Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 256 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

So Smooth!
By Grace

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in an '02 Honda for this car and am so glad I did. I can't believe all the features that this car offers for just over $20k. I dislike the way Nissan lumps their options but the S model has everything I wanted without going overboard. I'm sure I will get a speeding ticket and this car has some power to only have 4cly. I have to keep the cruise set otherwise I find myself going 80 and don't even realize it. I researched the new Camry, Accord, and Malibu and this won hands down in my book. From safety to features, to the ride. It a family sedan with a sleek look that is so sexy! And you have to admit the push button start is so much fun.

Push button start, keyless door and trunk entry, adjustable steering wheel, lighted dash panel, huge glove box, tons of cup holders, 3 sets of car seat hooks, 60/40 split seat

Audio controls on the steering wheel for S models and fold in side-view mirrors

You may want to look elsewhere
By MCITV08

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, the new 2008 Altima is much larger, more stylish and much "different" car. The Altima's CVT is something to get very used to; not hearing the shifts or feeling when the car is shifting makes the car feel like it's constantly whining. However having that constant thrust of flowing power is also a positive. Personally, Nissan never lived up to the expectation of Toyota or Honda, but this Nissan (especially the coupe) may have Honda buyers look at Nissan. However, take one ride in a new 2008 Honda Accord, and you won't ever look back at Nissan.

CVT, hate it and love it. Great stereo system. Very comfortable seating positions.

Performance is very plain. Steering is too light to the point where you don't know what the car is doing. Interior fit and finish is typical Nissan where everything is covered in cheap plastics.

About what we Expected
By cb

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the 2.5S Altima in June. Two months and two thousand miles later I can report fuel mileage at 27 in mixed driving. The car says 29, but fill and calculate gives 2 mpg less every time. At least it is consistent. We have not had any major problems yet, but the trunk hinge spring now rattles and we can see that some of the paint job is not as good as we might have hoped. We are satisfied with the purchase and the car does come with features that should be standard everywhere like the keyless ignition.

Keyless ignition, CVT

Better OEM tires, better quality control.

Made the Right Choice!
By Mike

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I shopped around for the past 8 months, trying to decide between the Camry SE V6, Accord EX V6, or the Altima 3.5 SE Sedan. I ran the numbers, test drove all three and made it a point to get opinions from owners of each of them. From all of my research, I finally purchased the Altima the other day and can say that I have made the right choice! This car is amazing, CVT is smooth as silk, engine has loads of power, interior quality is top notch and so far I am getting excellent gas mileage.

Rear styling, CVT, V6 power, 17" tires/rims, dual exhaust, push button start, instrumentation very user friendly, downright fun to drive!

Front of car needs a little bit more style, driver seats are too flat- dont give adequate thigh support for someone with long legs, Nissan has to restructure their option packages.

Great car with a few improvements needed
By tmac

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Researched everything in its class. Liked the sports car handling of the Accords, luxurious and quiet ride of Camry, but the Altima was a combination of both. Biggest trunk for my work stuff, most comfortable driving position (armrests, steering wheel position awesome). Driver's legroom amazing. SL/Connection package great! CVT very odd but it works well. Pushbutton start is really cool. Only things need to be addressed are better rim/tire sizes. "T" rated 60 series tire gives great ride but mushy handling. Should come with "H" rating. Steering feedback is way to light, car wonders a little a speed. Trunk hinges are for cheap domestic cars not imports. I'm very picky and very happy.

Pushbutton start, CVT good, overall driver comfort, gas mileage is what expected from sticker. Quiet, smooth ride. Overall looks inside and out. Would recommend to anybody so far.

Weird rims/tires for a sportier car. Steering way too light, lose all feel for the fun car that it is.Trunk hinges eat up usable trunk space. No power passenger seat in SL package? WANT XENON HEADLIGHTS in this class of cars standard!