2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Be Careful!
By Regretting Purchase on 08/30/07 23:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First hour off the lot, I already had problems. I looked up at the pillar on the driver's side (the spot where the headliner meets above the window), and I see a wet spot. Had to take it back to the dealer. Apparently there was a blockage in the drain hose from the sunroof. Next day, I get a call. The front of the car is soaking wet. The evaporator has also malfunctioned. So I bought the car Wednesday, drove for a total of 40 miles (20 miles home, and then 20 miles to the dealership), and will finally be able to drive it again Friday afternoon.

I like my new Altima
By Guruno on 08/27/07 22:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Have only owned a week, and came from owning a '97 Jeep Wrangler for the past 10 years, so my auto experience is rather limited. Needless to say, I love my new Altima. Very roomy - am 6' and have plenty of leg/head room. The back seats have comfortable space as well. The clutch is shorter than my old Wrangler's and the response is worlds better. The 270 HP is nice on the highway. Steering feels good at high speeds. The fuel economy is OK, but wasn't expecting much with the engine size. I like the layout of the internal controls, very intuitive.

Best of both worlds
By mike on 08/24/07 23:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had no plans to buy this car. I was looking to replace my 1996 300zx tt, which I sold a few years ago. My wife was complaining about having 3 cars to deal with in the driveway. My daily driver is a 2003 altima. I pulled up next to one and it really caught my eye. The next day I went to the dealership and took a test drive. I knew I would be taking it home. Although, not a 300zx tt, it is sporty quick, fits the 5y/o in the back seat and is only one car in the driveway. Drive it and you'll buy it!

You won't be disappointed!
By username on 08/19/07 21:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Red, premium package, technology package, just fully loaded. I had saved up and was ready to get a new 2008 Infiniti G37. I wanted to drive this car before purchasing it however. Wow great choice! Great Bose system, amazing comfort, awesome power, fantastic handling. This car just blew me away. 2 things differ from the G37 and this car. This car is front wheel drive which in the winter is going to be a big plus. However off the blocks the G does a bit better (glad I am not racing anyone). This car however has much more room inside, and the comfort is what sold me. Every feature you could want is offered on this car. For 28k out the door it's a no brainer between this and the G37.

This car rocks!
By KurtinPA on 08/19/07 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The engine is powerful and the CVT is smooth. I can pass cars with incredible swiftness, and the handling is tight and responsive. Mine is dark slate with black leather interior. Many people have approached me to ask about the car, especially after tinting the windows. Not that I look around too often, but this car is a head-turner! The Bose stereo is great, and I love the XM satellite radio package. It is also nice to have the bluetooth hands-free phone system. I researched a lot of new cars, and for the price, this one is the best!

What a sweet ride!
By brandir on 08/17/07 19:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

All I can say is wow! What a sweet ride! I just bought my coupe this week and was planning on test driving a few other vehicles in the same category. The Altima coupe was my first test drive and I knew as soon as I took off in it there was no reason to test drive anything else. The ride is so smooth and what a kick it has for a 4 cylinder. I love the body style and the dual exhausts. I don't feel like I'm sitting real low to the ground and the car feels solid. I can't say enough great things about this car!

Absolutely LOVE it!
By Chardoi on 08/04/07 21:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My occupation requires me to drive hundreds of miles a week and I wanted a reliable and economical "work tool." Stepping down from an 8-cyl BMW X5 for fuel economy, I must say that I am very pleased with the pep and gas mileage of my 2.5 S. As an audiophile, it is very out of character for me to settle for the factory (base) stereo. In doing so, I am pleasantly surprised at how nice is sounds. I'm sure the Bose may be a little better, but I doubt it's worth the extra moola. The car is quick for a 4-banger, agile, quiet at interstate speeds, and comfy. My wife is telling her friends "It's a miracle that he likes a 4-cyl car!" In a nutshell, I absolutely love it!

I Love My Coupe!!!!
By stevesbabe on 08/02/07 10:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I first saw this car in a magazine and I told my husband that I had to have this car. That was at the end of May. By the 2nd week of July, I had purchased my new Altima coupe. I am so happy that I bought my coupe. It was the best decision. This is my first Nissan, and I will buy another and another. I love my car and I would not trade it for anything. People stop and ask me, "Is that a Nissan?" I of course say yes it is and it is mine. I have to see another coupe around here and I am glad that I was one of the first to buy it. Thanks Nissan for one awesome coupe.

I'm in Love!
By kerry on 08/01/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my coupe a week ago, black with charcoal leather interior. I got the premium package as well. This is the first new car I have ever bought and I think it was a great decision! There is nothing about the car that I don't like. I love everything about it, inside and out. I use the bluetooth phone system a lot. The dual climate control is great. And the Bose... well its BOSE! The ride is sooo smooth! I haven't seen anyone out on the road with one yet. I would suggest this car to anyone!

Love it, Love it, Love it!!!
By Vicious on 07/26/07 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my car for about two months and it's been nothing but fun. I've driven it around the city and taken it for a trip from Virginia Beach, VA to Pittsburgh, PA and back. The car's got zip and is so much fun to drive. For awhile during my trip back to VA Beach, I was getting 41 mpg, that is until I got stuck for 3.5 hours in DC for rush hour. I still ended up with 34 mpg overall. I'm very happy with my investment and being a Nissan, I'm sure it will last me for quite some time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.