Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 382 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Vrooom
By Mogulz

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our Altima is the best accommodation of sportiness with practicality. The 3.5SE hugs the corners, and is fun to drive but you do feel every crack in the pavement. The CVT is cool. 270bhp is great and probably more than the car needs. The mileage is very good as long as you do not use the engine. Disciplined cruising at 65 with no silly sprints, this car delivers 30 mph (if you believe the on board computer), but at 75 it is closer to 26. On a recent trip from NJ to MA, we did 515 miles on 20 gallons. The trip computer said we got 27.1mpg, but a calculator says 25.75. The premium package offers bluetooth which we like a lot. The Bose stereo is excellent. The seats are OK.

Horsepower - smooth, generous and potent! Bluetooth - sensible and prudent. 40-60 folding back seat.

The design is the dash is utilitarian and functional. But it doesn't dazzle in the same way much of the other features in the car do.

Love my Altima
By sam

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Here in Canada the model is an SL. This car has outstanding fuel economy, I recently achieved 42mpg (imp. gal.)to and from work. This weekend we traveled through the Laurentian mountains and got 38mpg. This car is way better than a Camry and it's lousy shifting transmission, fit and finish the Altima beats it hands down. Anyone shopping for a midsize should put this car on the list, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Push button start, Homelink, Bose sound system + bluetooth hands free, the CVT. So smooth and quiet.

Maybe Michelin tires instead of Continental, but not a big deal.

Best of my Nissans
By Great Car

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned several Nissans most of them being various models of the Z car. I find this car to drive and handle better than all of them. I fell in love with this car the first time that I saw it and purchased the same day eventually driving it from Arizona to Texas. It really performed well and was very comfortable in driving cross country.

Dashboard illumination,controls on the steering wheel really caught my eye.Leg room was very good and the styling was excellent.

More variety in colors and interior. Larger tires and better fuel economy.Having automatic door locks would be a welcomed asset.

Fun economy car
By chris

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my altima for a few months now. It's comfortable and powerful. Averaging 28 mpg (30% city/70% highway) which is what I expected. The transmission is excellent though it takes a bit getting used to. The seats are comfortable and I can fit my 3 kids in the back (3 car seats). I compared it to other similar models and found it was more fun to drive than your camry, accord, fusion, sonata, etc. Between that, the looks, fuel economy and price, I found it was the perfect combination for my tastes.

Looks. CVT. Comfort and fun-to-drive quotient.

MP3 capable cd-player included on all models. Get another oem tire (the Continentals aren't very good for both noise and capabilities). Use trunk struts, not hinges. Add a little more resistance to the steering, it's almost too easy to turn at times (in the eye of the beholder of course).

Sweet
By Joseph

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my wife, who fell in love with it as soon as she saw it. Love the leather interior and looks. It also fits in our garage. my wife takes very good care of it (she doesn't want anyone else to drive it).

LOOKS, LOOKS, LOOKS and oh yeah gas mileage !!