40K Miles - No Problems
By kayyn on
2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Just thought I would post a review letting potential buyers of used 2008 Altima Coupes, know, that after 40,000 miles the car has had no problems for me. I bought the 3.5 SE with CVT transmission, on 6-7-2007 fully loaded. The car has had every maintenance interval done. (oil changed every 3K miles, and whatever else a certified Nissan mechanic, said needed to be done) The only problem I had was a bad valve stem on the tire, NOT caused by driving behavior, stems are steel. Otherwise the car has seemed to run very well. It is very quiet while idling, inside still looks brand new, overall everything has held up well with no major problems in the first 40K mile
Favorite Features
Car mileage has been spread out approx. 30K highway 10K city, it has a combined MPG of 26.7 listed on the display. I did a test about a month ago and I got a little more than 550 strictly highway miles before the car told me I needed gas. I put in about 15.5 gallons so that figures about 35.5 MPG highway; city isn't too terrible about 17-20. I like this because if I remember right the sticker at time of purchase said 19MPG city 27MPG Highway.
Suggested Improvements
Although, I usually leave it garaged in the winter, or if I know it is going to rain; the car could use better handling during the winter months. I have only driven the car once in the winter, but I know another person who drives their car daily and regrets the handling in the winter. We have found that driving with the TCS OFF in the winter returns better results. It seems to do well in the rain, even with the TCS ON.