2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Love It!
By Amanda on 07/10/09 22:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my altima coupe for about a year now. LOVE IT. Haven't had any problems with it. Drives really well,not good in the snow tho,but its also not built to drive in the snow. good sporty car,good or 2 people-4 is pushin it with space.

Looking Good
By Lee on 05/12/09 08:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really enjoy the impressive exterior styling and impressive acceleration that make this car fun to drive and be seen in. Great deals exist on new 2008's that are still in dealer inventory. Mine stickered at 32K, but bought for 26K.

Horrible
By Adriana on 05/09/09 10:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my altima coupe a little over a year ago. I have had nothing, but problems with it. I think I have been in rental more than my own car over the course of the year I've had it. Their is a problem with passenger airbag, tires are crap, makes ping noises all the time, engine revs to the point that it drives you crazy, and has horrible blind spots. The list can go on and on. I will never buy another nissan again!

im bored with it...
By Maverick600 on 05/05/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I thought this car was going to solve my car buying woes...i was wrong. Its and okay car if you just want something to drive. I want personality in the car. Buy a civic coupe. Its cheaper. It gets really good gas mileage. The trunk is really small. I can fit 1 golf bag and a duffle bag...thats it. The sound system has good speakers for just the base model. If your gonna buy get a manual trans. Its gonna be more fun than the cvt...its boring. smooth ride. i will give it that. the interior is built around the driver and i feel comfortable when in it. Just really bored with car. Would be awesome as rear wheel drive.

Love My Coupe
By Charlie on 05/03/09 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my 3.5 SE coupe for 6 months now and really love it! My favorite feature is the CVT in the shift mode - lots of fun to drive out here in the country. Haven't had any mechanical problems but only has 5,000 miles on it. Drove it all winter and had no problems with the snow (live in Toledo Ohio so we've had our share). Everyone in work loves the way it looks - precision gray with black leather. Car is a little nosier on the highway than my Monte Carlo SS was but this is my first foreign car so I guess I need to get used to it. Salesman didn't tell me the car needs to run on high test gas - gets about 21 mpg city/hw

Great Balanced Car!
By DanTheMan89 on 03/13/09 09:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

What a great car! This is the second car I've owned, my first was a gas guzzler. Stepping down from a Trans Am WS6 5.7 liter engine to a 2.5, I didn't expect the Altima to have much power at all. Man, was I wrong this car is a joy to drive. It's very spirited with the CVT, but also can get great gas mileage. I've been averaging 30mpg, 40 on long trips. Handling is superb also, I live down a long back road with many curves and It's exhilarating navigating the turns. I love the exterior of the car, It's just gorgeous and stands out from the crowd. I get compliments all the time! If your looking for a all around balanced sporty ride, look no further this is the car.

Still Very Happy
By Becca on 03/05/09 13:46 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a 6-speed 2.5 with Premium, and I special ordered it before they even arrived at the dealership. I was hesitant about Intelligent Key and the push-button start, but I really like both of them - especially the iKey for the safety factor. When gas was over $4.00 a gallon, I loved the 35 MPG I was getting on the highway! This is the nicest car I've ever owned, so I have very little criticism. I *did* have the whistling mirror issue, which the dealership quickly resolved. Also, my passenger seat shakes at high speed if nobody is sitting in it, and that can be somewhat distracting. No fix for that, I'm told.

Nice Car with Problems
By Disillusioned on 02/19/09 08:04 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in a WRX because wanted a better highway cruiser. Nice car inside and out, but had a couple of issues. Windows roll down by themselves, once overnight during freezing rain. Nissan mechanics could not fix that problem. The other issue was the CVT. On wet pavement with a fast takeoff the transmission would stay at around 4000 RPM unless you backed off completely from the gas and waited a few seconds. Really liked the looks, couldn't live with the two problems. Traded Altima in on a VW.

Another Nissan, Another Winner.
By Zack B on 02/12/09 13:15 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in my 04 Spec V on this car. One of the most difficult, yet one of the best things I've ever done. The Spec V was a wonderful bang for the buck, and I have graduated to the next level of bang for the buck with my new Altima Coupe SE with Premium Package. Hands down, this is the best daily driver sport coupe on the market. Plenty of performance without sacrificing comfort. The Bose stereo is fantastic. Homelink and Bluetooth systems are absolutely wonderful. Plenty of punch with the VQ35DE motor paired with the Xtronic CVT. Takes a bit of getting used to coming from a 6 speed manual. The speed can sneak up on you very easily as the car accelerates effortlessly at any RPM.

Manual transmission issue
By richard keyser on 02/09/09 17:54 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I find the interior to be rather cheap for a car of that price range. The dash looks cheap and the ride is not particularly smooth. I had a 15 year old Saab prior to this Nissan and it had less road noise and drove smoother than my new Nissan. Also every time I try to shift into second gear the manual transmission gives me trouble. Almost have to force it into second gear. Very disappointed in my purchase. Dealership not very helpful in fixing the problem. First and only Nissan I will ever own.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.