2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Fun to drive and looks great
By Charlie Zarzour on 10/07/07 05:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had been shopping for a small sports car, but when I saw the 2 door coupe my mind changed. The 3.5 270 hp engine is very fast. Price point on the car is tough to beat for the horsepower, features and looks. I would recommend the Premium package and also the 3.5 over the 2.5. The 2.5 is better on gas mileage, but the 3.5 will put a smile on your face when you push down on it. This is my third Nissan. Had a Stanza with 180,000 and Frontier with 145,000. You can not beat Nissan quality. I do a lot of interstate driving and the gas mileage is good. On 2 lane roads the car passes other cars with a lot of confidence.

Altima still needs some improvement
By Corolla_luva on 10/02/07 13:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought the Altima 2 weeks ago and I don't know how to describe the feeling of looking at the 2008 Altima 3.5 SE (V-6!!). It's beyond great. But the problems are there, I can't ignore it. After a couple days of driving it, I found the suspension noise to be very loud and found it to be annoying (sounds like it's rusted metal, a "squeak" sound). Two, the build material or overall finish of the interior was made with cheap material. The 2 front side of the door also made a "squeak" noise when you pressed upon it or when the car turned and your leg/thigh leaned against it.

I love it/I hate it
By Chayce on 09/29/07 19:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This a very fun car to drive and my wife and I both enjoy the balance of comfort and performance. However, the navigation package is practically useless because many of the features are not usable while the car is moving. It drives me crazy. So, either don't buy the navi and get a Garmin or buy a car that has a functional navigation system.

Fell in love at first sight
By Mary on 09/28/07 05:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had 2 Nissan Maximas and was ready to turn in my lease for a 4 door Altima 2007. When I saw the 2 dr coupe, I fell in love at first sight. The car is awesome on gas which was exactly what I needed (driving 6 cyl Max for ten years). Not as spacious as the Max, however still comfortable and fun to drive. To date, have only seen 5 on the road... cool! Have been stopped by people on the road wondering what model it is. Truly love the car!

My first new car... ever!!! 2.5 SL pkg
By Mista T on 09/27/07 21:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first new car purchase. Was gonna get a Subie Legacy but didn't like the way it shifted. Camry is bland, boring, and dealers wouldnt haggle with me. G35x was my dream car that never came true (lotta bread for that car). My friend bought an Altima and I was taken away by the tranny. Felt like a 6 cylinder to me and the smoothness and pickup was impressive.

Awesome car
By Chris on 09/17/07 09:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I intended to buy a Altima coupe, after driving a coupe for 4 years. After sitting in the coupe and seeing that I probably couldn't get my golf bag to fit in that trunk, I made the decision to go with the sedan instead. Best decision! The Altima 3.5 SL sedan is absolutely amazing. It's loaded with every possible option under the sun. The ride is quiet, and the transmission is an engineering marvel. Extremely powerful and fuel efficient, and best of all it has a very sporty look. I like the blonde leather, and it spells class with just enough touch of the wood trim. This car lives up to the hype, and then some.

Altima coupe 2.5S CVT
By joe on 09/15/07 06:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased in June. Great looking car. Plenty of power. Handles well but the ride is too soft, a bit mushy for me. Car feels as if it's floating at certain speeds, mainly under 40 mph. Brakes a bit touchy but seem powerful. Visibility is very good except for backing up. Big blind spot. Need to be very good at using mirrors. Great looking color in the Azure Blue, but very, very hard to keep clean. Curious to see how it handles the snow, I live in the northeast. MPG is OK.

Don't judge a book by its cover.
By nwryuber on 09/11/07 20:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've got to say that this is an absolutely incredible car and I would definitely say it is the best in its class. I looked at all of the coupes at this price point including Tiburon, Eclipse, Solara, etc., and this by far is the nicest. The only thing that would be nice, would be a nicer interior. The interior isn't that bad as compared to the sedan in my opinion, but could definitely use work. But other than that, I've had no problems and absolutely love this car!

Great little car.
By jim on 09/04/07 12:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Recently bought the car for my wife. Have taken it on a few short road trips. Car is fun to drive, fuel economy was out of this world, powerful beyond belief.

The Best car ever!
By I love my altima on 09/02/07 11:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I absolutely love my Nissan Altima sedan. It is absolutely the most fun thing I have ever driven. It is also very spacious,and very quiet! The Interior is absolutely beautiful as well as the exterior. The keyless entry and push button start is so convenient, I never take my keys out of my purse.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.