2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Fun to drive, and more
By BirdBrain on 11/14/09 16:54 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was a life-long GM'er but last year decided I had to do what's best for me than try to keep blindly supporting the domestics. I also needed better MPG yet retain some sportiness, as I spend most time commuting alone and need some fun driving. I researched hard and narrowed it to the (then) new Malibu, Mazda6 and Altima. The Camry was too blah & Accord a bit large and also vanilla. The Malibu was closest but still a bit mushy and was a brand new model. I have put over 30k miles on my SL and couldn't be happier still. CVT is great once you get used to how it works/sounds. Great handling too. Nice interior and controls, quik-down windows. Decent std stereo. GR8 sunroof

2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE
By Karen on 11/09/09 19:37 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I test drove my car, feel in love with it and bought it the same day! No regrets. So powerful. Very comfortable. Very Very stylish! Turns heads. Has the power to step up. I was and still am really impressed. Gets lots of looks.

Altima
By PhilU on 11/09/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my Altima a little over two months. No major complaints. Im coming out of a dodge charger so the ride is no way near as smooth. I began to experience a little rattling somewhere in cabin, I'm going to take it in for that. I cant stand rattles and squeaks. Fit and finish is great compared to pre 2007 models. Ride isn't as smooth as my 03 2.5 S altima.

Nice Looking
By Jeffrey on 10/25/09 23:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven this vehicle just over 1 yr. and so far I have been satisfied with it's performance and fuel economy.

Happy but not estatic
By cegledi on 10/25/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Personally think it is one of the most attractive sedans in its price range. Went from a Passat to a Nissan - bad move. The ride is nice but not germanic. The MPG is disappointing (averaging 2.3 mpg less than the DIC). The CVT makes it sound like a go-cart. Should have bought the V6 but didn't want to put in premium fuel - bad move #2. The V6 is too strong not to love. Only a few minor problems but nothing major to report. Highly recommend the V6 since you get cool rims, turn signals in side mirrors and VDC standard. I bought the SL package to get all the tech goodies which I don't regret and Nissan makes deals on their cars. Will trade it probably in two more years.

No Mechanical Problems
By 08LasVenturas on 10/03/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We've owned our Altima since March of 2008 and haven't had one mechanical problem. It rides smoothly and quietly, especially with the CVT transmission. The exterior is sporty looking but the paint chips easily. The Key has been nothing but problems. One of the buttons is already missing while the paint chipped on another one. Not to mention it always sets off the car alarm unintentionally. The interior is nice looking and the dash is well laid-out. It also looks nice lit up at night. There are plenty of cup holders, but the plastics are cheap especially on the doors, where they are all scratched and damaged after only a year.

Solid purchase
By Aemilius on 09/30/09 22:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Having purchased a dealership test drive car with 3,000 KM (1,600 miles) I benefited from my White Altima coupe 3.5 SE Premium being 'broken in' without being abused. Almost two years with the car now and I'm still taken by the beauty of the interior and exterior design! I'm in snowy Calgary Canada and appreciate the foul weather control of front wheel drive. I consider the Altima coupe to be a great balance of performance, comfort, style and practicality. A well designed car that sacrifices little and offers a lot.

Most Uncomfortable seats ever
By Mario on 09/28/09 14:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have a 2008 Altima SE V6 and this is by far the most uncomfortable seats I have ever had. I downsized from a 2007 Infiniti M35 those seats were OK. Before I bought the Altima I had read several posts in Edmunds about uncomfortable seats on long drives and I should have listened better. It only takes 5 minutes and my back starts hurting. I do have back problems but this pain is different. It feels like there is no support in some areas especially left side. I have bought padded lumbar cushions but it did not help much. I would invest in custom seats if it would help but if not I am going take loss and get another car but what car in this class has superior comfort?

Bad ride & suspension system
By Jerry on 09/21/09 16:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am really not happy with the ride of this vehicle, my driving is mostly in the city and the vehicle does not take the pot holes & various bumps that you find in most Cities. On the freeway the ride is very good. I had complained to Nissan Northern Regional in Canada and they referred me my dealership locally and they inspected the suspension system and said nothing was wrong with it that is how it was manufactured, well I sort of expected tho, to no avail! But on the more positive side the car is really a nice car, nice styling and the engine is a little noisy but runs good it is too bad that it's suspension is not adequate to give a more comfortable ride overall.

Sandra's Altima
By Sandra on 08/28/09 20:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Before I saw the 2008 Altima, my mind was set on a Camry, but after seeing and reading about the Altima, my mind changed. I had to have an Altima. I look forward to driving it each day. I love the keyless entry, keyless start and the CVT transmission. No digging in my purse for the key!! I have so much fun driving it.The gas mileage is awesome. Bottom line, I love my Altima!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.