Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Manual transmission issue
By richard keyser

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I find the interior to be rather cheap for a car of that price range. The dash looks cheap and the ride is not particularly smooth. I had a 15 year old Saab prior to this Nissan and it had less road noise and drove smoother than my new Nissan. Also every time I try to shift into second gear the manual transmission gives me trouble. Almost have to force it into second gear. Very disappointed in my purchase. Dealership not very helpful in fixing the problem. First and only Nissan I will ever own.

Body style.

interior looks like a ford escort, cheap materials inside, driving comfort not particularly great for a car of that level/ price range.

It's not a G35!
By Farhad

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 8th Nissan. I have had Sentras, Maximas, 350z and my last car, Nissan Murano which I traded with this car and I regret it. I have had this car for over a year and most disappointing is the interior. Very poor quality and cheap materials. Have you seen the interior of Hyundais? Much better quality. I had the car in at the dealership several times to fix squeaking sound caused by moonroof. The dashboard squeaks on rough roads, the back part of headliner is coming apart and passenger seat belt rattles occasionally, tires are lousy on snow and so is the fat wiper blades. The exterior and performance and all the gadgets are great. I have the fully loaded version.

I-key, nav with backup camera, Bluetooth, V6 engine, CVT, sporty look

Interior fit and finishes. Interior needs huge improvements. The shift knob something that wont make cheap clunky sound.

Disappointed...again
By Ian

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I made the mistake of purchasing another Altima. I bought the 2.5 with SL Package Feb 08, and although the leather interior is one of the most comfortable I've ever owned, the other problems have made me regret my decision. I've had it serviced at the dealership for creaking and rattling noises in the driver's door at least 3 times. The 1st time, the service manager said that a squeak/rattle kit would fix the problem. It fixed 75% of the noises, but in 2 weeks, they had all returned. The next few times, the technician couldn't reproduce the problem therefore couldn't fix the problem. The driver's seat moves side to side even after the dealership "fixed" it too. I can't recommend this car!

Heated leather seats, moonroof, styling and interior roominess.

Improve the fit and finish, fix the annoying driver's (power) seat rocking motion, use better tires and insulation to reduce road noise, install better brakes, and figure out better, less-expensive options groupings.

All wheel to front wheel... hmm, No Good!
By fourbyforever

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in an Audi A6 2.7t for this car. After spending seven months and 9600 miles spinning the tires on dry pavement with traction control on, I figured it was going to snow soon. I traded it in for a 09 Impreza wrx. So far I think I made a good choice. The Nissan had a loose driver seat, the shifter was very notchy, the airbag light kept coming on, the cupholder door was broken, the brake pedal was starting to pulse. Sometimes the windows would roll down by themselves while the car was parked and unoccupied. It was a hassle not being able to open the trunk when the car was unlocked without the fob,which would always set off the panic horn while in my pocket. I will miss the HIDs and nav.

The body and the motor. Rear camera was a nice touch.

Lower the car for handling, consider all wheel drive option, move the start button so I don't hit the wiper arm by mistake. Have the auto headlight feature be separate from the control arm. Better shifter.

Whoosh! Manuverability & Speed
By Raven

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Test drove the Altima 3.5 SE on a whim one afternoon; two weeks later we own one! Fabulous handling and acceleration. Nimble, quick and agile - combines rack & pinion steering with 270 horses summoned by the incredibly responsive CVT! We put 300 miles on it in the first 24 hours we owned it just for pure fun. Drives like it's on rails, even in the rain. Too easy to look down, realize you're north of 80! We drive V6 cars (and a V8 truck) ranging from 185 to 235 hp but nothing has the jack-rabbit acceleration of 3.5 SE 270 horses.

Whooshing away at the light change. Feels like your driving a Porsche at $70K less! Braking has been good, too, on ours. Steering is tight and responsive. Driving this car is addicting. Looks like a sedate sedan / performs like a sports car. Makes commuting FUN!

Wish fog lights were standard or available unbundled, And, wickedly effective wipers are UGLY - 2 big black sticks 2" apart in your face - very distracting.