2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Geezer Ride
By Mudflap on 11/03/07 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Test drove most everything prior to buying. I am most impressed by the CVT. Build quality excellent, and the ride is smooth and quiet. First distance drive was 3300 miles and gas mileage was 32 mpg.

Love it!
By MjWel on 11/03/07 05:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My favorite part is that its a definite head turner. I had never seen one until I saw it on the show room floor. I fell in love, so did my husband. This car has great handling and awesome horsepower. The body is sleek, nothing like the regular Nissan Altima.

Love My Coupe
By Bev on 10/31/07 20:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had been admiring the coupe since February. I thought it look so much like the G35. I started checking out the pricing and said Bingo! I've been driving a Toyota Solara for 5 years and was looking for something sporter. I purchased a "Code Red" coupe and I love it. Heads turn as I whiz by. When I park, people stop me to talk about the car. I always find reasons to go out to drive. It has great pick up and go. Love that I don't see a lot on the road!

Our Nissan
By Lucinda Nipper on 10/29/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Living in the state of West Virginia, we drive a lot of hills and curves; our new Nissan Altima Coupe makes driving those easy and fun. Curves are made a lot smoother and the car does not lean like my old car use to do. The autostick gives you manual when you need it especially when coming down a mountain, what a brake saver. We love it.

Finally, someone built a fun car again
By Uncle Al in Md on 10/26/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I waited until I made a good deal on this car before I test drove it. I was not in any way disappointed. I've been carefully breaking it in over the past few weeks and I like it more each time I drive it. My dogs can get in the back seat easy and seem to enjoy the view when they go for a cruise. All instruments are laid out to use easily. I'm going easy the 1st few thousand miles so I'm doing things in stages. I like the keyless starting and all the displays. The a/c works fine and the std radio is good. I didn't get the 3 high $$ options but I did get the cheap 3 and the new homelink/compass option mirror - a great deal! Only 3 other cars in 38 years have had me so excited.

Don't See the Issues
By Dan on 10/13/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Compared to the Toyota Solara (4 cyl) I've driven for the past four years (disliking it more every day) the Altima Coupe 2.5 S is an exhilarating experience. The Altima accelerates quickly, the Solara hesitates; the Altima gives you a feel for the road, the Solara drives like a big luxury car. If you're looking for something that drives like a "land yacht", buy the Solara. If you're looking for something that's just fun to drive, the Altima is a good choice.

Picked over a Honda & Toyota
By Dawn on 10/12/07 11:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We completely love the car. We picked this car over a Honda Accord and a Toyota Camry. We drove all three and the lowest model of the Nissan had a smoother ride then the Accord or Camry. I have always loved Hondas and have owned one but the Nissan's ride and look was much nicer. The Camry and Altima both have a great style but you get more for the money with the Nissan and the ride was better also. If you are thinking about the Altima you can’t go wrong. One warning, if you want the 3.5, get your insurance quote first, the 2.5 was not that bad.

Fun to drive and looks great
By Charlie Zarzour on 10/07/07 05:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had been shopping for a small sports car, but when I saw the 2 door coupe my mind changed. The 3.5 270 hp engine is very fast. Price point on the car is tough to beat for the horsepower, features and looks. I would recommend the Premium package and also the 3.5 over the 2.5. The 2.5 is better on gas mileage, but the 3.5 will put a smile on your face when you push down on it. This is my third Nissan. Had a Stanza with 180,000 and Frontier with 145,000. You can not beat Nissan quality. I do a lot of interstate driving and the gas mileage is good. On 2 lane roads the car passes other cars with a lot of confidence.

Fell in love at first sight
By Mary on 09/28/07 05:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had 2 Nissan Maximas and was ready to turn in my lease for a 4 door Altima 2007. When I saw the 2 dr coupe, I fell in love at first sight. The car is awesome on gas which was exactly what I needed (driving 6 cyl Max for ten years). Not as spacious as the Max, however still comfortable and fun to drive. To date, have only seen 5 on the road... cool! Have been stopped by people on the road wondering what model it is. Truly love the car!

Altima coupe 2.5S CVT
By joe on 09/15/07 06:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased in June. Great looking car. Plenty of power. Handles well but the ride is too soft, a bit mushy for me. Car feels as if it's floating at certain speeds, mainly under 40 mph. Brakes a bit touchy but seem powerful. Visibility is very good except for backing up. Big blind spot. Need to be very good at using mirrors. Great looking color in the Azure Blue, but very, very hard to keep clean. Curious to see how it handles the snow, I live in the northeast. MPG is OK.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.