2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
It's not a G35!
By Farhad on 01/02/09 21:49 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 8th Nissan. I have had Sentras, Maximas, 350z and my last car, Nissan Murano which I traded with this car and I regret it. I have had this car for over a year and most disappointing is the interior. Very poor quality and cheap materials. Have you seen the interior of Hyundais? Much better quality. I had the car in at the dealership several times to fix squeaking sound caused by moonroof. The dashboard squeaks on rough roads, the back part of headliner is coming apart and passenger seat belt rattles occasionally, tires are lousy on snow and so is the fat wiper blades. The exterior and performance and all the gadgets are great. I have the fully loaded version.

Disappointed...again
By Ian on 12/21/08 18:16 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I made the mistake of purchasing another Altima. I bought the 2.5 with SL Package Feb 08, and although the leather interior is one of the most comfortable I've ever owned, the other problems have made me regret my decision. I've had it serviced at the dealership for creaking and rattling noises in the driver's door at least 3 times. The 1st time, the service manager said that a squeak/rattle kit would fix the problem. It fixed 75% of the noises, but in 2 weeks, they had all returned. The next few times, the technician couldn't reproduce the problem therefore couldn't fix the problem. The driver's seat moves side to side even after the dealership "fixed" it too. I can't recommend this car!

All wheel to front wheel... hmm, No Good!
By fourbyforever on 12/02/08 20:23 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in an Audi A6 2.7t for this car. After spending seven months and 9600 miles spinning the tires on dry pavement with traction control on, I figured it was going to snow soon. I traded it in for a 09 Impreza wrx. So far I think I made a good choice. The Nissan had a loose driver seat, the shifter was very notchy, the airbag light kept coming on, the cupholder door was broken, the brake pedal was starting to pulse. Sometimes the windows would roll down by themselves while the car was parked and unoccupied. It was a hassle not being able to open the trunk when the car was unlocked without the fob,which would always set off the panic horn while in my pocket. I will miss the HIDs and nav.

Whoosh! Manuverability & Speed
By Raven on 11/15/08 01:25 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Test drove the Altima 3.5 SE on a whim one afternoon; two weeks later we own one! Fabulous handling and acceleration. Nimble, quick and agile - combines rack & pinion steering with 270 horses summoned by the incredibly responsive CVT! We put 300 miles on it in the first 24 hours we owned it just for pure fun. Drives like it's on rails, even in the rain. Too easy to look down, realize you're north of 80! We drive V6 cars (and a V8 truck) ranging from 185 to 235 hp but nothing has the jack-rabbit acceleration of 3.5 SE 270 horses.

It's Fun to Drive!
By Grandpa on 11/03/08 17:44 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Forget that it has a backseat, it'll never get used, even if you wanted to. Backing up is helped with a back up monitoring system. Besides that, it's a blast to drive and gets good gas mileage.

An eye-catcher... Definitely
By Michael the Psycho on 10/07/08 02:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I will have to say this car is extremely smooth to drive. I have driven a few cars before but the acceleration on this vehicle just blows everything else out of the water (and I only got the 2.5S!). In fact, if I don't pay close attention, the majority of my drives are at 20 over the speed limit. If you want a beautiful, sporty car with the price tag of a mainstream car, this is most likely it. I got to say though, the back seats are really not comfortable. I've seen some reviews say the rear space being mediocre in comfort; I think that's an understatement. My roommate's children (both under 10) can barely fit but I guess the target demographic of this car was never for "family" passengers.

Awesome Car for the money
By Ben on 09/24/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My fiance and I love our coupe. I feel it's the best bang for your buck at this price range. Between performance, styling, and mpg it really is a great all around car.

Best car I've ever owned
By Jason on 09/12/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car. I think that the best way to describe just how great this car is to tell you what my dad said. He just bought the new Lexus sports car and he says that if he could do it all over again he would have gotten the 08 Altima Coupe because it drives almost as well and looks sharper on the outside, is more comfortable, and when you factor in that it is half the price it's a no brainer.

Great Buy
By GRJD on 08/29/08 12:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

3 months and 8,000 miles. I really love the car. Great sporty fun on the back roads; very long-legged and comfortable on the freeway. Originally looked at the manual, but read up on the CVT, tested it, and I love it: the powerful and smooth acceleration is hard to describe. Manual-mode is great fun too. A real head-turner. You don't see many coupes on the road, and I've had LOTS of compliments on it (mine's black). For the money, I don't know how you can beat the power, handling, and styling. For me this car is a good mix: a sporty "driver's car", but still comfortable and practical for the daily commute (especially the front-wheel drive for winter).

The Coupe to Buy
By happyone on 08/25/08 23:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima coupe in black with premium package is very sexy and pleasing to the eyes. High quality sport interior in black leather has a lot of class. The seats give plenty of support and are comfortable when in them for hours. Bose system sounds so crystal clear. Bluetooth works fantastic and sounds excellent. Moonroof is nice too. Great gas mileage and plenty of power with the CVT. Fun to drive. Great car for the money. Premium package worth every penny. I've owned over 30 cars and this is one of the nicest. I compare it to my 2003 BMW 330 convertible with sport package and I feel the Altima coupe is just as nice. Great car with all the features without being pretentious!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.