Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Traded it for $16k
By Scott

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Owned my Altima for 2 years. Proved to be reliable. I got 26 mpg mixed city/hwy driving (mostly commuting through the city). Like others have said, what I disliked were the seats. I'm 6'5" and I didn't find it comfortable, so I traded it in. I got 16k on my trade for the SL w/leather at 24k mi. Pretty nice car, fun to drive, reliable, not ugly, decent stereo, great transmission, comfortable enough suspension, etc.

Steering wheel controls. Easy fold down seats. Easy child seat anchors. Nice dashboard layout.

Better headroom for tall drivers. More comfortable seats. Power seat for passenger. Automatic window for passenger.

Worst car we ever owned
By hubiedo

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

It is terribly uncomfortable on long trips as the seats do not have a lower back support. Poor interior design with the parking brake so close to the brake. We continue to have problems with the front brakes (replaced 2x) and shimmy when applied. The motor surges when accelerating from a stop. Rear antenna or wiring continually is causing bad radio reception and cd playing to skip on the cd's. We believe it is the wiring connection and have replaced the cd player 2x. Local radio stations will not play more than 15 miles from town.

none

parking brake moved away from brake pedal toward the left foot panel. better seat design.

Very good
By Student

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I got 08 Blck Nissan Altima 3.5SE for my 17th birthday and still driving now. The CVT is terrific, i think it saves more gas than other 6-speed transmission cars. my battery died last month and my dealer covered half of the price. its also good on snow too. i test drove Camry and Accord, but Altima was the best in design and speed, because they dont have pish button and keyless.

Keyless entry, Push button start, Sporty design, Comfortable seats, roomy back seats, acceleration, large trunk. Fun to drive.

so far none.

Frustrated with Nissan headquarters
By Frustrated

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car! This is the first Nissan that I own. I waited about 4 years to get this car and now that I have, the radio went out. Now, with me preferring the factory look, I asked Nissan to back me up with this, obviously, its a defect. Nissan made me wait 3 weeks and then finally told me that they would not replace or even discount a new radio. I think this is crappy since the car is a 2008. This will definitely be the last Nissan that I own, not for the product but for the service! It seems like they would want to back up their products but once you purchase, its in your hands!

2 years old & not happy
By moorem1

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had owned a Maxima previously, that's why went back to Nissan. Not as pleased this time. Before 2 yrs old battery went dead. Replacement on stock battery was 50%. After market battery would have been 100%. Since new battery the brake light (indicating emergency brake is on) comes on randomly. Also the slip light & VDC light come on randomly. Seems to be sluggish at times.

Acceleration, heated seats, large trunk, back up camera rocks! Keyless entry, push button start.

Improved hands free phone sound. People I called could barely hear me & heard mostly road noise. Ipod intergration on steering wheel, mute for sound system when using phone, hand emergency brake, power passenger seat w/ lumbar support.