland

Solid Car
By jay2008

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have this car for almost 2 years without any issues at all, only regular oil changes. Wife loves the car and feels solid on the highway as well as great mpg 30+. Very happy with the purchase and will look at Nissan again for my next car.

CVT, keyless entry, push start, lots of added standard features you don't get with the other imports.

Ride can be a little stiff at times depending on the road surface.