Used 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great performance but terrible comfort
By Chris

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5s has a great engine and transmission compared to the Hondas, Hyundais and even Chevrolets that I have owned. Nissan really has it down when it comes to their drive trains but I have never had front seats on any vehicle that I have ever owned, including my 1956 Chevrolet pickup, that were as uncomfortable as my Altima seats are. After less than one hour of driving my rear end is more sore than it would be if I was riding my mountain bike. The seats look good but they are so stiff and lack any kind of suspension what-so-ever. I haven't tried fixing it yet but I think that I am going to try changing the foam cushioning in the seat bottom and see how it affects my bottom. Besides the uncomfortable front seats I really like the car. I get about 28 mpg around town and 37 mpg on the highway, it has great brakes and handles good for a midsize sedan. I would highly recommend for anyone to purchase the Altima except for the granite front seats.

Never Again
By Aaron

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have never had a vehicle that has had as many issues as my Altima. In the last year I've had an exhaust manifold crack, suspension issues, cracked axle, seized brake caliper, rusted exhaust covers, window switch go bad, key fob fail, cracked windshield, and intermittent starting issues that several mechanics have failed to figure out what the problem is. This car is a money pit. All of my american made cars were much older with higher mileage and I never had nearly as many issues with those cars.

sporty little economy car
By Chris

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car over 7 years ago, and it has taken us on several trips without any issues. Other than a new battery from time to time and oil changes often, this car has been great to us. Just recently, on a trip to Florida, I noticed the transmission was slipping a bit and the cruise control would not work because the sensor de-activated it, and the engine light came on. I pulled into a autozone store and they checked it quickly and advised that the transmission needed to be repaired or replaced. I drove the car a little slower on the last leg of the trip home without any problems. When I got home, I researched the site about complaints on certain cars, and discovered that the Altima had some issues. To my surprise the transmission had a 120Kmile warranty and my car had a little over 105K miles on it. I took it to Carriage Nissan in Gainesville Ga. and Alex, the service person gave me Great news. The transmission needed to be replaced and it was covered, 100%. He ordered a new transmission and the following day it arrived and I dropped my car off and was given a brand new Altima while mine was being fixed. two days later , my car was ready and just like they said, no charge and the loaner car was free. I cannot say enough of how well they treated me and Nissan's warranties are legit. I'm looking forward to a couple more years out of the car, and they definitely made that possible. This is the best 17 thousand dollars I ever spent.

Tired of visiting the dealership.
By Frustrated

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2008 Altima new in 2008. This is one of my mistakes. I like the style of the car. I have spent more time in the service department than I would like. Recently my car is making a whining noise while driving over 60 mph. It stalled on the interstate and I had it towed to the dealership, they kept my car for 3 days and said they could not find anything wrong with it. I am doing research online at this time.

The push button start.

The transmission stalling.

Worst car we ever owned
By hubiedo

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

It is terribly uncomfortable on long trips as the seats do not have a lower back support. Poor interior design with the parking brake so close to the brake. We continue to have problems with the front brakes (replaced 2x) and shimmy when applied. The motor surges when accelerating from a stop. Rear antenna or wiring continually is causing bad radio reception and cd playing to skip on the cd's. We believe it is the wiring connection and have replaced the cd player 2x. Local radio stations will not play more than 15 miles from town.

none

parking brake moved away from brake pedal toward the left foot panel. better seat design.