2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
2.5SL package
By Mr. Patel on 02/08/10 20:36 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 08 Altime from my previews experience with a 03 Altima. I put 150,000 on my 03 Altima without any problem, so i bought an 08 Altima. 08 Altima is a great product, but the CVT transmission is horrible. I had so many problems while driving in the city from 40 to 50 mph. Also, the mic with blue-tooth feature is terrible. When you on the phone with another person, they cant hear you. Need better mic. Nissan needs to bring back their traditional transmission or they will lose alot of customers. I trade- in my Altima for a pre-owned Lexus.

Best-in-Class from Drvr's point of View
By Barmalej on 01/15/10 19:40 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been driving this car for 2 yrs. Seriously compared to similar in class before I got into this one. Camry/Accord/Malibu/Aura, even BMW3 feel less comfortable (Driver's). Handling is amazing, Sporty suspension makes it feel just Right! //Concerns. 1st:= still can't get used to how CVT behaves when downshifting using TipTronic(manual mode):going from 4th to 3d (*those are not actual gears on CVT!) makes the car jerk a bit, but @ approx.50-60km/hr is does not happen, yet it's not always easy to catch that moment. 2nd:= Fuel economy [city] a bit worse than advertised: My Min 8.7L/100km (Summer), Max 10.3L/100km (Winter). The Longest drive on 1 tank = 810 km (-not bad!;)

Like Car But Has An Incurable Bug
By Don on 01/15/10 14:29 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I Generally like the car especially the gas mileage. Plenty of interior room, and trunk space. The only negative seems to be paring of the CVT transmission with a 4-cyl. engine. When starting uphill from a stop, particularly w/the A/C on, it feels like the engine is missing or that it is having difficulty shifting gears. I think it is the latter. I've taken it to the dealership 3 times, and they cannot find anything wrong and suggested I use a higher octane gas. That did not work (and defeats the purpose of buying a 4-cyl.). So, I use the shift control in the "manual" mode when going up a hill from a stop and do not experience the "missing" feeling.

2008 Altima 2.5SL 2year and 21k miles
By SmallGiant on 01/13/10 18:28 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall so far My Altima has been a great car and a great value, 2 years old and i still get compliments on it daily, the car is great in the city and smooth on the highway. but by no means is it a performance car its not too much that i dont like about it, but the 2.5 engine is loud during acceleration, and at high speeds(80+) the car feel like it is easily swayed by the wind. and in the summer the leather is unusually hot, it seems to hold the heat in even after the a/c has been blasting for a while, and some of the interior fittings feel cheap, but none of these are nothing you cant live with, and it would not change my mind from having to make the purchase all over again.

Just bought 08 Altima SL with 10K miles
By utlax18 on 01/13/10 12:22 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought a used 08 Altima SL with 10K miles. I like the sportiness of the car and the interior. Averaging 25.1 overall mileage (per the trip computer) and drive primarily in the city. Only issue I am having is a slight "lifter" noise which I have researched and they say it is a "timing chain tensioner" issue. Will take it in a week or so for the dealer to look at it. If I didn't have this issue, I would rate it a 9.

AWESOME CAR
By Love It on 01/03/10 08:52 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2 door Nissan Altima 3.5 loaded and have not regretted my decision. I would not recommend this vehicle for anyone with toddlers with rear facing car seat (booster seats are fine). I love the keyless strart and entry. When the battery goes dead (which has only happened once and that was just recently it was only $8 to replace the battery. Not bad for the convenience. My previous vehicle was a BMW X3 the Nissan is by far a better car.

31,000 miles later....
By Moneyman on 12/15/09 13:06 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So any review after a few weeks is worthless. Finally 31k later, here we go...Overall I really like this car. I've been averaging 29.8mpg in the winter (letting it run a little too). That's most impressive. CVT is pretty fun to drive. I've had a torque bolt tightened, I believe?, and the seat had a little wobble/click to it. Both fixed. There is the "popping noise that I hear at lights/after you shut it off. I will be asking about that next oil change, doesn't seem to effect anything. Overall a great car so far for mileage and comfort (I'm 6'1" 220) just don't put your kids in the back too! I'm not sure if its the tires, but they stink in the winter! My wife takes my truck! Would buy another

Colorado car
By Dennis on 11/28/09 21:35 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the car new as I wrecked my Honda Civic when an old man turned left in front of me. I tried Honda Accord and Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima. Only the Nissan Altima had the CVT transmission. This transmission really gets the most out of a 4 cylinder engine. I pulled all cars up the steep section of Interstate 70 going up to the ski areas. The Nissan really held its speed going up the Floyd Hill or steep section for the test drive as the Honda and Toyota seemed to have to strain to keep up with the 65 mph. speed limit on the hill. . Bad is body dents really easily Poor body fit. Hate the fancy key. Honda dealer much better service.

disappointing
By aus26tex on 11/28/09 13:44 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had the car for 1yr 5 months and have had ongoing issues with my drivers side seat sliding from side to side. Nissan has been a pain to deal with and even after I recently filed for lemon law they have yet to be in touch and have exceeded the 30 day time frame. Aside from seat moving side to side I have moisture in my right rear tail-light, unreliable brake pressure(they can be VERY touchy depending on which way the wind blows), blown speaker, rattles, and a hesitation when accelerating. Not sure how it has won "Highest Ranked in Initial Quality" from J.D. Power. Also has very uncomfortable seats, and poor handling. On the bright side good MPG, peppy and quiet.

Ezz review
By Ezz on 11/22/09 01:20 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is fantastic car,smooth transmission, great sound system

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.