2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
not comfortable for long distance trips
By Gwen on 12/16/07 06:51 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought an Altima with cloth seats and I just want to note that driving in this vehicle for more than 45 minutes can really make your back and tailbone start hurting. I drive an hour each way to work sometimes more and I just can't wait to get out of the car. For short trips, the cars great! It is a beautiful car, if comfort is what you're looking for, I'd look elsewhere.

Not So Great Experience
By Denise on 12/12/07 10:43 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my vehicle, everything was great until I rolled the drivers side window down to experience a sound like breaks scrapping. Took it in for service, they addmited not ever hearing of this issue before, they called Nissan tech support, they advised to replace the door seals. Today is day 6, they told me vehicle is ready for pick up and that sound I am hearing is characteristic of that vehicle, huh??? I contacted Nissan Consumer affairs still waiting... Make sure if your looking you roll the window down and listen for any strange sounds. In my case, it would happen at 50mph. In addition the dash digital display had to be replaced, can you say lemon

I Love My Niss!
By Tana on 12/08/07 08:16 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I came across the fact of needing a new car, school commuter. I'm very picky when choosing stuff that I'll invest my money on, specially a vehicle! I went around lots of dealers trying to find a car that would meet my expectations and most of all, fit my budget! I test drove the New Accord, Civic, CRV, Toyota Camry, VW passat & jetta and even the new Nissan Rogue, I wasn't even thinking about getting an Altima. I went to the dealership on a saturday morning and ended up spending 4 hrs getting info on the new altima. I test drove and let me tell you, I couldn't b happier! I fell in love with the car in an instant! Ive had it for 2 months n have no regrets! I love my 08 sedan!

Finally! A Good Car
By Denise on 12/04/07 09:04 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased my Altima and I love it. I love the way it handles, the interior is really nice also. I test drove the Hyundai and the Kia Optima and you can't compare them to the Altima. Forget the Toyota Camry unless you like an old lady looking car.

Smooth, Powerful, Fun to Drive
By mikescelly on 12/03/07 21:09 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is fun. I've only been driving it a few days, but I can't get enough of it. The powerful 3.5 with 270hp is more than enough and the CVT handles the power so well, you literally do not feel a "shift", it's amazing!

Awesome!!
By Dee on 11/28/07 09:02 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this over Thanksgiving and I love it! It's very solid and hugs corners well. I previously owned a 2004 Camry and it also was solid but it lacked style and power.You won't be disappointed. I bought mine in Georgia while on vacation and drove it back to Chicago. All I can say is "WOW". It feels like a luxury sedan without the luxury price.If you buy the baselne it's worth adding the SL Package.

Just bought 2008, 3.5 with Tech Package
By Mrdeeds on 11/25/07 20:21 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great looking car! Fun to drive. Accelerates great. Nice interior look. Gauges easy to use and read. Have the navigation system. Very easy to use. Nice readout. Fuel economy is just OK. About 22 mpg combined, with 1000 miles on it. It takes a while to get used to the keyless entry with no key for the ignition. Bluetooth set up is great with cell phone. Voice recognition system is TERRIBLE for both navigating and trying to phone someone. Went to the dealer twice now with no help. It is about 40-50 % accurate, which is not acceptable to me. Navigation and phone features "gray out" once you start to drive. Supposedly a safety feature, but very annoying.

From TX
By chong on 11/25/07 15:12 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great sedan. Without transmission delay and with the powerful 2.5l engine's drive, it's really a great experience for a driver. Lots of fun, all of my family loves it: toddler, husband, wife. We really love it.

First 4 months
By naysay on 11/22/07 06:16 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Solid car for the price! The stock tires on it are no good!

2.5 SL w/nav and Loving It
By Jeff on 11/21/07 09:49 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in 2 gas guzzlers, 15.5 and 18.5 mpg. I'm now getting 27 mpg traveling the same route. I always wanted an Infiniti but couldn't justify the price, mpg, and rwd. The 2.5 is fine performance wise, the SL, connection, and nav packages give you everything you could need. Things I miss are memory seats, power pass seat, and folding mirrors. The 3.5 folding mirrors with turn signals will swap out for less than $300. The car has state of the art features and is well put together. I purchased on 11/12/07 and have 500 miles on her. I'm looking forward to many more.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.