2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Finally, someone built a fun car again
By Uncle Al in Md on 10/26/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I waited until I made a good deal on this car before I test drove it. I was not in any way disappointed. I've been carefully breaking it in over the past few weeks and I like it more each time I drive it. My dogs can get in the back seat easy and seem to enjoy the view when they go for a cruise. All instruments are laid out to use easily. I'm going easy the 1st few thousand miles so I'm doing things in stages. I like the keyless starting and all the displays. The a/c works fine and the std radio is good. I didn't get the 3 high $$ options but I did get the cheap 3 and the new homelink/compass option mirror - a great deal! Only 3 other cars in 38 years have had me so excited.

Awesome Car!
By solace on 10/22/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nissan cars have always been very reliable and good cars. The new Altimas are also one of the coolest looking cars on the road. The Nissan 3.5 liter engines are very quick. The CVT works great.

Pretty satisfied
By Pretty satisfied on 10/21/07 23:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ok, so I've been reading the reviews here and I must say, consumer knows best indeed. I purchased my 08 Altima on 10/19 and it has been a thrill! I love to CVT. I was going to going to get the 3.5 but my pockets wouldn't allow me. I happened to approach a 2.5 S that had leather seats put in along with the woodgrain kit so i went with it. I love the overall design and feel of the car. Great gas mileage. I just recently totalled out my Monte Carlo SS and needed some new wheels quick and this car saved the day. If you're looking for a low-key, stylish ride, this car is for you!

Glad to be back
By New York on 10/21/07 12:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a number of new vehicles and had left Nissan when I had a paint issue with my 2001 Altima. My last car was a 2004 Camry and when it came time to trade I headed back thinking I was going to like the new Camry's & was very disappointed. My husband & I decided to try Nissan again and fell in love with a 2008 Altima. Even though it's a 4cyl. with the CVT it's perfect. The price, style and options were amazing for the price. It definitely beat Toyota's line up. If you want something sporty, economical and fun to drive, this is it.

WOW! Great car for the money
By Dero210 on 10/19/07 12:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I traded my 05 GTO for the keys of an 07 Nissan Altima due to a baby on the way and all I can say is WOW. The interior is very roomy with a lot of head and leg room and a great amount of places to stash your extra belongings (wallet, mp3, cell phone). Even though the power is not comparable to a 6.0L v8 GTO, it was way more then I ever expected from a 3.5L V6. My first vehicle was an old Maxima and Nissan really makes some reliable cars. Combine that with some nice interior and head turning stlye and you have one great car.

Love it!
By Andrea on 10/17/07 17:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was a birthday gift from my husband. My first new car! Love the interior. The iPod hook up is perfect! The homelink is awesome. No more clunky garage door opener. The power isn't as good as my old Ponitac GTP, but this gets twice the gas mileage! Overall I am very, very happy with the vehicle. Stylish and young looking, yet it's a great family sedan.

"The Altima: Top of the Class"
By johnnycash on 10/16/07 22:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Before I purchased the Altima I test drove 5 different vehicles, Hyundai Sonata, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Saturn Aura, and the Ford Fusion. The Altima was the best ride, quite with sufficent power. I purchased the Altima Sedan 2.5S automatic with CVT. The exterior is sporty but not overdone. The interior is spacious even for myself at 6ft. 3in. The car is great on gas, city and highway, 25-34. I did not get any extra packages, since the car is already pretty equipped. Well worth the price. I liked it better all around than the other vehicles I mentioned previously.

Don't See the Issues
By Dan on 10/13/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Compared to the Toyota Solara (4 cyl) I've driven for the past four years (disliking it more every day) the Altima Coupe 2.5 S is an exhilarating experience. The Altima accelerates quickly, the Solara hesitates; the Altima gives you a feel for the road, the Solara drives like a big luxury car. If you're looking for something that drives like a "land yacht", buy the Solara. If you're looking for something that's just fun to drive, the Altima is a good choice.

Picked over a Honda & Toyota
By Dawn on 10/12/07 11:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We completely love the car. We picked this car over a Honda Accord and a Toyota Camry. We drove all three and the lowest model of the Nissan had a smoother ride then the Accord or Camry. I have always loved Hondas and have owned one but the Nissan's ride and look was much nicer. The Camry and Altima both have a great style but you get more for the money with the Nissan and the ride was better also. If you are thinking about the Altima you can’t go wrong. One warning, if you want the 3.5, get your insurance quote first, the 2.5 was not that bad.

Nissan got it right
By Tobyboy on 10/07/07 10:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Let me start off by saying I love cars and have many, many cars. My favorite vehicle prior to this purchase was my GS 300 Lexus. This Altima is now is my favorite car. It has it all, interior and exterior style, comfort, technology and gas economy. Nissan got it right! I started out wanting a 4 cylinder car that is not a crap box. Most manufacturers will make the 4 cylinder the stripped down model, with no leather, limited options, etc. Nissan approaches this market differently. They take the same vehicle that is available in the more pricey 6 cylinder and simply put a 4 cylinder in its place. This car is near perfect. Accelaration with the 4 is more than adequate.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.