Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Perfection in a car!
By Perfection

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is so perfect. It's beautiful, fast and not everyone drives one! The only thing I was unhappy about is no spoiler and no vent visors. The coupe is amazing and everything I could ask for in a car. The system is great too!

Favorite Features

Push start, Intelligent Key, Bose system, leather interior (very classy!), rearview dimming mirror, sunroof (very nice!), steering wheel with all the fun buttons, my lights... everything

Suggested Improvements

SPOILER! It is a coupe, I want a spoiler.

Class with economy
By Polverizer

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima coupe has the best-looking backend of any car out there at any price. Look at it from the rear and a little to the side and its a joy to behold. The 4 cylinders get you up to speed without even trying. Back seat has more headroom (slightly) than the Scion tC and Civic coupe -- but a 6-footer's head might touch the rear window. Not sure about mileage. I'm still on the first tank, but it seems fairly decent. Front seats are very comfortable, with good driver's lumbar support. Driver's leg compartment is more comfortable than Civic coupe, where the parking hand brake bothered my knee, and more spacious than the Mazda 3 sedan that crowded my lower leg. A lot of quality for the money.

Favorite Features

The beautifully tapered trunk and overall exterior styling, driver's seat, powerful smooth 4-cylinder Nissan engine. Fit and finish is superb.

Suggested Improvements

I don't quite understand the allure of the push button starter as opposed to a key, but it works fine. Wish the front end had a more attractive design. Golf clubs fit in the trunk easily if you put the top of the bag with the clubheads in first and then the bottom of the bag. A bit more trunk space.

Disappointed
By Jason

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle is noisy and the ride is rough. I have been back to the dealership and they told me that tire complaints are common. Nissan is using sub-standard tires trying to keep costs down!

Favorite Features

Maybe the looks.

Suggested Improvements

Pay some attention to the suspension and ride harshness.

Awesome!
By jerry

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is the best car I have ever owned! The styling is great. The fuel economy is superb. I love everything about this vehicle. Basically this vehicle out performs camry, accord, and any other sedan in it's class by a long shot. If you are considering a Altima, quit thinking and go get you the best sedan ever built!

Favorite Features

CVT is awesome, so smooth you forget how fast you are going!! Bluetooth is great, I talk on the phone a lot. 5 star safety ratings all across the boards is nice! Everything!

Suggested Improvements

I honestly can not think of anything I would suggest to be changed.

Fun Car to Drive.
By Michael

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Although I do have some cons but overall experience has been great. My cons are the option package by Nissan, poorly put together. When changing lanes I do experience some blind spots. At last the interior design could be a bit better. Other then those, I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

The V6 engine and the 6speed M transmission are my favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

Better optional package. Interior design could use some improvements.