Used 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

The 2008 is GREAT!
By Katrina L. Williams

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I brought this car brand new in 2008. I have Loved this body style of car since it first launched!! Having been a 4 cylinder girl most of my life, I wanted something with a little KICK, so I opted for the 3.5 SL. Black heated leather seats, Sunroof, 6 Disc Bose stereo, the works for that year. I have fallen in love with this vehicle time and time again. The take off is phenomenal and year to date, i've only had to replace brakes, Battery, and tires. I keep the oil changed and keep her exterior clean. Although she is a 'low-rider' she still proves herself to be worthy time and time again. I have never had any issues with the mechanics of the push start, although 7 years later, I am having difficulties with the motor on the windows (to be expected), and for some odd reason the back left passenger door is beginning to hold water when it rains. Other than that she is THE PERFECT VEHICLE. Gas mileage is ok, but I'm still loving the CVT transmission. When I first purchased her, she didn't get much play, as she was 'the second vehicle', but with just over 72,000 miles and daily commutes over 2 hours per day, she's handling Well.

Poor shock absorbers
By Gino

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We live in a condo complex that has 5 speed bumps. The car scrapes bottom when carrying 4 passengers or if the trunk is full of personal items. Also have had problems with tire wear and more noticeable after having rotated the tires.

Love the Bose sound system, quiet ride and its quick response.

Increase the strength of the shocks or suspension system.

Pleased at 16k
By slingshot

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought car 3/08 and now have over 16k. So far no trips back to the dealer. Getting 24mpg in suburban driving and averaging 30-31 highway at 70-75mph. Very happy with gas mileage with all this power. Continental tires have provided smooth quiet ride to go with extremely quiet engine, which compliments a great sound system. Have found seats very comfortable for long drives. Gauges and buttons easy to use/follow. Trunk plenty spacious and nice having fold down split rear seats. Worth having the leather seats (heated - works great) and the other additional options like heated mirrors. Worth it. Debated between the 4 & 6. Worth it to pay for the 6 for the quiet and powerful engine

Good gas mileage with all that power. You need to pass someone quickly - no problem. Quiet engine. Superb Bose sound system. Problem free. Key Fob nice BUT I'm blowing through batteries in both units every month. I'd buy this car again and recommend it based on my experience.

Key FOB battery life. Better paint/clearcoat quality. Paint chips much easier than any other car I have ever had. Better outside mirrors needed to eliminate large blind area. Dual climate control for passenger side doesn't work very effectively. Rework horn so you don't have to push so dam hard

GREAT CAR
By KARL

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car is very comfortable and roomy. I have owned the car for a year now. Handling, brakes, acceleration are excellent. Parking takes a bit of prep because it is longer than the VW I used to drive. I would give this car a 9/10 rating.

Quality build, power, comfort and features

The original battery with the new car died twice after the car had been driven. Must have been a cheap battery. It was replaced, no problems since. Due to quiet engine I have left the car running without realizing it. I come back and find the engine running. Amusing to my family!

Buyer beware
By fmosoy

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased this car after considering Acura TL among the usual suspects in the same price range. I wish I had sprung for the extra 5000 dollars, as it seems like a bargain after five months of ownership. Nissan's interior quality is shameful to be generous.This car has more rattles than Mazda I traded in. Panel gaps and sagging interior pieces are too numerous to mention. It is very fast and reasonable handling/ride and provides good 24.5 miles per gallon. Nissan has now gone on my never will buy again list.

bluetooth wireless hands free should be standard on all cars

Fix the interior it is cheap feeling which I knew about but also poorly put together