2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
5 years, 60k miles
By stevewaclo on 12/10/12 22:45 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Noticed only one other review for a Coupe with some miles on it, so thought I'd share my experience. Took delivery in January of '08 and other than a broken limit strap on the driver door, the car has been flawless. Fuel economy on the V6 has been as high as 32 @ 70 (Hwy, measured several times at fill-up and around 20 in town with combined in the low 20's. Although designed for premium, I've used regular. Performance is excellent with some torque steer on hard launch. One track day, with VDC off, was a hoot. Excellent for long trips and plenty of room for skis, with the back seats down. Plus, it takes someone who knows the car to know an '08 from the current model.

This car is crap
By melgoodman77 on 04/24/11 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car used with 34,000 miles on it. I didn't even have it 24 hours and the clutch stuck to the floor while I was doing 75 mph. The dealer said that the hydrolics on the clutch had gone and they also had to replace the master cylinder and the slay cylinder. I have only owned this car a little under 2 months. The gas milage of this car is horrible. I get 18 mpg even when it says I am getting more. The gas light comes on when the gas gauge is only have 1/4 of a tank. Now there is a large clunking sound in the front end of the car and the dearship said they adjusted my subframe. It is still making the clunking noise and needs to go back in. LEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!

All wheel to front wheel... hmm, No Good!
By fourbyforever on 12/02/08 20:23 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in an Audi A6 2.7t for this car. After spending seven months and 9600 miles spinning the tires on dry pavement with traction control on, I figured it was going to snow soon. I traded it in for a 09 Impreza wrx. So far I think I made a good choice. The Nissan had a loose driver seat, the shifter was very notchy, the airbag light kept coming on, the cupholder door was broken, the brake pedal was starting to pulse. Sometimes the windows would roll down by themselves while the car was parked and unoccupied. It was a hassle not being able to open the trunk when the car was unlocked without the fob,which would always set off the panic horn while in my pocket. I will miss the HIDs and nav.

Fun Car to Drive.
By Michael on 07/16/08 16:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Although I do have some cons but overall experience has been great. My cons are the option package by Nissan, poorly put together. When changing lanes I do experience some blind spots. At last the interior design could be a bit better. Other then those, I would recommend this car to anyone.

It works hard for the money!
By bigcody on 03/22/08 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Owner of this sweet altima for three months. The v-6 combines excellent power and decent fuel economy when mated to the CVT. The car looks more compact and muscular in person than in photos. Driving in city or highway is enjoyable with the smooth VQ engine and refined handling. the ride feels like a blend of comfort and sport and is well suited for the daily commute. The seats are comfortable and the ergonomics are excellent. Fast like a muscle car but more refined. Engine note suits the car well - quiet at idle, aggressive when pushed.

Beautiful but engine blown after 68miles
By Allen King on 01/30/08 13:33 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My silver 3.5SE coupe was a sight to be seen. The interior styling is sleek and modern. The Bose stereo sounds crisp and clear, and is paired to a crisp NAV display. The car drove smooth yet powerful and handled very well. Unfortunately after 20 hours of ownership and 68 miles driven, the engine "blew" (Nissan service center's words). Nissan refuses to replace the car, their final decision is to only replace the engine.

Best Car 2008 - Fast
By Sandy F on 01/16/08 13:22 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Once I saw this car it took less than 48 hours to decide to buy and I have no regrets! Although not as comfortable as my Buick Century, it's more fun to drive and lots better gas mileage. I wanted an affordable 2 door coupe and the Altima was it. I've had this car about a month and no tickets yet although when I drive it I want to go really, really fast! Super car. Getting into the back seat is tricky but then again I didn't buy this car to use the back seat often. I did notice the blind spots but now that I own one they don't seem to be a big deal.

This is one awesome car!
By Jim from Maine on 11/06/07 12:18 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My super black 3.5 SE coupe is comfortable, great looking and most importantly, extremely fun to drive! I test drove a Lexus IS 250 the same day and there was no comparison. As a former Maxima owner, I have always been impressed by the quality and performance of Nissan cars and this coupe is no exception. It's quick, handles very well and turns heads. I haven't even let my wife drive it yet and I've had it a week!

Love it!
By MjWel on 11/03/07 05:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

My favorite part is that its a definite head turner. I had never seen one until I saw it on the show room floor. I fell in love, so did my husband. This car has great handling and awesome horsepower. The body is sleek, nothing like the regular Nissan Altima.

I think I'm in love with this thing.
By russellusm on 05/24/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I love the overall feel of the car, inside and out. I owned an 03 Altima and I must say that Nissan has stepped it up a notch the the design of this car. The interior is very plush and the control are nice and simple. The instrument cluster is nicly laid out (not too busy). The acceleration is pretty good for a grocery getter. I have gotten a lot of looks. This car turns heads. Good job Nissan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.