Used 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Poor shock absorbers
By Gino

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We live in a condo complex that has 5 speed bumps. The car scrapes bottom when carrying 4 passengers or if the trunk is full of personal items. Also have had problems with tire wear and more noticeable after having rotated the tires.

Favorite Features

Love the Bose sound system, quiet ride and its quick response.

Suggested Improvements

Increase the strength of the shocks or suspension system.

Pleased at 16k
By slingshot

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought car 3/08 and now have over 16k. So far no trips back to the dealer. Getting 24mpg in suburban driving and averaging 30-31 highway at 70-75mph. Very happy with gas mileage with all this power. Continental tires have provided smooth quiet ride to go with extremely quiet engine, which compliments a great sound system. Have found seats very comfortable for long drives. Gauges and buttons easy to use/follow. Trunk plenty spacious and nice having fold down split rear seats. Worth having the leather seats (heated - works great) and the other additional options like heated mirrors. Worth it. Debated between the 4 & 6. Worth it to pay for the 6 for the quiet and powerful engine

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage with all that power. You need to pass someone quickly - no problem. Quiet engine. Superb Bose sound system. Problem free. Key Fob nice BUT I'm blowing through batteries in both units every month. I'd buy this car again and recommend it based on my experience.

Suggested Improvements

Key FOB battery life. Better paint/clearcoat quality. Paint chips much easier than any other car I have ever had. Better outside mirrors needed to eliminate large blind area. Dual climate control for passenger side doesn't work very effectively. Rework horn so you don't have to push so dam hard

GREAT CAR
By KARL

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car is very comfortable and roomy. I have owned the car for a year now. Handling, brakes, acceleration are excellent. Parking takes a bit of prep because it is longer than the VW I used to drive. I would give this car a 9/10 rating.

Favorite Features

Quality build, power, comfort and features

Suggested Improvements

The original battery with the new car died twice after the car had been driven. Must have been a cheap battery. It was replaced, no problems since. Due to quiet engine I have left the car running without realizing it. I come back and find the engine running. Amusing to my family!

Buyer beware
By fmosoy

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased this car after considering Acura TL among the usual suspects in the same price range. I wish I had sprung for the extra 5000 dollars, as it seems like a bargain after five months of ownership. Nissan's interior quality is shameful to be generous.This car has more rattles than Mazda I traded in. Panel gaps and sagging interior pieces are too numerous to mention. It is very fast and reasonable handling/ride and provides good 24.5 miles per gallon. Nissan has now gone on my never will buy again list.

Favorite Features

bluetooth wireless hands free should be standard on all cars

Suggested Improvements

Fix the interior it is cheap feeling which I knew about but also poorly put together

Disappointed
By Jason

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle is noisy and the ride is rough. I have been back to the dealership and they told me that tire complaints are common. Nissan is using sub-standard tires trying to keep costs down!

Favorite Features

Maybe the looks.

Suggested Improvements

Pay some attention to the suspension and ride harshness.