Used 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

5 years, 60k miles
By stevewaclo

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Noticed only one other review for a Coupe with some miles on it, so thought I'd share my experience. Took delivery in January of '08 and other than a broken limit strap on the driver door, the car has been flawless. Fuel economy on the V6 has been as high as 32 @ 70 (Hwy, measured several times at fill-up and around 20 in town with combined in the low 20's. Although designed for premium, I've used regular. Performance is excellent with some torque steer on hard launch. One track day, with VDC off, was a hoot. Excellent for long trips and plenty of room for skis, with the back seats down. Plus, it takes someone who knows the car to know an '08 from the current model.

Favorite Features

Styling, performance and handling are excellent. Roomy interior, comfortable heated leather seats, automatic dual climate control, auto-dimming rear-view mirror and 6disk Bose sound have made for enjoyable travels. HID headlamps and LED lamps in the mirrors improve safety and visibility. Seldom use the sun roof but it's there when I want it. Keyless entry and push-button start are a major convenience.

Suggested Improvements

Long reach back the seat belts and some interior finishes could have been softer plastic. Dual mass flywheel makes for somewhat abrupt clutch take up and easy stalls. Rear visibility is sketchy...use a spotter or get a back-up camera :-).

This car is crap
By melgoodman77

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car used with 34,000 miles on it. I didn't even have it 24 hours and the clutch stuck to the floor while I was doing 75 mph. The dealer said that the hydrolics on the clutch had gone and they also had to replace the master cylinder and the slay cylinder. I have only owned this car a little under 2 months. The gas milage of this car is horrible. I get 18 mpg even when it says I am getting more. The gas light comes on when the gas gauge is only have 1/4 of a tank. Now there is a large clunking sound in the front end of the car and the dearship said they adjusted my subframe. It is still making the clunking noise and needs to go back in. LEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

THe seats are comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots are pretty bad.

All wheel to front wheel... hmm, No Good!
By fourbyforever

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in an Audi A6 2.7t for this car. After spending seven months and 9600 miles spinning the tires on dry pavement with traction control on, I figured it was going to snow soon. I traded it in for a 09 Impreza wrx. So far I think I made a good choice. The Nissan had a loose driver seat, the shifter was very notchy, the airbag light kept coming on, the cupholder door was broken, the brake pedal was starting to pulse. Sometimes the windows would roll down by themselves while the car was parked and unoccupied. It was a hassle not being able to open the trunk when the car was unlocked without the fob,which would always set off the panic horn while in my pocket. I will miss the HIDs and nav.

Favorite Features

The body and the motor. Rear camera was a nice touch.

Suggested Improvements

Lower the car for handling, consider all wheel drive option, move the start button so I don't hit the wiper arm by mistake. Have the auto headlight feature be separate from the control arm. Better shifter.

Fun Car to Drive.
By Michael

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Although I do have some cons but overall experience has been great. My cons are the option package by Nissan, poorly put together. When changing lanes I do experience some blind spots. At last the interior design could be a bit better. Other then those, I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

The V6 engine and the 6speed M transmission are my favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

Better optional package. Interior design could use some improvements.

It works hard for the money!
By bigcody

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Owner of this sweet altima for three months. The v-6 combines excellent power and decent fuel economy when mated to the CVT. The car looks more compact and muscular in person than in photos. Driving in city or highway is enjoyable with the smooth VQ engine and refined handling. the ride feels like a blend of comfort and sport and is well suited for the daily commute. The seats are comfortable and the ergonomics are excellent. Fast like a muscle car but more refined. Engine note suits the car well - quiet at idle, aggressive when pushed.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, refined engine, stable feel, overall styling.

Suggested Improvements

I'm 6'2 and it's difficult to find a comfortable seating position without hitting the roof - more headroom.