2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Loaded 2.5 SL w/navigation and bluetooth
By AltimaOwner on 01/10/08 13:12 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Great ride, smooth acceleration, the CVT is awesome. Very comfortable driver's seat, power lumbar support is a nice feature. I've owned a Toyota Camry and Honda Accord - both are great cars - but this Altima is a great combination of both a sporty drive and great gas mileage, and a slightly better price than Toyota or Honda. I hope it holds up as well as my Toyotas and Hondas.

Altima is a sweet ride!!!
By MSP on 01/08/08 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 4cyl Altima w/the Tech Package. I tried the Accord, and Camry, but for the entire package the Altima is hands down a finer car. The CVT is out of this world, the Bose radio has an excellent sound, the smooth ride, plus I got the bluetooth & navigation system, the keyless entry no looking for keys or buttons to push (except to start the car). I got 28mpg on the 1st tank of gas also. The only thing I failed to get was the Xenon headlights that come on the 6cyl only. Plenty of power though at 178hp. I am very pleased at having bought this car. You will too!!

Curiosity
By anasity on 01/03/08 03:59 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have just purchased this vehicle within the last week. It hasn't quite been a week yet. I've only driven it around the city and have yet to test it out on the road. So far I like the way it feels when driving. The ride is smooth. I love the exterior design and the quality seems to be good. As far as the reliability, I will have reserve comments on that for now. I am satisfied with the interior design as well.

Fun & Comfort
By daveton on 12/30/07 23:36 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The car drives very smooth, the CVT is amazing. Surprising acceleration for a 4 cyl. The SL package, though expensive, comes with everything one could ask for. The controls are well placed and easy to use. Tons of storage space in trunk and lots of small hidden storage places inside the car. Excellent car!

Best sedan hands down
By clangille on 12/30/07 19:41 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This has to be the most powerful & smooth 4 cylinder engine ever built. Not worth the extra for the 6 cylinder, trust me. The drive and handling are comparable to that of a $40k-$50k sedan. Interior is quiet, comfortable and extremely roomy. You get alot of car for the money, with great standard features. Vehicle is sleek and classy yet sporty all at once. Great gas mileage as well. Excellent all around car!

Great Car
By irish27 on 12/30/07 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very enjoyable car to drive. Quick, corners well, Premium Package adds lots of luxury touches. Looks amazing and you do not see thousands of them on the road. I cannot believe Edmunds likes the Accord Coupe better, my family and I saw one the other day and nobody liked the looks of it at all.

What a difference
By Jeff W on 12/26/07 18:00 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased my 08 fully loaded V6 6Sp to replace my 350z, the quality of the car is a step up from the 350z which was priced higher when new. I also had a 2002 3.5 se 5 speed altima that I loved and this car is 400x better in every way. The feel, the quality of the materials, the options make this car a rich car for the money. The altima handles great and is plenty fast with bluetooth, navi, backup camera to satisfy my tech cravings. All in all I am extremely pleased with the car, although I miss the sweet purr of the 350z exhaust, but thats fixed easy.

Where's the downside?
By Mke on 12/22/07 16:58 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this Altima 2.5SL for a week. I love the car. Brand new it averages 29 mpg. It is reasonably luxurious, comfortable, quiet, and smooth. I'm still waiting to find something I don't like. What an awesome car!

So far so good
By Dbubba on 12/22/07 02:59 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Like most who have driven this car I found that the 2.5 with CVT is a good combination of power and efficiency. I own several large vehicles so fuel cost is a concern with my daily driver. With only 50 miles on it my car is already posting an average of 27 mpg vs the 14 my truck gets. Nissan has done a good job with isolating the driver from engine and transmission noise common on 4 cylinder engines. when driven normally you can barely hear the engine.

Best on the road for the price
By shainlinecourt on 12/17/07 18:16 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We've only had this car for about a week and we have over 500 miles on it already. We got the sl pkg which bumped the car up a bit in price but worth it. I drove the 3.5 and it wasn't worth the extra money in my opinion. The 2.5 is plenty fast for what we do and most others. I did a lot of research and feel this is the best out there at this price point.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.