2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sort Reviews by

Fun to Drive!!
By jason

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Itís almost a month since I have this car and I love it! Iím a father to a 5 month old baby girl and whenever we go out she goes to sleep. The suspensions are awesome, excellent ride, very good acceleration! Mid-sized sedan with a character of a sports car!

Favorite Features

CVT, push to start button.

Suggested Improvements

Noise proof cabin.

I picked the Altima SL over Infiniti G35
By Pedal Down

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is awesome to drive. I'm usually interested in the next class up in cars - saab, volvo, audi, infiniti, but for affordability and performance I had to have the new Altima. Its features beat out many of the Infiniti G35, which I was seriously looking at buying. With a family on the way, we needed something with a big backseat this has it. Its sporty styling is a great match for the sporty and responsive drive experience. I can't wait to get past the recommended 1200 mile break in period so I can drive this car like it want to be driven - FAST. I'm proud to say I'm a Nissan owner and love driving my Altima any chance I get. I also like there aren't many of these on the road yet.

Favorite Features

CVT is an awesome ride experience with a "gearless" feel. Push button start, keyless - remoteless entry, V6, XM, quick off the line, Bose sound system, bluetooth that recognizes my phone every time I get in the car - not like those bluetooth headsets you have to sync with your phone all day long.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had paddle shifing and wish there was an AWD available.

What a car!
By Neil

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded my '99 A6 for this Altima and have ZERO regrets. Handling is similar. The Altima with the 2.5 4-banger eats the Audi for lunch. Amazing power for a 4 cyl. The suspension is just stiff enough to feel sporty, yet does not sacrifice comfort. I've been actively trying to find something to find fault with, but have no complaints. Excellent value for the price. The fit and finish are top notch. Even the stock sound system was good enough that I didn't go for the Bose.

Favorite Features

Handling, ride quality, CVT, power, fuel economy, styling both inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

I'll let you know when I think of something :)

Best Car ever, except for Bose Speakers
By Charles

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got this car brand new with 2 miles on it and have not stopped loving it ever since. I was looking at the Camry as well as the Accord, but the Altima stood up ahead of the other two. The CVT is awesome. For a 4 cylinder, it drives like a 6 cylinder. My only problem is that there is a rattling noise when I turn up the Bose speakers to volume 15 of 32. It sounds like something is loose in either the dash or the passenger door.

Favorite Features

Body style, CVT, touch start.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really other than my rattling Bose speaker problem.

I love my Altima
By tulip23

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It was time for me to get a new car and I could not be happier that I chose to get an Altima! I also considered a Mazda3, the new Honda CRV and the Camry and Accord. The Altima was the perfect combination for me. It is a roomy car with great amenities, but also has styling that I like. It looks a little sportier than some of the competitors.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Bluetooth phone feature, keyless ignition.

Suggested Improvements

Side view mirrors seem small to me. I would prefer if they were a bit bigger.

Sweet Ride
By edmond clarke

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

For the past few years I have been a dedicated Toyota Camry fan. When I did the research and drove the Nissan Altima I was very impressed. The car has great style and performance that puts my prior vehicle to shame. I recommend this vehicle to everyone who wants great value for the money.

Favorite Features

Vehicle style and handling, engine performance, interior convenience package and comfort are excellent. The CVT is a great feature. Everything is nice and smooth. The push button start and automatic on/off headlights are also great.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe the passenger seat could be power assisted, but not really necessary. Otherwise, the vehicle needs no improvements. Why mess with perfection.

Awesome Car!
By solace

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Nissan cars have always been very reliable and good cars. The new Altimas are also one of the coolest looking cars on the road. The Nissan 3.5 liter engines are very quick. The CVT works great.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling, how the lines meet at the taillights, the taillights themselves are also really cool..

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Pretty satisfied
By Pretty satisfied

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Ok, so I've been reading the reviews here and I must say, consumer knows best indeed. I purchased my 08 Altima on 10/19 and it has been a thrill! I love to CVT. I was going to going to get the 3.5 but my pockets wouldn't allow me. I happened to approach a 2.5 S that had leather seats put in along with the woodgrain kit so i went with it. I love the overall design and feel of the car. Great gas mileage. I just recently totalled out my Monte Carlo SS and needed some new wheels quick and this car saved the day. If you're looking for a low-key, stylish ride, this car is for you!

Favorite Features

Leather interior, woodgrain, of course CVT, push start, no more fumbling for keys upon entering vehicle, the smell of a new car : )

Glad to be back
By New York

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned a number of new vehicles and had left Nissan when I had a paint issue with my 2001 Altima. My last car was a 2004 Camry and when it came time to trade I headed back thinking I was going to like the new Camry's & was very disappointed. My husband & I decided to try Nissan again and fell in love with a 2008 Altima. Even though it's a 4cyl. with the CVT it's perfect. The price, style and options were amazing for the price. It definitely beat Toyota's line up. If you want something sporty, economical and fun to drive, this is it.

Favorite Features

The exterior is beautiful, great mileage and it handles great.

Suggested Improvements

The backseat is not that comfortable.

WOW! Great car for the money
By Dero210

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I traded my 05 GTO for the keys of an 07 Nissan Altima due to a baby on the way and all I can say is WOW. The interior is very roomy with a lot of head and leg room and a great amount of places to stash your extra belongings (wallet, mp3, cell phone). Even though the power is not comparable to a 6.0L v8 GTO, it was way more then I ever expected from a 3.5L V6. My first vehicle was an old Maxima and Nissan really makes some reliable cars. Combine that with some nice interior and head turning stlye and you have one great car.

Favorite Features

CVT is great, good MPG, huge trunk, wonderful power (0-60 in 5.9s).

Suggested Improvements

None.