2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
What a car!
By Neil on 11/14/07 13:01 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded my '99 A6 for this Altima and have ZERO regrets. Handling is similar. The Altima with the 2.5 4-banger eats the Audi for lunch. Amazing power for a 4 cyl. The suspension is just stiff enough to feel sporty, yet does not sacrifice comfort. I've been actively trying to find something to find fault with, but have no complaints. Excellent value for the price. The fit and finish are top notch. Even the stock sound system was good enough that I didn't go for the Bose.

Best Car ever, except for Bose Speakers
By Charles on 11/13/07 19:57 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got this car brand new with 2 miles on it and have not stopped loving it ever since. I was looking at the Camry as well as the Accord, but the Altima stood up ahead of the other two. The CVT is awesome. For a 4 cylinder, it drives like a 6 cylinder. My only problem is that there is a rattling noise when I turn up the Bose speakers to volume 15 of 32. It sounds like something is loose in either the dash or the passenger door.

My thoughts
By lazywaste on 11/09/07 07:48 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is an awesome car, it rivals cars that cost 20-30,000 dollars more, trust me I drove them all. It needs a smoother ride and the driver's side blind spot to be fixed, in addition at 5'10" I feel as though I am too short for the car and as if I am below the sweet spot looking out. All told it's a great car and with a few minor adjustments it would be great, I'm very satisfied with it.

This is one awesome car!
By Jim from Maine on 11/06/07 12:18 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My super black 3.5 SE coupe is comfortable, great looking and most importantly, extremely fun to drive! I test drove a Lexus IS 250 the same day and there was no comparison. As a former Maxima owner, I have always been impressed by the quality and performance of Nissan cars and this coupe is no exception. It's quick, handles very well and turns heads. I haven't even let my wife drive it yet and I've had it a week!

Geezer Ride
By Mudflap on 11/03/07 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Test drove most everything prior to buying. I am most impressed by the CVT. Build quality excellent, and the ride is smooth and quiet. First distance drive was 3300 miles and gas mileage was 32 mpg.

Love it!
By MjWel on 11/03/07 05:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My favorite part is that its a definite head turner. I had never seen one until I saw it on the show room floor. I fell in love, so did my husband. This car has great handling and awesome horsepower. The body is sleek, nothing like the regular Nissan Altima.

Love My Coupe
By Bev on 10/31/07 20:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had been admiring the coupe since February. I thought it look so much like the G35. I started checking out the pricing and said Bingo! I've been driving a Toyota Solara for 5 years and was looking for something sporter. I purchased a "Code Red" coupe and I love it. Heads turn as I whiz by. When I park, people stop me to talk about the car. I always find reasons to go out to drive. It has great pick up and go. Love that I don't see a lot on the road!

I love my Altima
By tulip23 on 10/30/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It was time for me to get a new car and I could not be happier that I chose to get an Altima! I also considered a Mazda3, the new Honda CRV and the Camry and Accord. The Altima was the perfect combination for me. It is a roomy car with great amenities, but also has styling that I like. It looks a little sportier than some of the competitors.

Sweet Ride
By edmond clarke on 10/29/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

For the past few years I have been a dedicated Toyota Camry fan. When I did the research and drove the Nissan Altima I was very impressed. The car has great style and performance that puts my prior vehicle to shame. I recommend this vehicle to everyone who wants great value for the money.

Our Nissan
By Lucinda Nipper on 10/29/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Living in the state of West Virginia, we drive a lot of hills and curves; our new Nissan Altima Coupe makes driving those easy and fun. Curves are made a lot smoother and the car does not lean like my old car use to do. The autostick gives you manual when you need it especially when coming down a mountain, what a brake saver. We love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.