2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Fun to Drive!!
By jason on 11/21/07 01:22 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Itís almost a month since I have this car and I love it! Iím a father to a 5 month old baby girl and whenever we go out she goes to sleep. The suspensions are awesome, excellent ride, very good acceleration! Mid-sized sedan with a character of a sports car!

I picked the Altima SL over Infiniti G35
By Pedal Down on 11/15/07 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is awesome to drive. I'm usually interested in the next class up in cars - saab, volvo, audi, infiniti, but for affordability and performance I had to have the new Altima. Its features beat out many of the Infiniti G35, which I was seriously looking at buying. With a family on the way, we needed something with a big backseat this has it. Its sporty styling is a great match for the sporty and responsive drive experience. I can't wait to get past the recommended 1200 mile break in period so I can drive this car like it want to be driven - FAST. I'm proud to say I'm a Nissan owner and love driving my Altima any chance I get. I also like there aren't many of these on the road yet.

What a car!
By Neil on 11/14/07 13:01 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded my '99 A6 for this Altima and have ZERO regrets. Handling is similar. The Altima with the 2.5 4-banger eats the Audi for lunch. Amazing power for a 4 cyl. The suspension is just stiff enough to feel sporty, yet does not sacrifice comfort. I've been actively trying to find something to find fault with, but have no complaints. Excellent value for the price. The fit and finish are top notch. Even the stock sound system was good enough that I didn't go for the Bose.

Best Car ever, except for Bose Speakers
By Charles on 11/13/07 19:57 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got this car brand new with 2 miles on it and have not stopped loving it ever since. I was looking at the Camry as well as the Accord, but the Altima stood up ahead of the other two. The CVT is awesome. For a 4 cylinder, it drives like a 6 cylinder. My only problem is that there is a rattling noise when I turn up the Bose speakers to volume 15 of 32. It sounds like something is loose in either the dash or the passenger door.

I love my Altima
By tulip23 on 10/30/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It was time for me to get a new car and I could not be happier that I chose to get an Altima! I also considered a Mazda3, the new Honda CRV and the Camry and Accord. The Altima was the perfect combination for me. It is a roomy car with great amenities, but also has styling that I like. It looks a little sportier than some of the competitors.

Sweet Ride
By edmond clarke on 10/29/07 19:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

For the past few years I have been a dedicated Toyota Camry fan. When I did the research and drove the Nissan Altima I was very impressed. The car has great style and performance that puts my prior vehicle to shame. I recommend this vehicle to everyone who wants great value for the money.

Awesome Car!
By solace on 10/22/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nissan cars have always been very reliable and good cars. The new Altimas are also one of the coolest looking cars on the road. The Nissan 3.5 liter engines are very quick. The CVT works great.

Pretty satisfied
By Pretty satisfied on 10/21/07 23:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ok, so I've been reading the reviews here and I must say, consumer knows best indeed. I purchased my 08 Altima on 10/19 and it has been a thrill! I love to CVT. I was going to going to get the 3.5 but my pockets wouldn't allow me. I happened to approach a 2.5 S that had leather seats put in along with the woodgrain kit so i went with it. I love the overall design and feel of the car. Great gas mileage. I just recently totalled out my Monte Carlo SS and needed some new wheels quick and this car saved the day. If you're looking for a low-key, stylish ride, this car is for you!

Glad to be back
By New York on 10/21/07 12:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a number of new vehicles and had left Nissan when I had a paint issue with my 2001 Altima. My last car was a 2004 Camry and when it came time to trade I headed back thinking I was going to like the new Camry's & was very disappointed. My husband & I decided to try Nissan again and fell in love with a 2008 Altima. Even though it's a 4cyl. with the CVT it's perfect. The price, style and options were amazing for the price. It definitely beat Toyota's line up. If you want something sporty, economical and fun to drive, this is it.

WOW! Great car for the money
By Dero210 on 10/19/07 12:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I traded my 05 GTO for the keys of an 07 Nissan Altima due to a baby on the way and all I can say is WOW. The interior is very roomy with a lot of head and leg room and a great amount of places to stash your extra belongings (wallet, mp3, cell phone). Even though the power is not comparable to a 6.0L v8 GTO, it was way more then I ever expected from a 3.5L V6. My first vehicle was an old Maxima and Nissan really makes some reliable cars. Combine that with some nice interior and head turning stlye and you have one great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.