Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 380 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Disappointed
By Jason

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle is noisy and the ride is rough. I have been back to the dealership and they told me that tire complaints are common. Nissan is using sub-standard tires trying to keep costs down!

Maybe the looks.

Pay some attention to the suspension and ride harshness.

Awesome!
By jerry

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is the best car I have ever owned! The styling is great. The fuel economy is superb. I love everything about this vehicle. Basically this vehicle out performs camry, accord, and any other sedan in it's class by a long shot. If you are considering a Altima, quit thinking and go get you the best sedan ever built!

CVT is awesome, so smooth you forget how fast you are going!! Bluetooth is great, I talk on the phone a lot. 5 star safety ratings all across the boards is nice! Everything!

I honestly can not think of anything I would suggest to be changed.

Fun Car to Drive.
By Michael

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Although I do have some cons but overall experience has been great. My cons are the option package by Nissan, poorly put together. When changing lanes I do experience some blind spots. At last the interior design could be a bit better. Other then those, I would recommend this car to anyone.

The V6 engine and the 6speed M transmission are my favorite features.

Better optional package. Interior design could use some improvements.

Great First Automatic Car!
By SunnyInSanDiego

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is awesome! It is my first automatic, my first 4 door sedan and my first Nissan. I got it loaded - 3.5 SE V6 + Prem package and nav/XM. IS 250 had too small of a backseat, the 328i was out of my price range and I'm just not a Mercedes girl. I love to drive around with the windows down, the sunroof open and the Bose speakers blaring. Perfect for those sunny San Diego days. The CVT engine is great but takes a little time to get used to if you are a manual transmission girl at heart like me. Overall a great ride! Previously owned a Ford and 2 Mitsus. What a difference! My friend has a 2008 G35 and this is basically the same car. All the same features and $10k less. Sold!

The 3.5 SE comes with sport tuned suspension and 17" wheels, add on Prem and Tech and you've got everything! Push button start, keyless entry, leather, back-up camera, sunroof, iPod aux, dark slate color, nav, XM, smooth ride, powerful V6 (ready on a dime), decent gas mileage for a hefty engine!

The iPod interface needs to be completely integrated like on the Infiniti G35. Right now you have to control the iPod from the iPod and are unable to via the radio / nav system. Everything else is perfect.

A truly beauty
By NW of Wilmington, DE

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned the new 2008 Altima 2.5 S for just over 2-month with 2500 miles on it. It is a truly amazing car with outstanding gas mileage and fun to drive. I got 31 mpg on mixed city/hwy driving. It is fun to drive with plenty of ponies to spare on the hwy. The CVT is very smooth and the rev rarely over 2000 rpm even at 70 mph. Five-star crash test rating gives me a peace of mind. Having owned three Toyota Camry and one Honda Accord, I must say the Nissan Altima is way better and with the money saved enough for a nice Bahama vacation package. I just hope Nissan would make a diesel version of the Altima in the future.

Push button ignition. combination of CVT/Manual transmission. Exterior style. Excellent gas mileage (way better than Honda Accord and Toyota Camary in daily driving. Plenty of trunk space and driver head/leg room.

More options with 2.5 S version, such as with stability control, fog light, and alloy wheels. Occasionally rattle sound from the passenger side of dash board/window.