Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Very happy
By Ryan

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

You won't go wrong with this car! I drove all other major competitors and this one beat them (in price and creature comforts) hands down. I was skeptical of the CVT at first, but I absolutely love it now. I am a big guy and fit in this car very comfortably. Go Nissan!!

Favorite Features

CVT, push button start, keyless entry, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

The key fob's keys aren't set into the fob, so I tend to push them when I am driving. BETTER TIRES!!! Please!

Hmm
By snowfish

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well I have had the car for about 2 months now. There are a lot of things I like and some I don't. I traded in a fullsize truck for this car, so getting used to the smallness off the interior, and the low ground clearance has been tough. Also the lack of comfort and the road noise. I live in Alaska so some of the roads aren't smooth. I do however like the gas mileage. I am getting a little more than 550 mi. On a tank. That's mixed. The interior fabric is cheap ultra suede. Cannot be cleaned! I don't like the cheap plastic interior. For the price it should be much nicer. Am not totally happy with the car and find myself wishing for something else.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior

Nice vehicle
By Teal

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Felt silly about answering reliability question as car only has 4500 miles but like this car over all. Just came back after driving 600 miles this weekend and did not feel tired from the driving. Seems that no matter how I drive, that I am getting 30-31 mpg with it.

Favorite Features

CVT, drive train, Bose sound and navi system, overall cabin design as well as exterior design and suspension.

Suggested Improvements

I have the 2.5SL and wish it had daytime running lights and signal lights on the side view mirrors.

Would buy again
By Tom Thorn

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have put 5,000 miles on my Altima, no problems to date. Love the keyless ignition, comfortable, excellent performance for a 4 cylinder, mileage on highway has been in the 30 to 32 mpg range and looks great inside and out. Only complaint small trunk opening.

Favorite Features

Keyless ignition, telescoping steering column, smooth drivetrain in a 4 cylinder car

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk opening, folding outside mirrors on this model

Poor Brakes
By LC

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2008 Altima in March 08 and I have already had to have my rear brakes replaced and rotors filed down. Mind you I have only 10k miles on my car. I really like my car a lot however I don't know if I am too thrilled that I am having brake problems already.

Favorite Features

The body. The smooth ride. Push button. There is this feature that I call Lock your keys in the car proof. I have only locked my keys in the car once and that is because I locked the car with my husband's keys but if I would have left them in the car I would not have been able to lock

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, brakes, brakes and fuel tank size