Used 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Still Very Happy
By Becca

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted a 6-speed 2.5 with Premium, and I special ordered it before they even arrived at the dealership. I was hesitant about Intelligent Key and the push-button start, but I really like both of them - especially the iKey for the safety factor. When gas was over $4.00 a gallon, I loved the 35 MPG I was getting on the highway! This is the nicest car I've ever owned, so I have very little criticism. I *did* have the whistling mirror issue, which the dealership quickly resolved. Also, my passenger seat shakes at high speed if nobody is sitting in it, and that can be somewhat distracting. No fix for that, I'm told.

Favorite Features

Intelligent Key, in-dash satellite radio, 20 gallon fuel tank, Bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

The trunk's capacity doesn't need to be bigger, but it would be nice if the opening was somehow bigger.

Manual transmission issue
By richard keyser

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I find the interior to be rather cheap for a car of that price range. The dash looks cheap and the ride is not particularly smooth. I had a 15 year old Saab prior to this Nissan and it had less road noise and drove smoother than my new Nissan. Also every time I try to shift into second gear the manual transmission gives me trouble. Almost have to force it into second gear. Very disappointed in my purchase. Dealership not very helpful in fixing the problem. First and only Nissan I will ever own.

Favorite Features

Body style.

Suggested Improvements

interior looks like a ford escort, cheap materials inside, driving comfort not particularly great for a car of that level/ price range.

Excellent purchase
By Darryl

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I love everything about this car. It was an impulse buy for me but have no regrets. The moment I saw the car I knew I had to have it. The car drives very smoothly, and has some get up and go power. The gas mileage is remarkable!

Favorite Features

The style of the car is awesome.

Buy One!
By Keith

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2003 Murano for the 08 Altima coupe with Premium and Technology packages. Drove Honda Accord, Civic, Camry; none compared. Much quieter, sportier, better features. Drives like a dream around corners and on fwy. Got MSRP out the door inc. Phantom recovery system. Added 6-yr. full extended warranty for $850. Love the Red exterior/tan interior combo. First tank of gas averaged 28 city/hwy. Sweet steering and CVT make it a dream to drive. Love the convenience of Intelligent Key, Bluetooth, and navigations system.

Favorite Features

Styling, CVT, Bluetooth, navigation, Intelligent Key, steering, on-board computer with mileage meter, etc., deep glove box.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger sideview mirrors; larger trunk, easier access to back seat. Seats belt connection to side panel a bit awkward. But none of these would make me abandon my baby!

Great little car.
By jim

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Recently bought the car for my wife. Have taken it on a few short road trips. Car is fun to drive, fuel economy was out of this world, powerful beyond belief.