Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Nissan Altima
By Matt

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car back in December of 07 and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have always been a fan of Nissans, but this car is "the truth". Due to gas prices I opted for the 2.5s but it still packs plenty of power. The power steering is extremely smooth and the ride is quiet. My friends with Accords and Camrys immediately fall in love after driving the Altima.

Favorite Features

Push button start is amazing. CVT is also amazing and the gas mileage is actually a little better than advertised. I don't do much city driving, but I've been averaging 34-35 mpg on the highway (with AC on). Stock stereo is pretty decent as well. Glove box is huge.

Suggested Improvements

Nada.

A+++ for Altima Coupe!
By Fri

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have wanted Nissan to come out with an Altima coupe for years now! They finally made one, and it is a beauty! I love my 2.5S coupe, and it fits me like a glove. When I first bought the car, the tires really needed breaking in. Once they had a few miles on them, the car became a lot more steady at high speeds (70-80 mph). My gas mileage continues to improve too! At first, I was only getting 22 mpg city. Now, even with the air conditioning, I'm getting 30 mpg in the city!! The longer I have it, the more it's breaking in. This car is only getting better.

Favorite Features

Looks - gorgeous inside and out, CVT - smooth transmission, gas mileage (30 mpg in city, 34 mpg highway), power - can pass on the highway with ease, comfort - fits like a glove

Suggested Improvements

When the car's interior gets really hot, especially on a sunny summer day, the steering column makes a little squeaky noise. My mechanic at Nissan says it is the plastic within the column rubbing when the plastic expands, and that it is not doing damage...it is simply a noise occurrence.

Very good buy
By mike

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I really like this car. I would rather have had the 3.5L V6, but given the fact that it takes premium fuel, gas prices, blah blah blah you get the picture. Very good A to B car in style, and somewhat fun to drive. Creature comforts with the convenience package are very nice. Car is very sophisticated looking for the price. It's my first new car, and I will keep it for at least 5 years provided that no idiot(s) run into it and break it.

Favorite Features

Keyless ignition, on-door button entry/truck release, sunroof, easy to read gauges, aux input, auto up/down driver/passenger front windows, front/rear stabilizer bars, 5 star crash ratings.

Suggested Improvements

KEY FOB! - buttons are not recessed, if I leave my keys in my pocket while inside the house often times I go outside and either the trunk is open or the doors are unlocked. Also, 17" wheels should be standard. Fog lights/satellite radio should be an option. No available stability/traction control.

No Regrets
By Good choice

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It has been 3 months and 3 thousand miles since my purchase. The car rides smooth and quiet. I test drove a 4 and it had enough power but I was willing to sacrifice some mpg for a very quiet 6. I'm noise sensitive. Getting 24 mpg suburban driving, highway 28-29 with a ton of get up and go! Bose sound system is fabulous with the quiet engine. Interior feels very spacious. Dash not cluttered. Controls nicely positioned. Nice leg space. Trunk offers plenty of suitcase and stuff space. Good sight lines through rear window when backing up. The transmission is very smooth, quiet, and easy to get used to. No need for a stick shift.

Favorite Features

Quietness. Spacious interior. Bose stereo. MPG with all that power. HID headlights. Heated seats. Climate control system. No problems requiring a return to the dealer.

Suggested Improvements

Current option packaging is poor. More side support in front seats. Improve sound proofing with the four cylinders. Fog lights not very effective.

Excellent car
By car enthusiest

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It's a good car with a good engine. Leg room in the back is very small, but overall comfort is good. The avalible features are superb. Safety is good. Maintenance is low due to a new design in transmission.

Favorite Features

Intellegent key, push to start ignition, Xtronic CVT, side curtain airbags, and cruise cntrl.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room.